ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest Coach Says" Lamont Jackson Will Never Play in NFL"

2Adulterers

Senior
Aug 11, 2015
In Sports Illustrated article ...He says that Lamont has faulty passing form and the defenses in NFL will tear him apart like a chicken wing..After all without the game plans in advance Lil Brother wuld have lost to Wake Forest..[laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing] but Lamont did win the Heitzman Trophy so I guess that accounts for something..
Get me outta here Percy!!!!!

In Sports Illustrated article ...He says that Lamont has faulty passing form and the defenses in NFL will tear him apart like a chicken wing..After all without the game plans in advance Lil Brother wuld have lost to Wake Forest..[laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing] but Lamont did win the Heitzman Trophy so I guess that accounts for something..
Hate louisville but Jackson is a nfl caliber athlete. If he does not play qb he is a 6"3 gazelle of a wr.

You're right Lamont will not play in nfl. Lamar will.

The WF coach is denying he was the one that said it. Jackson is the one saying it was him. He only had 140 passing yds against WF.

He's not an NFL quarterback but he's a great athlete so he will spend some time in the league

I've said all long he will not make it as a nfl qb. now he may make it at wr or a defensive back. but if he doesn't know how to play those positions then he better make sure he has a degree he can use. nothing personal against him just the facts.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Lamar will get a shot as a starting QB in the NFL. He will have to work on ball security though. The margin for error in the NFL is much smaller. It is hard to come back from turnovers against modern NFL defenses.

I like bashing UofL as much as the next guy, but all we're doing when we criticize a great player is make ourselves look like the little brother. The big brother doesn't punch down. He knows he's the bigger brother. It makes us look like UofL fans when we try to make fun of their QB (who won the Heisman trophy a few months ago the last time I checked). All talking about UofL does is show that they're constantly consuming your mind. That's what someone with an inferiority complex does. Not the state's flagship university that has more football history in a 10-15 year span than UofL has in it's entire existence.

I like bashing UofL as much as the next guy, but all we're doing when we criticize a great player is make ourselves look like the little brother. The big brother doesn't punch down. He knows he's the bigger brother. It makes us look like UofL fans when we try to make fun of their QB (who won the Heisman trophy a few months ago the last time I checked). All talking about UofL does is show that they're constantly consuming your mind. That's what someone with an inferiority complex does. Not the state's flagship university that has more football history in a 10-15 year span than UofL has in it's entire existence.

Which 10-15 year span would that be? I mean, I get what you're saying but the "little brother" tag has always applied to basketball. Not sure that the same logic applies to football.

Lamar/Lamont will play in the NFL. I do think he will end up like Bridgewater or any other running QB. You just can't last in the NFL as a running QB. (Newton is the exception)

Reactions: Poetax
He will play in the NFL and anyone who says differently is an idiot.

We made him look pathetic.

If Vince young and Jamarcus Russel couldn't hack it, I can certainly see Lamar not catching on in the NFL. Athleticism doesn't mean anything up there. His feet won't help him.

And y'all saying "he'll play WR!!" are proving WF coach point by acknowledging he'll get torn apart and have to switch positions.

He's one hell of a college player. Don't know about the NFL 'cause he hasn't played their yet. Neither does the WF coach.

If we had him and a nose tackle we'd win 8-9.

We made him look pathetic.

If Vince young and Jamarcus Russel couldn't hack it, I can certainly see Lamar not catching on in the NFL. Athleticism doesn't mean anything up there. His feet won't help him.

And y'all saying "he'll play WR!!" are proving WF coach point by acknowledging he'll get torn apart and have to switch positions.
He may not catch on in the NFL but I still bet he will play in the NFL. Hes probably the best athlete at QB since Vick, someone will give him a chance.

Reactions: getcha pull
images

Reactions: sambowieshin
I think the Lamont thing is stupid...but I just don't think he is very good.

Look at his record against bowl teams.

The kid is a freak athlete and one of the most dangerous threats I've seen in a long time (even more than M. Vick) at the college level. He has his draw backs for sure and has made some untimely mistakes but let's be real you hold your breath ever time he takes off against you. And he throws it much better than most give him credit for too, just has decision problems at times.

Don't think his skills will translate tot he NFL because those athletes can chase him down and take away a lot of his threat that way and he needs that threat to make his passing game work.

So I hope UL loses every game under the mercy rule but come on, this guy is pretty good.

Always curious about these types of things, so:

Stats against bowl team (8 games, team went 4-4):
25 TD's (3.125/game)
10 TO's (1.25/game)
1887 yards passing (235/game)
861 rushing yards (107/game)
2748 total yards (343/game)

Deshaun Watson stats against bowl teams (12 games, team went 11-1)
40 TD's (3.3 game)
18 TO's (1.5/game)
3894 yards passing (324/game)
547 yards rushing (45/game)
4441 total yards (370/game)

Obviously, Clemson was more successful against bowl teams, and played 4 more. Overall, stats are pretty even when looking at per game.

He's not an NFL Quarterback. And he's not built to take the hits in the NFL. But to say he won't play in the NFL is not right. This guy is one of the best college athletes in some time. If he can translate his footwork into route running he will be a solid NFL player. Think Antwaan Randle El.

Reactions: Kentucky31
I dont know if he is a NFL QB - He is the best athlete in CFB since CAM Newton - Lamar doesnt have the weight he needs to play qb in the NFL - he can get there - He needs to learn to rely on his arm not his legs in the pros -The speed u cant teach and he has world class football speed - If he doesnt make it at QB he will have a chance to be a ALL PRO at WR- Terrell Pryor is showing the NFL how great he can be at WR- Pryor is a beast at WR- Hope the kid makes it - Jackson is the biggest game changer in CFB- VICK may have made the hall of fame at wr but at QB just average player

Last edited:
Lamar/Lamont will play in the NFL. I do think he will end up like Bridgewater or any other running QB. You just can't last in the NFL as a running QB. (Newton is the exception)
Bridgewater wasn't a running QB. He was never going to be as good as the Tard fans thought, but, if not for a freak injury, he probably would have been a serviceable starter for several years.

Most likely Jackson will not be a long term NFL starting quarterback. Tyrrelle Pryor started for the Raiders and even set an NFL record for the longest TD run by a QB, but ultimately he did not have the necessities to be an NFL QB and had to switch positions and became a successful WR.

It's silly for people to insist that Jackson isn't a good player. He's a great player. If I had a Heisman vote, I would have given it to Deshaun Watson last year, even before the playoffs. I just thought Watson was the better player. But Jackson is a very good player. Without him, UL is an average college football team. I think Jackson will get drafted as a quarterback. If he gets picked by the right team, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a successful NFL career. He is a great athlete with NFL speed and a strong, accurate throwing arm. We will have to play very well to beat him again this year, but I think our team is good enough to get it done at home.

He's a great college Quarterback, but so was Tim Tebow, but the NFL is a lot different than college.

Reactions: Poetax
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking - a great college qb. I doubt Jackson will be able to play quarterback in the NFL - but I don't agree with some of you guys who think changing positions, playing a new position you've never played before, and at the very highest level of football, is as easy as rolling out of bed. Maybe he can just simply decide to be an NFL wide receiver and then go do it. But I wouldn't count on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT