ADVERTISEMENT

Van Gundy and Jalen Rose among those canned by espn

Johnson may have been fired but he's in good shape.
ESPN has let go Max Kellerman and Keyshawn Johnson, The Post has learned.

The news isn’t all bad for Johnson as only a year ago, he signed a five-year deal in the neighborhood of $18 million – and he will be able to collect all of it.

Johnson also may become a top candidate to replace Shannon Sharpe as Skip Bayless’ debater on FS1’s “Undisputed.”

Guess they'll be moving Doris Burke up the ladder to Van Gundy's spot.
That's awful. She is the most overrated announcer in the sport. She was a novelty and then when fans actually started listening, they realized she picks up the latest "slang" from the FO/Coaches/Analytic Nerds and then throws that into her commentary without having to explain anything. She belong with the always corny and pathetic Mark Jones who tries to talk like a 13 yr old to be "cool".

Surprised mcshay is out. Not a huge fan but he filled the talking head debate role ESPN loves across from kiper.

Reactions: UK19
What I find interesting is

1 I guess weee going back to traditional play by play and color commentator va 3 man team wjtb Vsn Gundy mark Jackson snd play by play

2. But why keep Kendrick Perkins and really their basketball crew is some of the dumbest insights. Dude calls Jokic a MVP due to white racism../then Jokic goes onto one of greatest runs in playoff to a title ..he even picks Heat in finals and it wasn’t even close. He’s a poster child for I’m all things black player with no legit stats to back up my dumb argument

3 they better hope McAfee stays strong when he rolls over to espn. Many of his followers don’t seem to be cool with the move and he can’t drop f bombs galore ..that could end up being not what they thought. He has to carry the day for them in NFL

Be interesting but the YouTube channels are more and more market share…we’ll see if that trend continues

1 I guess weee going back to traditional play by play and color commentator va 3 man team wjtb Vsn Gundy mark Jackson snd play by play

2. But why keep Kendrick Perkins and really their basketball crew is some of the dumbest insights. Dude calls Jokic a MVP due to white racism../then Jokic goes onto one of greatest runs in playoff to a title ..he even picks Heat in finals and it wasn’t even close. He’s a poster child for I’m all things black player with no legit stats to back up my dumb argument

3 they better hope McAfee stays strong when he rolls over to espn. Many of his followers don’t seem to be cool with the move and he can’t drop f bombs galore ..that could end up being not what they thought. He has to carry the day for them in NFL

Be interesting but the YouTube channels are more and more market share…we’ll see if that trend continues
I hadn't heard that Perkins said that but if so, he's a racist POS considering the NBA is like 95% black. I guess with racist statements against white people is what makes him woke enough to keep his job.

I was surprised they canned McShay. Keeping Perkins and not Rose makes no sense other than they don’t pay him much comparatively. He does follow their creed though like SAS.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I was surprised they canned McShay. Keeping Perkins and not Rose makes no sense other than they don’t pay him much comparatively. He does follow their creed though like SAS.
Kendrick Perkins is a no value simp. The guy brings no actual fresh analysis or interesting takes. And that's if you can actually understand his butchering of basic human speech and English grammar. He's rude and combative. I couldn't stand him before he came out as openly racist. His disgusting ideology was just the cherry on top. But apparently that last point is all ESPN focuses on these days.

Surprised mcshay is out. Not a huge fan but he filled the talking head debate role ESPN loves across from kiper.
He also knows quite more than Kiper about FB and it's really embarrassing if we're being honest, but why would a Sports network want someone who knows something about sports and actually played it in College, along with being at games and interacting with coaches who can talk about upcoming draft prospects on their team/in their conferences?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT