ADVERTISEMENT

UT's Pruitt Absolutely Rips QB After Fumble

Oct 5, 2005
Pruitt was furious after Tennessee's quarterback fumbled. Camera showed him screaming at the guy for several minutes after the mistake. Safe to say this QB will be on the bench for the rest of the season.

announcers think it was a to be a handoff and QB tried to improvise on his own...

I suspect Pruitt haters will be all over this, reminds me of Fla fans running McElwain out of town.

Looks like the kid went rogue on the play.

The blocking looks like it was supposed to be a handoff going left, but instead the QB kept the ball and tried to take it in himself up the middle

...and with disastrous results.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t fault the QB for cold cocking him for the face mask move. Ought to be suspended.

WEAK.....I’m sure that little tug caused severe physiological damage to the player. Especially if the QB redirected the play on his own in that situation.......

If the Vawls could have scored at that point, it would have made the score 28-20 with Tua out of the game and plenty of time left in the 4th for a major upset.....

Reactions: Pete391
I’m sure that little tug caused severe physiological damage to the player.

Had I not followed a play in my day resulting in a turnover, I would have expected such treatment in Junior High Football!

I am not a UT Coach, but if I were and he pulled such a stunt, he would sit the rest of the season, and then be politely asked to transfer.

Last time I saw that happen was when Bill Curry grabbed Prince Wimbly's face mask after hot dogging after a catch. The difference was Curry trying to instill discipline and Pruitt was having a tantrum, today's kids are different and Tennessee's QB might not be back or be the same if he stays on the team.

Reactions: Levibooty
Rich Brooks grabbed a face mask and set a player straight about a personal foul he had committed but it felt different, Brooks was not upset with the player mistake as he was about the players intent it seemed.

today's kids are different

Kids are the same.

Society is different!

Give JG his participation trophy and find a safe room for him.

If he intentionally deviated from a designed play, I’m certain he has no fault in the matter, and his actions are merely reflecting a lack of nurturing, or stress induced by participating in a game where they keep an actual score.

Time for both player and Coach to attend sensitivity training, where they can get in touch with their emotions, find out who they really are, address multiple evident ills of society, and emerge better for the experience.

I’d have JG singing Cum Ba Ya, . . . . while he ran the steps of Neyland . . . . until he threw his guts up!

I'm sure it still happens like this on the sidelines some but not out on the field so much, do you have any recent ones of those?

It’s Pruitt’s fault. UT is still riding the Guarantano train. Their backup QB scored on the first or second drive, and I never saw his ass again. Guarantano is awful.

Reactions: no1gman
Kids are the same.

Society is different!

If he intentionally deviated from a designed play, I’m certain he has no fault in the matter, and his actions are merely reflecting a lack of nurturing, or stress induced by participating in a game where they keep an actual score.

Time for both player and Coach to attend sensitivity training, where they can get in touch with their emotions, find out who they really are, address multiple evident ills of society, and emerge better for the experience.

I’d have JG singing Cum Ba Ya, . . . . while he ran the steps of Neyland . . . . until he threw his guts up!
You left out the part where they'll need to have a female counselor on the sidelines full time in order to remind the coach to be more "considerate" of their feelings and to give advice on how to discipline players in a more "constructive" manner.

He got knocked out of the game.... Hence Pruitt playing the backup

If he was the starter, it’s the first time I’ve seen it all year. About time. They looked much better when he was in the game. Guarantano is awful.

If he was the starter, it’s the first time I’ve seen it all year. About time. They looked much better when he was in the game. Guarantano is awful.
He’s started the last three weeks for them. But he’s got hurt every game he’s played in so far.

Reactions: Mike-D
Hey cool-cat, if it happens on the sideline less people see it, that's all I'm saying, I didn't know you were so sensitive.

Kids are the same.

Society is different!

If society is different then so are kids and society is different. The difference I see is the impact of the digital world. If that wasn't so then silicon valley parents wouldn't be keeping smartphones out of the hands of their young children.

Reactions: katwest
I don’t doubt they look better when Maurer is in the game, but in his last two games he has thrown three interceptions in fourteen passing attempts.

Also he has now suffered concussions in consecutive games, which really sucks for football.

I don’t doubt they look better when Maurer is in the game, but in his last two games he has thrown three interceptions in fourteen passing attempts.

Also he has now suffered concussions in consecutive games, which really sucks for football.

He looked good in the small sample size I watched. Guarantano is awful. Hope he plays against us.

This Guarantano kid had improvised play calls multiple times in his career. That was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Pruitt's had every reason to be mad at him, it was a game changer
I cant believe all the sensitive men in this thread. Because of you, we now have "targetting " calls.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Don't worry, Guarantano and Pruitt will be smiling, hugging, and high fiving when they play us, if history is any indicator.

I wish Stoops would have reached up and grabbed Sternberg's facemask a few times last night, when his lack of discipline and stupidity absolutely killed our drives and a chance to score.

He couldn't reach it. No need to embarrass your own self.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Pruitt was furious after Tennessee's quarterback fumbled. Camera showed him screaming at the guy for several minutes after the mistake. Safe to say this QB will be on the bench for the rest of the season.
Pruitt has something he does not like with this QB because he has been in his face, even on national TV, all year long. If I was this QB I would put my name in to transfer immediately and go play for someone that will treat me like everyone else. Pruitt player Maurer even after he was just on concussion alert and he may have got another one by playing too soon. Pruitt is scared for his job and is not handling his players like a mature adult should.

Pruitt has something he does not like with this QB because he has been in his face, even on national TV, all year long. If I was this QB I would put my name in to transfer immediately and go play for someone that will treat me like everyone else. Pruitt player Maurer even after he was just on concussion alert and he may have got another one by playing too soon. Pruitt is scared for his job and is not handling his players like a mature adult should.
I agree that looked like some pent up hate that had been simmering for a while and finally exploded last night. I thought Tennessee got hosed on several bad calls, and that may have contributed to Pruitt losing his cool at the end of the game. I don't necessarily have a problem with Pruitt yelling at the kid or grabbing his face mask, but I also wouldn't blame the kid if he had smacked Pruitt in response. If someone screamed at me and put their hands on me at work, it would be difficult not to push them back.

It’s Pruitt’s fault. UT is still riding the Guarantano train. Their backup QB scored on the first or second drive, and I never saw his ass again. Guarantano is awful.
Gurarantano is the backup, freshman starter Mauer left game with concussion like symptoms after taking a hit to the head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT