ADVERTISEMENT

Utah Paper On Pope

Interesting tidbit from the article:

Pope creates, expects and demands what he calls “the best locker room in America” in that he expects his players to leave their personal agendas aside and focus on what is best for the team. This year Jaxson Robinson was BYU’s best player, and leading scorer and he CAME OFF THE BENCH.

Robinson was the Big 12′s Sixth Man Award winner.

Who gets a superstar to do that?

Pope creates, expects and demands what he calls “the best locker room in America” in that he expects his players to leave their personal agendas aside and focus on what is best for the team. This year Jaxson Robinson was BYU’s best player, and leading scorer and he CAME OFF THE BENCH.

John Calipari had our best 2 players come off the bench. Reed and Rob.

Booker, Reed, Rob, Miller

Another tidbit I was not aware of:
But really folks, who shouldn’t be happy for Pope, a semifinalist for the national coach of the year after an impressive first season in the Big 12 with a win at Kansas and wins over half a dozen teams that went deep in the Big Dance.

Yeah, because he made unwarranted recruiting promises and was also trying to keep Krap, I mean Klutch Sports happy...

Certainly not for the benefit of the team, I can tell you that
If Jaxson starts, do they beat Duquesne round 1? Duquesne started the game up 12-2. Much like Kentucky’s start vs Oakland. I hope he starts the best 5 players here

Pope was candidate for NCOY
Pope was a candidate for Rhodes scholar
Pope has a mastermind offense
Pope was already beating Kansas with Mormons
Pope was in medical school at Columbia

Has anyone ever considered besides @RaginRondo that this guy sounds like an up and coming Brad Stevens?

Reactions: Wildcatjedi and K86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT