ADVERTISEMENT

UT starting right tackle in the portal

Wasnt there an All American OT named Gerald Mincey that played at Florida years go? His son?

He was committed to Kentucky then decommitted and ran his big fat yapper on his way out. Talking trash about UK.

Transferred to Tennessee from Florida and got arrested for possession of a controlled substance.

That dude can kick rocks all the way to wherever he ends up as long as it isn't UK.

The one gift he did give us was getting completely steamrolled on the left side of the line of scrimmage leading to the blocked kick that Trevin Wallace returned for a TD. Dude is rolling around on the ground like a beached whale while Trevin is flying down the field for a TD.

All in all I guess that is a no for me Dawg.

Visiting Ole Miss soon.

They have spent so heavy on the defensive side if this guy is any good they most likely don't have the $$ to sign him. But they did free up quite a bit when the RB left, but they are looking for a replacement.

They have spent so heavy on the defensive side if this guy is any good they most likely don't have the $$ to sign him. But they did free up quite a bit when the RB left, but they are looking for a replacement.
He has the potential to be good, but the knock on him has always been that he doesn't have any dog in him. Staff wanted him to have a mean streak, but he just never seemed to develop that nastiness you want your OL guys to have. He also never fully embraced being moved from LT to RT, so I don't know if that factored in any way to his inconsistency. I liked Mincey, and at times he could look really good, but at other times there was no effort, and I have mixed feelings on his departure. Perhaps if he gets somewhere and gets to be at LT he might prove to be a consistently good OT, but the first year he was at UT he got to play at LT and was still inconsistent, so I dunno.

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT