ADVERTISEMENT

USWNT..

Anti-American how?
Not taking the bait. I get it, you’re woke and don’t see a problem with woke agendas. State your case and move along. Not interested in these baiting games where you are hunting for a gotcha.

Very difficult to root for them. And I think a lot of America agreed. Not only the woke/political stuff and Rapinoe being such an absolute rag. But this team got waaaaay too cocky with the 3 month marketing campaign run of "us vs the world". I don't even like when the US men's basketball team does that, and they are far more of a sure thing than the women's team ever will be.

That commercial with Trevor Lawrence and Patrick Mahomes basically having to downplay their own greatness just to do a plug for women's soccer was nauseating.

Last edited:
Not taking the bait. I get it, you’re woke and don’t see a problem with woke agendas. State your case and move along. Not interested in these baiting games where you are hunting for a gotcha.
What bait? You claim they are anti-American. If that is correct and they are so anti-American, why would they put on an America jersey and play the game representing America?

Would also genuinely like to know why you think they are anti America.

Last edited:
How am I "woke"? Seriously. You keep dodging.

Reactions: DanCat17
Which national team program is the bigger dumpster fire right now, men’s or women’s? Tough call.
How is the men's team a dumpster fire? This is the most talent USA has ever had by far, and gearing to making a run in a USA hosted men's world cup in 2026.

Reactions: College#19
How is the men's team a dumpster fire? This is the most talent USA has ever had by far, and gearing to making a run in a USA hosted men's world cup in 2026.
Well they missed the World Cup the cycle before last. This World Cup they benched one of their best players/talents, had drama with his parents, coach called out for assaulting his wife a long time ago, seemingly fired the coach, seemingly re-hired the coach etc. Just spitballin here.

Well they missed the World Cup the cycle before last. This World Cup they benched one of their best players/talents, had drama with his parents, coach called out for assaulting his wife a long time ago, seemingly fired the coach, seemingly re-hired the coach etc. Just spitballin here.
Yeah in 2018 you could say it was in bad shape. But not playing a young player due to coaching decision? There's always going to be some drama. They rebounded from 2018 to make it out of the group stage and to the round of 16 in the last world cup, have had recent commitments from very talented players (one a striker position, a prior position of weakness), and are clearly gearing up to make a run in 2026 in their own backyard. I would say they are on the up and up.

Yeah in 2018 you could say it was in bad shape. But not playing a young player due to coaching decision? There's always going to be some drama. They rebounded from 2018 to make it out of the group stage and to the round of 16 in the last world cup, have had recent commitments from very talented players (one a striker position, a prior position of weakness), and are clearly gearing up to make a run in 2026 in their own backyard. I would say they are on the up and up.
I hope so. Very disappointed they are bringing Berhalter back.

It's one thing to make a one-off political comment. The entire US is fully aware that 30-year old female soccer players likely aren't republicans. We don't care. Vote however you want.

But it's another thing to be like Rapinoe who has consistently put her self into the sports media cycle by opening her mouth. Whether it's politics, whether it's equal pay, or whether it's this over-confidence that doomed their team this year. She made a concerted effort to wag her beliefs in front of her fans, fans who mostly don't agree with her. You will only take digs so much before you fall out of favor with someone. The US largely fell out of favor with Rapino and the women's team.

It's one thing to make a one-off political comment. The entire US is fully aware that 30-year old female soccer players likely aren't republicans. We don't care. Vote however you want.

But it's another thing to be like Rapinoe who has consistently put her self into the sports media cycle by opening her mouth. Whether it's politics, whether it's equal pay, or whether it's this over-confidence that doomed their team this year. She made a concerted effort to wag her beliefs in front of her fans, fans who mostly don't agree with her. You will only take digs so much before you fall out of favor with someone. The US largely fell out of favor with Rapino and the women's team.
None of those things should mean turning on the team and spouting joyously how you're glad that they lost.

None of those things should mean turning on the team and spouting joyously how you're glad that they lost.

Lol... wrong. I was never upset about one off dudes like Colin K kneeling for the flag. I thought he was an idiot (especially given his background), but whatever. He played for the 49ers, not the USA, and I think it was a self own on Donald Trump for going after him.

But if you play for the USA, your ass better be standing up and singing the Anthem. Otherwise, don't play.

Lol... wrong. I was never upset about one off dudes like Colin K kneeling for the flag. I thought he was an idiot (especially given his background), but whatever. He played for the 49ers, not the USA, and I think it was a self own on Donald Trump for going after him.

But if you play for the USA, your ass better be standing up and singing the Anthem. Otherwise, don't play.
THIS^^^^^^^^

Reactions: Mdnerd

I disagree. Many people want to see the US WOmens team do well, and maybe some of us realize that the political/social comments, along with the cockiness, is what caused them to suck. Focus on practicing, not gender stuff. There's even some past womens PLAYERS on this team who have made comments on the distracting nature of people like Rapino.

Maybe now the US Womens Soccer "club" will think twice about who they put on their team.

Reactions: Mdnerd
Given as to how out spoken some of the players have been on this team with their political views it would be a good time for USA Soccer to evaluate who they put on this team in the future. I don't have an issue with athletes who want to make political statements but some of these women simply went too far and honestly represent a very small minority of the American population.

End of thread - mods feel free to lock.

Yeah man.. screw freedom.. Comply or else!!!

I disagree. Many people want to see the US WOmens team do well, and maybe some of us realize that the political/social comments, along with the cockiness, is what caused them to suck. Focus on practicing, not gender stuff. There's even some past womens PLAYERS on this team who have made comments on the distracting nature of people like Rapino.

Maybe now the US Womens Soccer "club" will think twice about who they put on their team.
I don't think that stuff had any reason to do with why they lost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT