ADVERTISEMENT

Used to pull for UGA when not playing UK, but...

bigbluelou

All-SEC
Apr 13, 2011
...reading their message boards about the final timeout and score by UK, you'd have thought Stoops raped some kids. Called him everything but a human being and said they'd lost all respect for him. Probably ten separate threads about it. What did they expect? Just take a knee and kiss their arses? I'm glad he did it and really enjoyed that last drive.

I know message board fans can be the worst, but these UGA fans are insufferable. The game was never in doubt by early Q3. You had your win, comfortably. Are you pouting because you didn't cover the spread? Maybe we should have just punted, or kicked a fg to make you feel better? Learn to win with dignity and not be collective d##sh rockets because someone scored on your precious defense.

Rant over.

Its ppl that are short sighted and think we should have just let the clock run out on the 1.

reality is we were playing for momentum moving forward as well as bowl pecking order.

if we run the table and so does UGA, and then UGA beats Bama by more than 17 or around the same....UK having taken their L 6 weeks in the rear view and on the road should be #2 in the SEC pecking order.

Now whether that means Sugar bowl or 4 seed in the playoffs is yet to be seen. Still a lot of season left.

If you don’t want someone to score, stop them. Would never fault Stoops for not just laying down. Y’all have a very tough team. Go win five more.

I thought the announcer Danielson said it very well during the broadcast when Nessler commented about the drive taking so long.

Stoops knew the game was out of reach, but he wanted the offense and the team to end the game on a positive note by putting together a good drive against a great defense.

Considering the game was out of reach, it didn’t matter if there were 10 seconds or 2 minutes?

As a coach, how could you not want to reward them with a score at the end?

...reading their message boards about the final timeout and score by UK, you'd have thought Stoops raped some kids. Called him everything but a human being and said they'd lost all respect for him. Probably ten separate threads about it. What did they expect? Just take a knee and kiss their arses? I'm glad he did it and really enjoyed that last drive.

I know message board fans can be the worst, but these UGA fans are insufferable. The game was never in doubt by early Q3. You had your win, comfortably. Are you pouting because you didn't cover the spread? Maybe we should have just punted, or kicked a fg to make you feel better? Learn to win with dignity and not be collective d##sh rockets because someone scored on your precious defense.

Rant over.
Georgia fan here. I didn’t necessarily like Stoops calling the TO there, but he had every right to. We could have kept UK out of the end zone and we didn’t. Side note, game day brings out the worst of the worst on the Dawgvent and doesn’t necessarily represent the folks that normally post on there. Good game fellas. By far the best team the dawgs have played all year.

Its ppl that are short sighted and think we should have just let the clock run out on the 1.

reality is we were playing for momentum moving forward as well as bowl pecking order.

if we run the table and so does UGA, and then UGA beats Bama by more than 17 or around the same....UK having taken their L 6 weeks in the rear view and on the road should be #2 in the SEC pecking order.

Now whether that means Sugar bowl or 4 seed in the playoffs is yet to be seen. Still a lot of season left.

Yep, with bowl pecking order in mind, the Cats need to win out (especially if they can get a blowout or two for media perception/poll rankings), and Bama needs to stub their toe once more before reaching the SEC champ game and then lose to the Dawgs.

Cats would would likely be in line for the Sugar bowl at that point.

If you don’t want someone to score, stop them. Would never fault Stoops for not just laying down. Y’all have a very tough team. Go win five more.
Thank you GTD. This was my point. I just don't understand why they got so upset...it's just silly. As others have said, UK was just trying to get some mo going for the next game. You guys are head and shoulders better than anyone in the country. It's a shame to let some petty, petulant fans take away from that, at least from a fan's perspective.

Peace, and hope you guys stay healthy the rest of the year.

Reactions: GermantownDawg
Georgia fan here. I didn’t necessarily like Stoops calling the TO there, but he had every right to. We could have kept UK out of the end zone and we didn’t. Side note, game day brings out the worst of the worst on the Dawgvent and doesn’t necessarily represent the folks that normally post on there. Good game fellas. By far the best team the dawgs have played all year.
Thanks, man. Appreciate the kind words. I shouldn't be so thin-skinned, but I was just really taken aback by some of the comments. Anyway, good luck the rest of the way. You guys have a special team and should win the title this year.

UK is trying to get to a major bowl game. Absolutely needed to score. If UK was up 30 to 7 and called late Time out.. 180 degree different. And yes it was nice to cover the spread. UK played a clean game. Like the Uniforms and being in it at half time as well.

Man, you guys have a really good team. Those kids fought until the clock said zero. Great program. We've got a truly special defense this year. Much respect to you folks.
Thanks. After I cool down, I'll go back to rooting for you all. Your team is epic...destined for a nc imho. Good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: Dawgs_74
Don’t care what a bunch of prima Donna fans think. UGA running its remaining schedule is best for the Cats, if we can keep winning. The chances of them losing 2 regular season games is nil.

Rant over.
I don't see what the big deal is? The game is 60 minutes long and each team gets 6 total timeouts. UGA was clearly trying to stop us on defense, why shouldn't we try to score? That TD had zero impact on that game, but it could have a huge impact for our offense moving forward.

Yeh Gameday does the same thing here. I had to leave our game thread and stay on the main board because of the idiotic drive by posters that just show up here once a week.

Good game and good luck to you guys the rest of the season!

Very possible two teams from the east make playoffs. Keep winning Cats!
Nice to see a level headed big picture response from a Dawg fan. It wasn’t about this game. It was about making it look as respectable as possible w bowl and committee members are looking at the 1 loss teams and scrolling scores.

17 on the road reads a lot better. Been nice to have that other 7 on wandales dropped TD or to have fell on that fumble or had that review made y’all punt. 10 points on the road to the number 1 team likely gets us in at #4.

Couldn’t believe the whining from the Bulldog fans in the stands on so many plays. Players and coach are good guys. Can’t pull for them winning it all because of their whiny ass fans.

Reactions: bigbluelou
Nice to see a level headed big picture response from a Dawg fan. It wasn’t about this game. It was about making it look as respectable as possible w bowl and committee members are looking at the 1 loss teams and scrolling scores.

17 on the road reads a lot better. Been nice to have that other 7 on wandales dropped TD or to have fell on that fumble or had that review made y’all punt. 10 points on the road to the number 1 team likely gets us in at #4.

Georgia fans really are the most sensitive fans in the SEC.
I was six in 1980. Imagine thinking your team is invincible, then life sets you straight! To be so close so many times is very painful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT