ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today article on Calipari & UK

i recall Tubby being asked about the fan pressure by a Minnesota reporter when he accepted the position there. He said that fan pressure is always there but when you see a high profile coach leave, it usually has more to do with the AD. And then he said, "And that is all I am going to say about that."

I can honestly see Mitch putting a ton of pressure on Cal at the end of this season. At the very least, there needs to be some changes in the coaching staff. Mitch pressured Tubby to make him leave. Maybe he can now pressure Cal??
We call that “managing him out”…..to a new position…for a different employer

He still thinks Cal can figure things out and right the ship.

Cal is locked into his own death spiral at this point.
Yup, Cal keeps clinging to the “we will break thru!” But he’s lost it. This will be the most Suprising turnaround ever for me if it happened, but I don’t see it. He can’t magically make them defend, and he won’t try different looks. He has ran out of answers on the court.

Reactions: NociHTTP
He has not made big changes
Yes he has.

He overhauled the whole staff a few years ago, brought in Welch, and embraced a modern offense. All since the 2020 debacle.

All things most here said he'd never do. I've been here the whole time and remember folks saying it.

Still has issues and needs to get Ws, but he has made some big changes. One's that I admit I wasn't even sure he would.

Deserves credit for that at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT