ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Updates on Montgomery and Simons...

tj_walker

T.J. Walker
Gold Member
May 25, 2011
Louisville
podcasts.apple.com
Evan Daniels has a story about UK's interest in E.J. Montgomery and Ben Roberts also mentioned that UK fans should be expecting to hear the Cats are involved with Anfernee Simons. I just wanted to updated what I was hearing before the weekend and I will have plenty more on Monday.

E.J. Montgomery- I said a few weeks ago that Duke was making him a priority. I would have initially thought the addition of Zion Williamson would end any chance of Montgomery being a target, and Montgomery wanting to go to Duke, but clearly that's not the case. So, watch out for the Blue Devils.

However, UK is going to put the full court press on Montgomery as long as they don't sense any character issues, which I'm told shouldn't be an issue. UK will likely go all-in on Montgomery and there could be some recruiting drama heading into April or May. Just when we were thinking things could be slowing down.

I do believe UK wanted to keep things under-wraps in this recruitment but it seems that's not going to happen. UK is interested and it's my opinion that I think the Cats will have a pretty damn good chance at landing Montgomery (basing that opinion on conversations I've had with AAU folks).

Simons- I'll be honest, when someone first mentioned his name I thought there would be no chance that UK would reach out and he would have no interests in Kentucky. Following Ben's lead, I do believe UK has reached out and I believe he's interested in Kentucky. It doesn't mean UK is the leader. It doesn't mean he will end up at Kentucky. But this will be something I will watch VERY closely. However, unlike Montgomery's recruitment, UK is going to do EVERYTHING it can to keep this quiet.

As of today UK expects to lose SGA but Quade to return. If that happens not only would Simons be an unbelievable addition, it actually would be needed. I like Quickley. I like Herro. But, they're not the same level of play makers as Simons would be for the Cats.

One brief conversation I had with someone in the AAU scene guessed Simons would go pro, but I need to address that I asked for a prediction and the person wasn't overly confident.

In conclusion, UK's 2018 recruiting efforts are alive and well. It may be another Duke vs. UK battle for Montgomery and the Cats are keeping quiet about Simons, but interested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News