ADVERTISEMENT

Update on the "steals" record

BlueBomb

All-American
Apr 3, 2009
Rondo had 87. Shep has 76 and needs 12 to break it.

A minimum of four games remain, but we SHOULD be able to count on at least six more games.

Do he or don't he?

I say yes, but barely...

One instance where playing Thursday in sec tourney might benefit UK for this record.

I'd say he does it barely as well. That's 2 per game over 6 games. If he can have a 4 steal game against vandy that would make it even easier.

How does a UK player passing another UK player for a UK record benefit UK?

Reactions: NociHTTP
It would be great for him to have a big steals game. Vanderbilt might be the best opportunity for that. I'm definitely rooting for him.

And keep in mind, he's also on the verge of breaking the rebounding record for a guard for UK.

But I'll tell you this: Sheppard isn't worried about breaking records. He's worried about winning games. And that's why we all love the guy. 👍

Edit: sorry everyone, I've got the wrong stat in mind. It's blocked shots for a guard, not rebounds. Reed has 22. Liggins had 28.

Last edited:
It would be great for him to have a big steals game. Vanderbilt might be the best opportunity for that. I'm definitely rooting for him.

And keep in mind, he's also on the verge of breaking the rebounding record for a guard for UK.

But I'll tell you this: Sheppard isn't worried about breaking records. He's worried about winning games. And that's why we all love the guy. 👍
He will also probably finish number 2 in blocked shots in a season by a guard . Behind only Liggins.

Really? What’s the record? I know Gerald Fitch had to be up there. He rebounded great for a guard.

Reactions: Blisterpac
Really? What’s the record? I know Gerald Fitch had to be up there. He rebounded great for a guard.
I've got the wrong stat in mind. Sorry. It is actually blocks for a guard, not rebounds. And the guy who has the record is DeAndre Liggins, who had 28 blocks in a single season. Reed is currently 2nd in blocks for a guard with 22.

I've got the wrong stat in mind. Sorry. It is actually blocks for a guard, not rebounds. And the guy who has the record is DeAndre Liggins, who had 28 blocks in a single season. Reed is currently 2nd in blocks for a guard with 22.
Oh okay cool. I was like wow if he breaks both of those in one year while leading 3 point % and TS %. What a player!

Reactions: IL Wildcat
12 steals in 11 games should be doable
images

• Haha
Reactions: BBUK
One instance where playing Thursday in sec tourney might benefit UK for this record.

I'd say he does it barely as well. That's 2 per game over 6 games. If he can have a 4 steal game against vandy that would make it even easier.
That would make up a bit for the zero against Arkansas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT