ADVERTISEMENT

UNC's 6 Titles; 4 Were "Gifts" And 2 Were Direct Result Of Massive Cheating

dlh331

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
1957 Back to back triple OT games with the title game versus an all time choker in Wilt Chamberlain at Kansas (what a bad combination)

1982 G'Town's Freddie Brown spots a wide open James Worthy...unfortunately the wrong team

1993 Michigan's Webber calls a Time out to ask Dean Smith if they should run 4 corners and take the last shot....again, wrong team

2005 and 2009 Massive academic fraud

2017 Never in my 57 years of following the sport have I seen a title GIVEN to a team like this one

Most despicable program on the planet

It always amazed me that the ony 2 titles Dean Smith won were due to 2 of the most infamous and bizarre plays in the tourney's history.
Also illustrates just how dificult it is to win 6 games in row in this format.

I'll go along with the 05 and 09 AFAM teams but can't reason with your "gift" years. You could come up with similar supposed reasons for almost all champs. 98 Cats needed three different teams to blow considerable leads.

Just curious. What are your thoughts on those kids that go to Georgetown, one of the most difficult schools in the country?
You're telling me that Allen Iverson, the kid that couldn't even put a sentence together, is writing papers and passing tests at Georgetown? Some of these kids are straight from the ghetto, I'm surprised this is just now an issue.

Reactions: blubo
Just curious. What are your thoughts on those kids that go to Georgetown, one of the most difficult schools in the country?
You're telling me that Allen Iverson, the kid that couldn't even put a sentence together, is writing papers and passing tests at Georgetown? Some of these kids are straight from the ghetto, I'm surprised this is just now an issue.
Are you saying Georgetown ran The Carolina Way scam too? Just now an issue? You haven't been keeping up. There's been actual evidence of UNC-Cheat's academic fraud for years.

Are you saying Georgetown ran The Carolina Way scam too? Just now an issue? You haven't been keeping up. There's been actual evidence of UNC-Cheat's academic fraud for years.
I'm just saying it happens a LOT more than you think. UNC isn't the only case.

I'm just saying it happens a LOT more than you think. UNC isn't the only case.
How do you know what I think? If a school is busted for academic fraud they should be punished, as some already have. However, none coming close to the massive, systemic scam carried out over decades like the cheats who have yet to receive any justice.

Will somebody please explain to me how it is that we have an all-time losing record of 15 wins and 24 losses against these goofs? Is there any team other than UNC that we have a losing record against?
The way they've cheated for decades, I'm surprised we've done as well as we have. I've read your posts. You're a cheat fan, aren't you?

Edit: More likely you're a little brothel fan.

Last edited:
The piece on Outside the line where the commentator said the NCAA has to come down hard on UNCHeat or they will cease to exist was music to my ears, I just watched it yesterday and don't think it was an old show. Who ever the talking head was said Ole Roy is wrong , that since December the men's basketball team is front and center of this two decade long scandal !!! SO take that Ole Honest Roy daggummit !!

8 is > 6 but, 11is still > 8
I'm fully aware you are a UNC troll. You picked out the previously biggest cheat in history to make your point. If Wooden/Gilbert weren't enough Jim Harrick was beyond tainted as well.

Well Cheatum supporters have their own conceit about why the OP is wrong, but not for the reason you think.

My plane from Phoenix connected through Charlotte, and on that leg I was sitting next to a Tar Hole fan. I asked him if he had heard the interesting story about their first championship, meaning the two triple overtime games and how Michigan State blew a 2-point lead with 6 seconds to go in the second (I think) OT of the semifinal and a foul shot coming (remember, no shot clock then). His immediate response was "You mean 1924?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT