ADVERTISEMENT

UL NOA...later the better...

ulismyman

Senior
Jan 11, 2015
I hope they dont get NOA until right at beginning of season or into ACC play..longer this drags worse for recruiting and perception of program

Reactions: TopCatCal
do we actually know if they have received it or not?
they have 90 days to respond once they get it

OP - like the way you're thinking on this
Although, it wouldn't surprise me if they had already gotten it, or will in the next month or two

OP - like the way you're thinking on this
Although, it wouldn't surprise me if they had already gotten it, or will in the next month or two

There is a possibility that the info is hard to come by, after all RP had no idea that a member of his staff was having 'pole' parties and other activities in his basketball teams living quarters. wink, wink

There is a possibility that the info is hard to come by, after all RP had no idea that a member of his staff was having 'pole' parties and other activities in his basketball teams living quarters. wink, wink
Good to see ya @ColonelCat :)
And you have a good point, LOL

They are too busy trying to figure out how to exclude UNC men's programs to worry

Reactions: TM2013
Supposedly they have received it or have a good idea what to expect. Unfortunately they think the worst is behind them and they're going to skate. Pathetic that as horrific as what they done its basically going unpunished. The NCAA is a joke!

Supposedly they have received it or have a good idea what to expect. Unfortunately they think the worst is behind them and they're going to skate. Pathetic that as horrific as what they done its basically going unpunished. The NCAA is a joke!
The worst is behind. There is no way the NCAA puts any further sanctions on. We've sat out the tournament and reduced scholarships. For a matter such as this when UNC basically got nothing, there is no way there are any further sanctions.

So, based on an unsubstantiated rumor, you're complaining about a punishment that is yet to happen? Makes sense.

The worst may be behind them, but they will not skate free. Its just that they have already self imposed penalties. Will the NCAA see that as enough. We will see. But UL is not UNC or Duke. I don't expect another year of NCAA ban, but I do think there will be added penalties along with a suspension of some type for Rick.

UofL has not received its notice of allegations yet. UofL will not be able to cover up the fact that they have received one, because the NCAA notifies the press that they have sent the NoA at the same time that they send it to the school. Often, the school and the NCAA work together to issue a joint press release when an NoA is delivered.

UofL does have some idea of what to expect because they hired Chuck Smrt to lead their own internal investigation. Smrt is a former NCAA enforcement director.

The worst is behind. There is no way the NCAA puts any further sanctions on. We've sat out the tournament and reduced scholarships. For a matter such as this when UNC basically got nothing, there is no way there are any further sanctions.
Cheating low life bastards. It doesn't matter what the punishment is- that will always be the case.

Something else this does is kill UofL's chances at getting any 5th year transfers. This is something that Pitino & UofL has made a living on.

I thought it was a slam dunk case because they had three kids who ratted on them?

Seems awfully strange that Mango could have made it back if they made the tournament and now his return has once again been pushed back to November? Almost a year after a broken foot?

I would guess with his photo in the book all it will take is one person to confirm he was at the parties and a participant and he will endure eligibility issues going forward.

Reactions: brianpoe
It's so pathetic how the NCAA has dragged it's feet with one school(UNCheat) and basically let the other school choose it's punishment(OTIS, I doubt anything else will happen to either, but everyone in the college basketball world will always know what they did, can't erase that you cheating pos:chairshot::uzi::bomb::boom::fire:

They have another one this year I thought? Tony Hicks. I thought he was a grad transfer?
Yes, we do have a grad transfer coming in this year. I can't remember his name (Hicks sounds right but not sure). It's the guy from Penn or Penn State. But yes, we do have a grad transfer.

What you need to understand is UL is not one of the NCAA's favorite children.
In fact, they may smack you guys around even harder so they can save some face after letting UNC skate.
But if you think the worst is behind UL, you are in for a rude awakening. What happened is a lot more serious than what you guys are willing to believe.
Sorry to squirt you between the eyes with that.
Sorry, I had to do it.

I hope they dont get NOA until right at beginning of season or into ACC play..longer this drags worse for recruiting and perception of program
Wait, are you saying they weren't already sactioned? Hmm, by the looks of their recruiting since Pitino arrived I thought they already were. Muh bad.

Last edited:
I still look for something to be released Friday about 4:30. It's the Friday before a 3 day holiday weekend. No chance for talk show folks and blogs to make a noticeable big deal about it.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I still look for something to be released Friday about 4:30. It's the Friday before a 3 day holiday weekend. No chance for talk show folks and blogs to make a noticeable big deal about it.
You beat me to it. It's comical how they think nobody sees what they're trying to do when they do that.

Many of you are silly. UL is not going to keep the NCAA notice a secret. I agree they might want to have it released on a Friday. Pretty standard for this stuff. Either way it is public info and the NCAA releases it to the media at the same time. Besides UL wants it out. THe sooner it comes out the sooner they can close it out.
UL hired Smart to run the investigation with the NCAA. They shared interviews and UL knows what was found. There is no doubt violations occurred. UL is not going skate. So far UL has taken a 1 year ban form the NCAA tourney in a year they would have been a high seed. ( unlike other schools that sit out when they are bad) they have taken a 2 scholarship reduction and they also took on reduced recruiting time and recruit vists.

In the big picture that is quite a bit. UL may get a bit more I figure 50/50 they have Pitino sit some games but I don't expect another missed NCAA tourney. That is not that common. UL has been up front taken action much faster than most school which is what the NCAA wants. IF they hit UL really hard it really tells other schools to not work with them. Unless the NCAA notice contains a major surprise I expect UL to answer before the 90 days is up.

Pitino should get suspended 60% of the 2016-17 season IMO. Also they should seriously look at vacating the title. After all several members of that team where involved in sex parties paid for by an assistant coach, some of which were recruits who eventually chose Louisville and starred on the championship team (MEGA)

Prediction....UL is going to skate and they already know it, IMO. Pitino will get 5-6 games suspension and all is forgiven. Then Pitino will return as the white knight that knew nothing but is there to clean up. This kind of shit is made for him. He was the victim when Sypher pulled her stunt after railing her in public, paying for the abortion and having his coach marry her. He will be the victim again for this. Already is in many circles, especially the blind little sheep of a fanbase.

Whores and strippers in a UL dorm for 4 solid years and they let them punish themselves. As the Russian comedian says...what a country.

They will get their notice and we will know about it when Jurich decides the media needs to know about it.

Many of you are silly. UL is not going to keep the NCAA notice a secret. I agree they might want to have it released on a Friday. Pretty standard for this stuff. Either way it is public info and the NCAA releases it to the media at the same time. Besides UL wants it out. THe sooner it comes out the sooner they can close it out.
UL hired Smart to run the investigation with the NCAA. They shared interviews and UL knows what was found. There is no doubt violations occurred. UL is not going skate. So far UL has taken a 1 year ban form the NCAA tourney in a year they would have been a high seed. ( unlike other schools that sit out when they are bad) they have taken a 2 scholarship reduction and they also took on reduced recruiting time and recruit vists.

In the big picture that is quite a bit. UL may get a bit more I figure 50/50 they have Pitino sit some games but I don't expect another missed NCAA tourney. That is not that common. UL has been up front taken action much faster than most school which is what the NCAA wants. IF they hit UL really hard it really tells other schools to not work with them. Unless the NCAA notice contains a major surprise I expect UL to answer before the 90 days is up.

Mostly correct, but you are underestimating what else is to come. It won't be minor, but no, another NCAA ban is doubtful. The thing is, you're comparing to other situations that aren't on the same level as what happened at UofL. Yeah Syracuse had a guy who didn't really do his school work. They sat out a year for THAT Ok. No where near as severe as the UofL situation. There are no other instances where a freaking staff member paid for PROSTITUTES to sleep with players AND recruits, ON OFFICIAL VISITS, ON CAMPUS. IN. THE. DORM.

I'd guess if Pitino stays, he gets suspended quite a few games (he will make it seem like he is sacrificing for everyone else cause he's a psycho and a liar) and UofL loses more scholarships. Just letting UofL name their (already served) punishment is a joke. I also doubt the NCAA likes Pitino continuously talking about the case when they told him not to, but hey, that's the culture at UofL...do and say whatever you want.

It's pretty bad, you have broken major major rules. Cheating in recruiting AND cheating with current players. FOR SEVERAL YEARS. Consider yourselves fortunate you won't get another NCAA ban and won't have your 2013 title stripped, which it should be. If they don't take away your title, then give back the vacated NCAA tournament appearances for other schools that played players later found to be ineligible. Seems fair right? Either way, I find it hilarious that we're discussing UofL, NOT UK that has to worry about having a banner come down. Hell, you guys have been telling us for years all UK basketball does it cheat, etc. and the 2012 title wouldn't stand. Karma sucks. Looks like the tables turned. Funny, isn't it? It is to me.

UMM you are no longer a message board virgin
for the very first time, you actually posted a thread that had some value
congrats
now build off this

A lot of what you say is accurate but I think I was correct in my assessment that the worst is over. We sat out the tourney and cut scholarships. For what was done, what else can they do? Yes, Rick will likely see a suspension but that really is not a big deal because as Syracuse and the committee proved last year, they don't take into account what happens while the coach is suspended. If they had, Syracuse wouldn't have made the tourney. The chairman point blank said that they didn't penalize Syracuse while Bayheim was out. That's why I think there is nothing really left to be worried about.

A lot of what you say is accurate but I think I was correct in my assessment that the worst is over. We sat out the tourney and cut scholarships. For what was done, what else can they do? Yes, Rick will likely see a suspension but that really is not a big deal because as Syracuse and the committee proved last year, they don't take into account what happens while the coach is suspended. If they had, Syracuse wouldn't have made the tourney. The chairman point blank said that they didn't penalize Syracuse while Bayheim was out. That's why I think there is nothing really left to be worried about.

What else could they do? Well, for starters if they wanted to go by their own rules (games won with ineligible players have to be forfeited), you would be the first D1 bball team to have a title stripped/banner taken down. That's just the obvious one. They could also give UL an ultimatum to either get rid of Rick or lose a title (for example) due to the mountain of things that have happened under his watch. They could also give you another postseason ban, take away more scholarships, limit TV time, implement additional constraints on recruiting, and suspend Pitino any number of games.

So yes, there are still many things that COULD happen. Will they? Who knows with the NCAA. But to think that UL is out of the clear because you self-imposed a tourney ban late in the season (after talking two 5th years to transfer there on the promises of tourney glory) is very wrong.

What else could they do? Well, for starters if they wanted to go by their own rules (games won with ineligible players have to be forfeited), you would be the first D1 bball team to have a title stripped/banner taken down. That's just the obvious one. They could also give UL an ultimatum to either get rid of Rick or lose a title (for example) due to the mountain of things that have happened under his watch. They could also give you another postseason ban, take away more scholarships, limit TV time, implement additional constraints on recruiting, and suspend Pitino any number of games.

So yes, there are still many things that COULD happen. Will they? Who knows with the NCAA. But to think that UL is out of the clear because you self-imposed a tourney ban late in the season (after talking two 5th years to transfer there on the promises of tourney glory) is very wrong.
I think you're reaching. No way they take a title down. It doesn't happen plus I think you are playing up how serious this was way too far. I mean UNC was dealing with bogus classes for years and got nothing. That's a lot worse than a couple of strippers in bathing suits. No one has ever received two years of tournament ban in a row. This isn't going to happen now either. Yeah, I guess I could say a lot of things COULD happen. I mean they COULD give us the death penalty if you want to play that game. But being reasonable and looking at the facts, there is no way we get anything beyond what's already been imposed except for the fact that Rick might miss a few games and he likely will. In the end, you'll see that I am right on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT