ADVERTISEMENT

UKAA huge fail once again

Basil Cat

Blue Chip Prospect
May 25, 2021
We continue to prove we don’t know how to do big game atmosphere. Look I agree most blue / white outs tend to be lame. But, I have not seen ANYTHING that gets me fired up about tonight. Huge game , big opponent, ESPN prime time, and nothing but a reminder from UK that masks / costumes are not allowed.

I understand it falls on us, as fans to create atmosphere, but we need something to rally around. I know last week was a big disappointment, all the more reason to generate something form UK! Last year at Halloween weekend ut even remixed their sacred song for lowly UK . Hate to say, but it was one of the most incredible atmospheres I have ever seen. So be better UK!

I think some of the blame can go to the city of Lexington. They are lame and have a lot of stupid ordinances.

Reactions: Blouman
Well since this game would be a sellout in Knoxville and each section would be dressed in white then orange then white and the entire stands singing to the top of their voice, Rocky Top everytime UT scores that should tell UK how’s it done. Folks UK has no football tradition other than losing when they should win.

Let people wear costumes and masks. What’s the big deal??? Hell Russia allows it. Maybe if we all dressed up like Quakers then little B would allow it. Our atmosphere that’s “allowed” at sporting events is your basic khaki pants, white button down shirt and a sweater either wearing or tied around your neck. It is the nerdiest atmosphere by far in the league. So Kentucky

Almost every assembly place has a rule against full face or Halloween masks. If the complaints are more about the lack of trying to help the atmosphere then yes I agree, UK does the bare minimum to get the fans involved. The whining about Halloween masks though is ridiculous cause you probably won’t see it anywhere in CFB this weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
We continue to prove we don’t know how to do big game atmosphere. Look I agree most blue / white outs tend to be lame. But, I have not seen ANYTHING that gets me fired up about tonight. Huge game , big opponent, ESPN prime time, and nothing but a reminder from UK that masks / costumes are not allowed.

I understand it falls on us, as fans to create atmosphere, but we need something to rally around. I know last week was a big disappointment, all the more reason to generate something form UK! Last year at Halloween weekend ut even remixed their sacred song for lowly UK . Hate to say, but it was one of the most incredible atmospheres I have ever seen. So be better UK!

That kind of marketing more than once or twice a season must somehow affect the basketball budget, or they'd actually live up to the SEC billing for all home games.

So funny that people on here want to compare our program to UT and UF, Bama and UGA, but don't even rival Columbia SC for their home game atmosphere against SEC opponents. UT, A&M, and the 2 coming in next year will make our game day atmosphere take another wrung down the ladder by comparison. The athletics office still continues to fail the football program on a few levels every year

Almost every assembly place has a rule against full face or Halloween masks. If the complaints are more about the lack of trying to help the atmosphere then yes I agree, UK does the bare minimum to get the fans involved. The whining about Halloween masks though is ridiculous cause you probably won’t see it anywhere in CFB this weekend.
I’ve watched 3 games today. Have seen a slew of costumes, mask etc. my point is the fan experience in general, the disallowance of fun has come to be expected

Reactions: RunninRichie
Currently in the scrum for the Cat Walk. Decent turnout I guess, but what struck me is walking over here from the Orange Lot is there are still a good number of open parking spaces so close to KO. I truly hope the UK faithful bring the energy tonight.

Reactions: Doodah859
Let people wear costumes and masks. What’s the big deal??? Hell Russia allows it. Maybe if we all dressed up like Quakers then little B would allow it. Our atmosphere that’s “allowed” at sporting events is your basic khaki pants, white button down shirt and a sweater either wearing or tied around your neck. It is the nerdiest atmosphere by far in the league. So Kentucky
That’s not the gear where I tailgate or wear I sit.

You must be thinking of Ole Miss or Bama or Auburn?

🙄

Reactions: gojvc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT