ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs. WKU-Stoops first game

The person that dropped it repaid me. But I do appreciate your concern for one that passed far before its time.

He might have reimbursed you but that was the game where you really needed it.

This is full of errors. New, Goodner, and Major were not on Brooks staff. Steve Brown.

Dude, you missed the point by a mile and then some. What I said was that that UK has changed Defensive coordinators every two years or so for as long as I can remember, yet the defensive performance never change. Said nothing about them all being on Brooks staff. Geez . . .

Dude, you missed the point by a mile and then some. What I said was that that UK has changed Defensive coordinators every two years or so for as long as I can remember, yet the defensive performance never change. Said nothing about them all being on Brooks staff. Geez . . .
Yeah I went back and read your post and now understand what you meant. My bad! Apologies Tskware I need to be more careful when reading posts.

Reactions: jauk11
Why are we choosing to live this out again?

I'd like to forget when we couldn't beat Sun Belt teams.

Yeah I went back and read your post and now understand what you meant. My bad! Apologies Tskware I need to be more careful when reading posts.

No big deal, I am wrong more than 2/3 of the time, you can ask my wife for confirmation. :smiley:

Reactions: Levibooty
Woke up in the middle of the night earlier this week and couldn't sleep. Some how filtering through youtube I came across this game and decided to watch it from start to finish.

Unreal how GD awful the talent was at that moment. I can't even imagine the frustration Stoops had that year with the hand he was dealt.

Looking back it probably was a hell of a coaching job to win 5 games each of the next two years.

Amazing how much we have upgraded talent.
I was at that game and it was sickening. I'm not sure talent was the problem. Stoops and the team stunk. UK should not have given WKU a home game in Nashville.

Talent? LOL, we were out schemed all game, most of it was self inflicted. Never adjusted to the unbalanced line and played soft coverage while they were dinking and dunking on us.

Twas another low point in UK football. Much happier times now thanks mostly to coach Stoops and staff. I'm very optimistic about up coming season!

Stoops was and should have been out coached by a veteran coach, but please don't act like UK had equal or better talent. I was on the sidelines and could literally see the difference.

Like others of you, I was sitting at that game and it was a HOT, HOT day.

My most vivid memory of the game actually occurred pre-game. (Nothing worth remembering about the actual game ;-) I clearly remember purchasing the program and going through to look at UK players. I pointed out to my wife that most of the UK player's other scholarship offers came from OVC and MAC teams.

I liked Joker and wanted to see him succeed. (I honestly thought he would keep program heading in the right direction.)

Unfortunately, he left the program in shambles. Things have changed drastically since that hot and unpleasant day.

Reactions: DACats86
Woke up in the middle of the night earlier this week and couldn't sleep. Some how filtering through youtube I came across this game and decided to watch it from start to finish.

Unreal how GD awful the talent was at that moment. I can't even imagine the frustration Stoops had that year with the hand he was dealt.

Looking back it probably was a hell of a coaching job to win 5 games each of the next two years.

Amazing how much we have upgraded talent.
Remember Jokers last year when the South Carolina defensive end made the remark that we had named our head coach correctly because he was in fact a joke. Also when Mitch finally pulled the trigger on Joker I remember him telling Alan Cutler that Ky was just a year away from winning big? WE had mid level OVC talent.

Reactions: Crankdatmustard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT