ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Florida.... ( Game 2 )

Wow. hard to fault the coach, as he ended up looking like a genius last night after Hjelle got off to a slow start but Logue is just awful right now. Can't get anyone out, literally cannot get an out.

I just don't get this. We're trying to win an SEC title. No reason to trust Logue after his performance lately, why let your team get down 6 runs and still no trigger.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
This game is now TOTALLY on Ming and Belanger...Logue should never have been run out there in the first place and then they let them get us in a hole we probably won't be able to dig out of:uzi::thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Possibly saving the pen for tomorrow. A win tomorrow will get done what we went there to do. I don't think we can pitch Logue in the post season outside of the 1/4 match up and I'm not sure I trust him to pitch that.

We may need a sweep to win the SEC. Saving the bullpen would be a terrible idea. Just beating Florida may not be enough.

Wow. hard to fault the coach, as he ended up looking like a genius last night after Hjelle got off to a slow start but Logue is just awful right now. Can't get anyone out, literally cannot get an out.
Please don't mention the two if the same breath...Thompson should have replaced Logue in the rotation over a month ago!

Please don't mention the two if the same breath...Thompson should have replaced Logue in the rotation over a month ago!

not saying that I think this was the right call, just saying that last night Ming stuck with a struggling pitcher and it paid off.

Obviously, Logue has not earned the same level of Trust that Hjelle has, so I think he should have been pulled when we were down just 3 or 4 runs.

not saying that I think this was the right call, just saying that last night Ming stuck with a struggling pitcher and it paid off.

Obviously, Logue has not earned the same level of Trust that Hjelle has, so I think he should have been pulled when we were down just 3 or 4 runs.
Wasn't anywhere near this bad.

Wow, Maley pitching now, he who never pitches unless we're way ahead in the 8th and 9th inning. Just a really odd game to throw away. How often does UK get a chance to win a title in baseball? Crazy.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I'll never understand this as long as I live. Now just giving up. Maley can't get anyone out, now 7-0 UF.

Practicing for next year,like the announcers keep saying we're new to this situation!

Practicing for next year,like the announcers keep saying we're new to this situation!

We were new to it last night and we rocked them. Not so new to fail to understand that you can't let your starter give up 6 runs before the third.

Minge gets tossed, this is purely to fire up the team. He is fighting for his team, I love it. I also guarantee he never used a curse or swear word !

I was being sarcastic about the announcers, just wrong pitcher for tonight's game. Left Salow in too long.

I can't stand watching this guy pitch. He has looked completely incapable of throwing a strike sense his first pitch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT