ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Ball state Sunday game...

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
No score after 1 full inning. Andrew Nelson on the mound for the Cats today, evidently Kyle Cody unable to go today.

^^^^ UKathletics.com, click on speaker out from UKvs Ball State, or game tracker link.
UK gets 2 runs in the 2nd, courtesy of 2 hits and 2 stolen bases. Bernal steals 2nd, Harrison drives him in via a single, he then steals 2nd, and Shelby doubles him in. Harrison now 5 for 6 hitting on the season !

Cats get 3 more in bottom of 3rd, Hairston another rbi single, now 6 for 7 on the season. Wow ! Cats lead 5-0 going to the 4th.

Anyone know why Cody couldn't go today?

Also, has Reida lost his job at short stop or did he get injured? He hasn't played since last Sunday.

Hairston also getting the start today over Ka'ai Tom. Hairston was hitting .800 coming into the game and is 2 for 2 so far. That is one great problem to have. Two left fielders that are extremely hot at that plate definitely can't hurt. Before today our outfielders are hitting .439, .362, .333, and .800. Pretty amazing.

WOW...16-2 bottom of the 7th and still batting...Don't know how this will translate over to the conference , but these guys are sure putting up a lot of runs...win or lose...

Originally posted by CloverforkCat:
Cats get 5 runs in the 6th and get 9 runs in the 7th. Lead 21-2 going to the top of the 8th !
Wow! It's a shame they gave up those runs in the 9th on Friday! A sweep would have been nice!

Not sure how it will translate to the SEC, but it has to be a good sign. If nothing else it should help to give us confidence going into the hard SEC slate. Unfortunately we don't really ease into the SEC. We get Alabama first and then take on undefeated South Carolina (3) followed by Vanderbilt (6). We also get Indiana coming up this week. So, we should get some good measuring sticks pretty soon. I think a big deal will be how they play against South Carolina. LSU killed our confidence last year... USC could do the same this year. If we compete against them then we should have a very good sign.

Personally, I have to imagine our hitting will continue to be pretty solid. After all, we are hitting the ball and not just taking advantage of a lot of errors or walks. We are just hitting it well. 21 hits so far today. Everyone that has played today, if I am not mistaken, has gotten a hit except for Storm Wilson who technically hasn't recorded an at bat but has scored 3 runs.

UK has now put up 24 runs in the last two games. Pretty damn impressive. 26 in this one.

UK 26 Ball State 3 final from the Cliff. Cats out score BSU 50-4 the last 2 days, has to be a school record for runs in back to back games UK hits the road next to Bloomington to face IU.

This post was edited on 3/9 9:33 PM by CloverforkCat

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
Also, has Reida lost his job at short stop or did he get injured? He hasn't played since last Sunday.
Listened to a bit of the Cincinnati game on the radio this week, and Dick Gabriel indicated that Reida had turned an ankle in pre-game. I did not hear any info as to how long he is expected to be out of action.

Originally posted by DubyaT:
Listened to a bit of the Cincinnati game on the radio this week, and Dick Gabriel indicated that Reida had turned an ankle in pre-game. I did not hear any info as to how long he is expected to be out of action.
Okay. Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard anything, but I haven't been able to listen to a ton of the games.

Originally posted by DubyaT:
Okay. Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard anything, but I haven't been able to listen to a ton of the games.
Actually they first thought he had rolled his ankle, turns out it's his back. That could take longer to heal.

I am assuming the JaVon Shelby is another of old man Shelby's boys
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by sluggercatfan:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
Yep, he is the youngest son of John 'T-bone' Shelby, and brother of former UK star John Shelby II. His dad has 2 world series rings, 1 from the '83 Orioles, and 1 from the '88 Dodgers.

Originally posted by CloverforkCat:

Originally posted by sluggercatfan:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
Yep, he is the youngest son of John 'T-bone' Shelby, and brother of former UK star John Shelby II. His dad has 2 world series rings, 1 from the '83 Orioles, and 1 from the '88 Dodgers.
There's another Shelby, Jaren, who's a Soph and plays at Tates Creek right now. My son has played against his teams in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT