ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs A&M gm. 3 Sunday......

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
Cats go for the sweep at 1:05 edt. Junior rhp Andrew Nelson 1-3 versus A&M soph. righty Grayson Long 4-1. The game is under SEC curfew rules, no inning can start after 4:00 pm due to UK commercial flight back home.
A sweep would be huge, but regardless, we have won the series on the road. We need every win possible to enhance our SEC tourney seed, and help our NCAA tourney resume, with maybe hosting a regional.
Right now we stand at 26-13 overall, and 9-8 in the SEC, a good SOS and an excellent RPI really favor the Cats at this time.

If not for the horrible 9th and 10th innings against Ala. and losing the series to Missouri this team could be in great shape right now...We have beaten a bunch of ranked teams and several in the top ten...Hope they keep it going

Reed with a 2-out solo shot in the top of the first. UK up 1-0.

A&M has a man on first with 2 outs in the bottom of the first.

And just like that, A&M gets three straights 2-out hits and game is tied at 1 with runners on 1st and 2nd.

the wheels have completely fallen off in the bottom of the first. 3-run Homerun, all with 2 outs. Terrible.

5-1 A&M.

I've been pretty busy with Easter services this weekend so I don't have any idea about why Cousino is out. Is there a good reason?

Cousino is sick. Not sure exactly what kind of illness.

UK now down 7-1 in the 5th. Nelson has been terrible today, not sure why Hendo didn't recognize this and pull him by now, but he's still in.

Aggies up now 11-2 in the 7th, I believe we have some pitchers who are better suited for mid-week games, not ready for prime time.

What is the word on Chandler Shephard's injury? Any chance he is back on the mound soon?

FINAL score Texas A&M 14 Cats 2. That was a donkey trompin, but we did win the series, and that is what counts. UK now is 26-14 on the season, and drops to 9-9 in SEC play. We went 3-1 on the road trip, winning at UofL, and taking 2 of 3 from A&M.
Regarding the question about Chandler Shepherd, he had an arm laceration, so hopefully he will be back pretty soon, we need him back very much IMO.

Any idea if Chandler Shepherd is due back next weekend, Nelson needs to be moved to mid-week role.

Originally posted by Gabewcat:
Any idea if Chandler Shepherd is due back next weekend, Nelson needs to be moved to mid-week role.
I am not sure that Shep would even take the place of Nelson if he returns. Nelson was in the Sunday role because of Cody's injury. So, if Shep recovers he may head back to the Saturday role while Dwyer heads back to the mid-week. Personally, I would love to see Cody back on Sunday, but I feel that Henderson is getting comfortable with him as our closer. That is fine, but also seems like a waste of an arm if he is healthy and can throw 5-6 innings. Nonetheless, this is somewhat of a good problem to have as later in the season we may need a lot of starting arms to make a deep run in the post season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT