ADVERTISEMENT

UK v Lipscomb (Sweep Edition)

I'm just getting to watch this on replay. Went with my son's family to the Gymnastics meet.

Right now, we are in the bottom half of the league in batting average and fielding and the upper half in ERA. We have no one at the top of the league in hitting or pitching. In fact, we don't touch the list in any of the other categories. I would say that our SOS is in the lower half of the league. We have a lot of work ahead to make any noise in the SEC and postseason isn't a given. However, I looked at the schedules of the other SEC teams and was surprised how few big games the other teams have played, let alone won. Does anyone else have an opinion on where we fit in the scheme of things.

Right now, we are in the bottom half of the league in batting average and fielding and the upper half in ERA. We have no one at the top of the league in hitting or pitching. In fact, we don't touch the list in any of the other categories. I would say that our SOS is in the lower half of the league. We have a lot of work ahead to make any noise in the SEC and postseason isn't a given. However, I looked at the schedules of the other SEC teams and was surprised how few big games the other teams have played, let alone won. Does anyone else have an opinion on where we fit in the scheme of things.

SOS is actually very high. Our RPI is like 10th because of the SOS. We've not played upper end teams like some other SEC teams, but we've also not played horrible teams like they have. For instance, LSU has played 9 Q4 games. UK has played 3, and that was this weekend against Lipscomb.

Reactions: backinky2018
Depending on what RPI you look at, UK's SOS is anywhere from 55-65. Auburn, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miss. State, Missouri (And I think A&M) all have played schedules 190 or below, in most cases closer to 300 than 200. You can pretty much bank on UK's going up after Kennesaw this weekend too, as they are in the top 25 SOS and have a road win at Clemson. No, there haven't been a lot of sexy names but that doesn't mean they're scrubs either. Both Upstate and Lipscomb are their league favorites and Texas State just beat Texas.

SOS is actually very high. Our RPI is like 10th because of the SOS. We've not played upper end teams like some other SEC teams, but we've also not played horrible teams like they have. For instance, LSU has played 9 Q4 games. UK has played 3, and that was this weekend against Lipscomb.
This. Say what you will about Ming, but he is an expert when it comes to scheduling. He masterfully put together a schedule last year that yielded a top 5 RPI and a host spot.

Kennesaw state is a quad 1 team coming in here this weekend that beat Clemson 18-2 (and played them close in two subsequent losses). That series will help RPI. Avoid bad midweek losses, and our RPI will be high all season long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT