ADVERTISEMENT

UK-UofL Game Chat

Is Collett hurt?

Haven't heard anything to indicate that he is injured. He's pinch hit in every game he's been out, so it would see like he is still available to hit. I think they are just playing some matchups with him, and I guess he's struggled a bit lately. Still, seems crazy to take a guy with 9 home runs out of the lineup. Then again, there have been a lot of instances where the decisions have seemed crazy.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
12 free bases for UK in this game. That is always nice. Probably won't get that big of an advantage when we make the road trip in this series.

‪End of 6: #Kentucky 8, Louisville 4. Cats leave ‘em loaded in the 6th. They’re 2-for-7 with bases loaded today, otherwise could have a really big lead. ‬

‪End of 6: #Kentucky 8, Louisville 4. Cats leave ‘em loaded in the 6th. They’re 2-for-7 with bases loaded today, otherwise could have a really big lead. ‬

You have an idea what our batting average with the bases loaded is? It has to be pretty dang poor. I know Collett is like 2 for 8 all by himself this season.

‪T7 - #Kentucky 8, Louisville 5. Cats boot infield grounder to allow another UofL run to score. That’s 4 Es today for UK, 7 between the two teams. ‬

Apparently we're trying to show up one another on who can play the worst baseball and still win this thing.

Dawson hasn’t exactly been stellar at the plate leaving six on the bags his last two at bats. I think you have TJ hit for him in the last inning.

You could possibly do that, but you'd have to mess around with the defense some. You'd have to move ARod to SS and Heyer to third. Then you'd have to take down Collett and put in Shinn to hit 9th.

‪Cats begin 8th inning with error No. 5. Shortstop comes across into second base area and wipes out second baseman on routine pop-up. You get the sense UK has been playing with fire today. ‬

Machamer has to be thinking WTF. Should have been a one pitch out and puts a lead off guy on second instead.

UK is REALLY playing with fire today. This could be a ten-run lead, but instead we're giving out free bases left and right. Just atrocious.

‪Machamer gets a big punchout to escape the 8th without damage. Cats maintain 8-5 lead coming to bat for what they hope is the final time tonight. ‬

Great stuff from Mach tonight, good to see him playing well again after a few shaky outings earlier. Bailed out his teammates after the error, and we escape with no damage. The way this game is going, I'm hoping for some insurance in the bottom of the 8th.

Great stuff from Mach tonight, good to see him playing well again after a few shaky outings earlier. Bailed out his teammates after the error, and we escape with no damage. The way this game is going, I'm hoping for some insurance in the bottom of the 8th.

I really don't like him going this long though. It's working so far, but I'd rather limit him to one or two innings most.

‪Machamer gets a big punchout to escape the 8th without damage. Cats maintain 8-5 lead coming to bat for what they hope is the final time tonight. ‬

Got to play much better than that all around if we want to keep winning.

Any win over the turds is a good win. It was more of a survival tonight, but we'll take it. Get well over the next few days, we need a big weekend.

I wish Mingione would give us an idea ,what’s the cause of this slump in play. Very uncharacteristic of his coaching. Concentration seems to ebb, in an out, mostly out. Concerning, still got faith in Ming getting straightened out of poor execution at plate and field!

I wish Mingione would give us an idea ,what’s the cause of this slump in play. Very uncharacteristic of his coaching. Concentration seems to ebb, in an out, mostly out. Concerning, still got faith in Ming getting straightened out of poor execution at plate and field!
Agreed. Hard to argue with a big win over your ranked rival, but this could have been a 15-3 game.

It's a long season and I"m sure that we get too high or low as we enjoy the ride, but the last few weeks have been flat-out odd. I had so much faith in Ming as a tactician and a guy who presses all of the right buttons. He has had a rough few weeks though (leaving Haake in with 114 pitches and 3 walks in the inning on saturday was one of the worst errors in judgment i've ever seen and other weird calls like today's call to try and steal home with bases loaded).

Ming has earned benefit of doubt after last year, but I have some concerns this year.

Any win in this game is a good win. Machamer was great. Let's get 2 against SC and get this season back on track

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT