ADVERTISEMENT

UK @ UL

Catcher Devin Burkes injured running bases, replaced by Fawley. Lafferty gave up 2 solo home runs in the bottom of the 1st, UK 1, UL 2

Wakka!

Two run bomb.

Love Lopez’s stash: brings back memories of Catfish Hunter!! [Actually Rollie Fingers, but I call for some credit knowing two of the A’s 1972 rotation!!].

Last edited:
Wakka!

Two run bomb.

Love Lopez’s stash: brings back memories of Catfish Hunter!! [Actually Rollie Fingers, but I call for some credit knowing two of the A’s 1972 rotation!!].
I love how the ACC announcers got into a detailed discussion about what kind of "product" he uses on it.

Re: burkes, if someone hears the diagnosis, please post it here. Obviously, he has aa hammy issue of some sort but can't telll if serious or not.

Yes, 10 run lead after 7 is mercy rule. Not that it matters, b/c we're putting in our worst relievers determined to make it close. Frieda was horrible. Now up 17-10 still only one out in the 6th and two men in scoring position for UL. O'Brien coming in for relief.

Yes, 10 run lead after 7 is mercy rule. Not that it matters, b/c we're putting in our worst relievers determined to make it close. Frieda was horrible. Now up 17-10 still only one out in the 6th and two men in scoring position for UL. O'Brien coming in for relief.
UL pitchers aren't exactly setting the world on fire either. Of course, it is a non-conference game and both teams want to save the best arms for the weekend.

UL pitchers aren't exactly setting the world on fire either. Of course, it is a non-conference game and both teams want to save the best arms for the weekend.
Yes, agreed, though our midweek pitching has generally been decent (evidenced by the fact that we've only lost one midweek game). We had to use a Bunch of arms (including some that you'll see this weekend like Byers and Robinson and Hummel), but none of those weekend regulars threw too many pitches so should be available this weekend against UT.

That was an adventure, but it's a road win in a place we haven't won much lately. A 10 run win would have been fun, but it was still great to see our bats alive for much of the night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT