ADVERTISEMENT

UK @ South Carolina - Game 1

Chasing Lee with two straight walks in the 6th. USC bringing in one of the bottom of their bullpen. Looks like they are conceding this one and saving their long relievers and closers. Can't say I blame them.

UK beating the ever-loving s*it out of South Carolina. 11-0 (and counting) in the 6th inning. Batting practice right now.

Two straight singles on the new reliever Graham. How long will he last? That's 2 more runs. Then we score a run on a FC but Marshall hits into a DP.

Is this South Carolina's version of rope-a-dope? They trying to wear out our hitters?

I don't care if South Carolina is good, decent, or poor (by their standards), this is an impressive result going on the road in the SEC.

We've grounded into at least 3 double plays and despite that we have 11 freaking runs. :eyes:

USC takes out Tolbert this early. Are they resting their hitters, hoping to salvage the next two games? Seems like it to me.

20 pitches for Hjelle in the bottom of the 6th puts him at 85 for the night.

USC takes out Tolbert this early. Are they resting their hitters, hoping to salvage the next two games? Seems like it to me.
Maybe they are subscribing to the idea that there are only so many runs in a weekend.

Heady is the most dangerous 9 hole hitter in the country. No doubt in my mind! Another home run!! Is that 6 or 7?

Now we are wacking Graham again. A Heady HR and a Pompey single to start the 7th, followed by a single by White scoring another run. Pitcher #4 is Sawyer bridges who has a 10.12 ERA. This ought to be good.

Good lord them Cats can lay the...well, I'd say lumber, but that's obviously not technically correct.

Heady is the most dangerous 9 hole hitter in the country. No doubt in my mind! Another home run!! Is that 6 or 7?

7. Power and great patience. Basically another lead off hitter which is perfect in that spot.

Pompey and White continue the hitting.

I love this team- from top to bottom

Reactions: parrott
Ran another pitcher. This has to be demoralizing.
Looks like they are using the bottom of their bullpen just hoping to get by. A 3 run HR by Becker says they may not be getting by. They are getting something though. 16-0 Let's beat UNC****'s beatdown of them.

That is one quiet crowd. Did they all leave? I'm listening on the radio.

4th double play and we are up 16-0. We are batting .500 so far this game.

USC better be happy we called off the dogs and just made wholesale changes. Gei to catch, Gunner to 1st, Wilson to center, Lewis to second and Brad S. in to pitch.

Schaenzer not nearly as effective. gives up a lead-off double but gets a fly out.

South Carolina has found a way to shut down our offense, have Mingione sub them all out.

Schaenzer getting hit pretty good. We've given two different batters for South Carolina their first hits of the season. Strange stat that one.

Becker gets another HR 18-0. Can we beat the 20 that UNC**** put on them

This team looks as good as any in the country. Bullpen's the weakness (not that it's really that weak); let's hope the starters continue being lights-out.

19-1 Storm Wilson gets a double. We ended up batting .454 for the game (provided USC doesn't tie it up in the bottom of the 9th).

We get a double play starting from Marshall to Lewis to McNeil. One more out!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT