ADVERTISEMENT

UK opens as a pretty big favorite over Miami

Figure that will get some action for Miami and come down to around 3.5 or 4 by tip.

Is Cal not coaching?

That spread will come down.

Yz0uG4.gif

I haven’t watched Miami at all this year, for those who have- how do we match up? Will not having a big be an issue, or will it be a guards game? I am glad this one is in Rupp, hope it’s rocking tomorrow night.

That is about right. Home court is worth 4 points so they are saying on a neutral site it would be UK by 2.5 and Miami would be favored by 1.5 at home.

I haven’t watched Miami at all this year, for those who have- how do we match up? Will not having a big be an issue, or will it be a guards game? I am glad this one is in Rupp, hope it’s rocking tomorrow night.
Very solid all around team. 5 guys average 12 or more per game, 4 guys at 16+. Minimal scoring from anyone other than their top 5. Not a big team at all. Tallest guy that gets significant minutes is 6'9

They shoot and make a lot of 3s - 46% for the season, 11 threes made per game. That's my biggest concern as our 3 point defense has been bad.

Home court is 2.5 pts alone, so the neutral court spread would be 4.

Most the metrics favor us as well. We are the superior team no matter how you slice it. I believe the results will speak for themself.
I thin Kentucky can win and maybe should win, I just thought the bettors would value miamis experience more than our home court for some reason

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Miami's starting lineup goes

6ft 7
6ft 5
6ft 7
6ft 2
6ft

Their tallest player is 6ft 10 and he plays roughly 7 minutes per game. The other "big" is 6ft 9 AJ Casey who plays roughly 13 minutes. They are very similar to our Wildcats. UK according to Kenpom is a slightly better offensive and defensive team and Kentucky plays a tad faster.

Miami has taken 118 shots from 3 while making 54 of them. Kentucky, in 1 more game, has taken 174 shots from 3 while having made 174. Miami is taking a little less than 20 free throws per game which is about 2 more than our Wildcats take.

For those of us (or just me lol) here who don't know how betting works, or what the "spread", can someone please explain to me what is going on? What does -2.5 and -6.5 mean?

I hate how they release the spread day before the game but always wait till game day to release the moneyline

Also, I like UK -4.5, and I'm strongly leaning the under at 164.5. I just don't see both teams getting into the 80s. I predict a 84-75 type of game, but if either team is cold from 3, I can see both teams in the 70s.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Also, I like UK -4.5, and I'm strongly leaning the under at 164.5. I just don't see both teams getting into the 80s. I predict a 84-75 type of game, but if either team is cold from 3, I can see both teams in the 70s.
over seen more likely, wouldn't surprise me to see both teams in high 80s low 90s. Then there is a chance of ot

I'm strongly leaning the under at 164.5. I just don't see both teams getting into the 80s. I predict a 84-75 type of game, but if either team is cold from 3, I can see both teams in the 70s.

over seen more likely, wouldn't surprise me to see both teams in high 80s low 90s. Then there is a chance of ot

Somewhere, a bookmaker is smiling.

For those of us (or just me lol) here who don't know how betting works, or what the "spread", can someone please explain to me what is going on? What does -2.5 and -6.5 mean?
Here's something from the web that may help: (read the whole thing here)

The spread, also referred to as the line, is used to even the odds between two unevenly matched teams.

Bookmakers set a spread with the hopes of getting equal action on both sides of a game. For example, the Colts are a -3 point favorite against the Texans. The -3 points is the spread. If you want to bet the Colts on the spread, it would mean the Colts need to win by at least three points for you to win the bet. If the Colts win by two points, you would lose the bet because they didn't hit the key number of three.

ACC fan here. Miami is always very physical and well coached. They have multiple guys that can shoot very well and they also have several guys who can spread the floor and drive to the hoop. The most similar team style wise from the SEC I have seen is Tennessee.

One aspect to watch is halftime adjustments. I think their coach is one of the best coaches at making adjustments during the game.

They struggle when the whistle is tight, and when they lose a dominate performance from an opposing big man is often the cause as they rely on a lot of rough and tumble inside play to negate their opponents and it sometimes catches up to them in the form of foul trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT