ADVERTISEMENT

UK only team in history to win 3 games in a week and drop in the polls?

Wow

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/

:flush:

This is one of the reasons I have no mercy on anyone when they play UK.
The Anti UK conspiracy is real and its alive and well.

Listen, I don't care that we didn't move up but good lord, do we have to win 7 games a week to stay put?

Stayed the same in AP poll. It might of dropped 1 spot in coaches poll cuz Oregon picked up a quality win and is still undefeated

Wow

Listen, I don't care that we didn't move up but do we have to win 7 games a week to stay put?
No one pays attention to the coaches poll anymore. They stayed put at 9 in the AP.

There was one year where Notre Dame kept raising or holding steady in the polls despite losing 6 of 9 games. It was crazy. I think it was during the Harangody years.

I've always thought of this phenomenon as the UK effect.....

Reactions: BBUK
Wow

Listen, I don't care that we didn't move up but do we have to win 7 games a week to stay put?

Very sad. I guess this means we are out of the playoff picture? Oh wait! This is basketball!! Polls really don't matter in bball. I'm not sad now.

Reactions: catben
meh, I don't really care too much, and don't really think this is a good bit of evidence if you want to make "there's a bias against UK argument."

Are we really one of the top 10 teams in the country? Likely not. Cal is breaking them down to build them up the right way. They are learning on the fly. probably not one of the best teams in early/mid November. I don't care about that. I care about being better in December and January and February, and being one of the best in March. And he usually delivers on that. It's a formula that he's got pretty well down.

I still haven’t figured out how Michigan State remains so high. We both have one loss. And we beat them. Doesn’t logic say we should be ranked ahead of them??

I still haven’t figured out how Michigan State remains so high. We both have one loss. And we beat them. Doesn’t logic say we should be ranked ahead of them??
They played us close and played better since.

good lord, this to the 10th power. If a team below gets a quality win while the team above plays and beats low majors it makes sense that the team below would raise above the team in a poll. Some people just want to complain and say “conspiracy” about something that has literally happened to other teams every single year

You guys it’s just a “conspiracy theory!” There’s no bias against UK. That’s what posters here say.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Wow

"Three wins in a week" impresses nobody when those were home games against Utah Valley, Mount. St. Mary's and Lamar, with us struggling to get past Utah Valley.

Anyone who thinks dropping only one spot in only one poll in a week when we played nobody is proof that "the anti-UK conspiracy is real" may have a paranoid personality disorder.

Last edited:
The media is all agenda driven these days. Might as well ignore it all. That being said, You can’t lose to Evansville and struggle against cupcakes and expect anyone to be impressed. Hell, UKs own fans haven’t even been impressed.

Reactions: kyjeff1
With games against Ohio State, TT and #2 UL coming up UK can write its own ticket.

This. You have to beat someone who matters to hold your spot or move up in the polls. The sort of "glorified exhibition games" we've been playing recently never help and can often hurt you in the rankings.

But these rankings are irrelevant anyways, so who cares?

Last edited:
Meh
Doesn’t bother me really. As most have said you cannot lose at home, to Evansville, and expect to be ranked any higher.

I actually prefer a lower ranking this time of year

We will be fine. Could care less about ranking right now. Just keep winning and we will be fine.

To me if the you have one loss, the head to head matchup proves you are the better team

So you believe Evansville deserved to be ranked higher than Kentucky in last week's poll?

There’s no bias against UK. That’s what posters here say.
Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. To be sure, there are folks who see conspiracies everywhere - everyone hates UK, every media member, every media entity, every referee, whatever. All of that is paranoia. But, also just as surely, there are folks who genuinely hate Kentucky. 3 reasons I can think of:

1. Kentucky has always been viewed negatively. Perceptions of cheating, and more importantly to the kind of crowd that goes into journalism, perceptions of racism. Does it matter that all of that is now decades old, and some of it unwarranted anyway? Nope.
2. Calipari is a lightning rod, and there is a healthy contingent of people in the press - and in the coaching fraternity - who simply don't like him.
3. BBN is viewed (in the words of Bob Ryan of the Boston Globe) - "Exhibit A for excessive behavior".

Simply put, there is a real animus towards Kentucky on the part of various people. Duke is the only other team I can think of that enjoys that kind of hatred.

We WERE ranked ahead of them. Have you been living under a rock?

We took over the #1 spot AFTER we beat them, but something happened since then that caused us to drop to 9 and MSU to remain at 3.

Do you know what that "something" might be? I do.

You haven’t figured it out? You really haven’t?

Polls in November mean NOTHING!!! Who cares where we are right now? If the Evansville loss and dropping in the polls makes our team better, then keep rating UK low!!

Basketball losses early can be a HUGE motivation tool, especially for Cal's extremely young teams.

You haven’t figured it out? You really haven’t?

I don’t care if they were ranked a head or below us. At the time we both had one loss. If you are comparing 2 one loss teams. To me it proves we are the better team. Because that one loss was to us on a neutral floor. Losing to Evansville doesn’t become part of the equation

I don’t care if they were ranked a head or below us. At the time we both had one loss. If you are comparing 2 one loss teams. To me it proves we are the better team. Because that one loss was to us on a neutral floor. Losing to Evansville doesn’t become part of the equation

Unfortunately for you, you’re very wrong. Losing to Evansville is very much part of the equation.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and KFuqua
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT