ADVERTISEMENT

"UK is my dream school" modern (post-BCG Era) list of players who didn't choose Kentucky.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Help me out.

Trae Young
Jeremiah Fears
Darryn Peterson
Jalen Johnson
Jaden McDaniels
Jaden Hardy
Miles Bridges
Markel Fultz
Ian Jackson

Who am I missing?

With Johnson committing today, it just seemed like UK was where he truly wanted to be. This was a huge commitment and worthy of a hat tip to the coaching staff.

That said, throughout this entire recruitment, I'm glad Jasper never used the term "dream school" in affiliation with Kentucky.

Last edited:
Feign interest for arguably the top recruiter of the last 20 years, at arguably one of the top basketball schools ever, to increase leverage against other coaches and schools you are actually interested in. This ain't rocket science.

He didn't share the fast food.
hungry fat bastard GIF

There was a white kid who starred at NC State under Valvano....Vinny Something I think. In a Sports Illustrated article his mom said his bedroom was basically a shrine to Kyle Macy. Think he was All ACC.

There was a white kid who starred at NC State under Valvano....Vinny Something I think. In a Sports Illustrated article his mom said his bedroom was basically a shrine to Kyle Macy. Think he was All ACC.
Vinny Del Negro. His dad actually played for UK under Rupp.

Reactions: FurdTerguson
There was all sorts of talk about UK being Luke Kennard’s dream school …right up until the moment he committed to Duke.
Yeah , I have a connection with that one . He did grow up a huge UK fan, had been to several UK games (almost positive his grandparents were UK season ticket holder’s) but was “blown away “ on his visit. He called his parents and wanted to commit while there . They were kinda shocked and told him to not rush into it and think it over for awhile. He didn’t change his mind.

I still owe Zion Williamson a kick in the nuts for that whole “University of Duke” thing.
We all owe him one. That BS killed Cal's momentum and I think was the first shot that started the end of his stint here. There's video somewhere of when Cal was told he wasn't coming, and Cal looks genuinely shocked. That's all in the past, but since it's come up, I truly believe that was the beginning of the end of the Cal era.

Screw Duke. They are just a constant pain in the ass.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT