ADVERTISEMENT

UK has set two records for defections

JFCats22

All-American
Feb 3, 2015
according to CBS Sports with Bam leaving UK has now set two NCAA records.

First is the largest % of scoring for a team to lose and second (no surprise) is lowest average points per game for highest returning scorer (Wenyen @ 4 points per).

Not sure these are the kinda of records we want to set but it is what it is I guess.

First is the largest % of scoring for a team to lose and second (no surprise) is lowest average points per game for highest returning scorer (Wenyen @ 4 points per).

Not sure these are the kinda of records we want to set but it is what it is I guess.

Cal will be one badass if he pulls off a great season with these stats.

Media setting him up to kill it.

(I hope...)

Quick question, what about the platoon team? You would think we lost a lot of scoring on that team

Reactions: awf and d2atTech
And Cal will rub their noses in it!!! These are the bright notes we live for.

IKlwaUtyoBpYa4R6FvpXymHfQgAAYl37uRBJrQoD2DICv-BUA2XAJhsCGsAocNG7pkd_HG1khNMwj70n8k78RkuD_jpNNi22p44R1c9Oi2edlvYdstbkzAWir5hC_GTZekxbSxYSXdT0GMGFi2t_LhniiS5QA2_bhc2-s2JGupLuwfXSgTzteobODUNYjwa0jDjv1jhBuKDWj22OVcsu_uvcMWd_6trkTp15ajPQHxNRKkDZW4mXBZZ7w46AdrEstYw3pOeBgsy_QXz0mjLhgvpEv8N1yyjUNCkExFppE08kmNB71qRE117lCALwFLvTQ41zekH9Q0iiMn47BUV05whMbb0n1u8QbgHCRqa3BRBb5d_-tn28Kipzvgd5RnRZIGudXRN8mB5wxL5uhwCtrQLF8ByM-ALWIYkrK44I6j0ZjaBB23IXWxbu14-79lDOkXDjwCGJqRHDQrNay7bMhAWNyKQimOUmeBnjyqOndIYxpn-13UIeSN7Ivq3yc7g239fQZ4HssunIWR-4SnATmb_HiKfAFCNeRN3G7Wnlnr1MyTgx6FmM4D2-XkdVuIEkpLO7Ax8n1CVrmxhhf5dk5jtt7D3F8a79lMM2dGAq5cOZfTtI3jjD=w270-h252-no

UK will be fine. What did they say about Pittsburgh and Memphis? They won't be fine.

So much of next year's success will depend on chemistry and meshing of the new guys. Speaking of young teams...this has to be one of the youngest in the nation next year.

The SEC will be much improved and their talent more experienced.

Another rebuilding year with less experience. I really hope they do an overseas trip this summer.

If UK adds Johnson and Bamba they will be right back in the hunt imo. If by some chance Diallo returns, UK becomes even more dangerous.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
You don't think this is an interesting topic?

You always seem to have an issue and make sure to voice it. Most people ignore or move on when they don't like something, but you don't seem capable of doing so.

UK8 can't stand for someone to disagree with him, often gets hostile and loves the sound of his own voice.

Reactions: JFCats22
THERE is no way in H .E. L. L. a team with zero SEC experience can win more than 10 games in the conference. 10-8 is max. Your looking at 8 to 13 losses next year total.
Those dudes next year better hope two of them are Anthony Davis and John Wall.
It is a tough road to hoe next year my friends. Cal will earn every penny and every gray hair that's for damn sure.
I like to think Kentucky fans know college basketball and most gotta be thinking.....uh-ohh.

THERE is no way in H .E. L. L. a team with zero SEC experience can win more than 10 games in the conference. 10-8 is max. Your looking at 8 to 13 losses next year total.
It is a tough road to hoe next year my friends. Cal will earn every penny and every gray hair that's for damn sure.
I like to think Kentucky fans know college basketball and most gotta be thinking.....uh-ohh.

It is a shame that we are not mature enough to just enjoy this group and hope they get better, knowing that in 2019 we have at least 2-3 mega studs coming in to join this those staying from this year's squad and a great shot at the title.

I don't think 10-8 is max. Maybe 10-8 is the expected. Because of the imbalanced schedule it partially depends on the schedule. I think 12-6 is doable. Also if we add Johnson, although not a returning player, he would be an experienced major conference starter.

Cal will be one badass if he pulls off a great season with these stats.

Media setting him up to kill it.

(I hope...)

The majority of the media hope for the fail then write scathing articles (see fordes you made you bed now lie in it piece) chastising him on relying on freshman so much. Only to turn around and say how bad of a coach he is by not winning more titles with same said freshman.

You rarely ever see the piece talking about how well he brought a young class together.

It is a shame that we are not mature enough to just enjoy this group and hope they get better, knowing that in 2019 we have at least 2-3 mega studs coming in to join this those staying from this year's squad and a great shot at the title.

You still don't get it do you? No one who contributes on next year's team will be back in 2018-2019. That's not how this program operates.

Reactions: Titles1
This topic leads to the question, what relationship have we seen w/ Cal's UK team on team success and returning players. So I've done some brief research.

Team: #Return %Min %Pts %Reb Season-outcome
09-10: 6 62% 56% 75% Elite 8
10-11: 4 18% 13% 14% Final 4
11-12: 4 49% 54% 50% Championship
12-13: 4 7% 6% 6% NIT
13-14: 4 32% 31% 40% Runner-up
14-15: 8 65% 59% 59% Final 4
15-16: 5 22% 14% 17% 2nd round
16-17: 5 31% 24% 33% Elite 8
17-18: 3 11% 7% 16% ?

So the NIT 13 team returned fewer returning minutes (& rebounds) than we will next year, although those 4 players do not include transfers Mays & Harrow.
We didn't return a lot in 11 or 16 either. Of those 3 teams, only 11 played in the 2nd weekend of the tournament. That 11 team had improvements & significant contributions from 3 of the 4 returners, and 3 of the FR were very good as FR.

You still don't get it do you? No one who contributes on next year's team will be back in 2018-2019. That's not how this program operates.

Gotcha.

Signed,

Miller, Jones, Lamb, Wiltjer, Lee, Poythress, Dakari, Andrew, Aaron, Tyler, Wenyen, Hump, Willis and Hawkins.

Reactions: Cawood86
Gotcha.

Signed,

Miller, Jones, Lamb, Wiltjer, Lee, Poythress, Dakari, Andrew, Aaron, Tyler, Wenyen, Hump, Willis and Hawkins.

I'm well aware of them bud, thanks though. The epidemic of getting the hell out of Lexington ASAP is getting worse. Also, I would argue about Wenyen being a "contributor". He has no choice but to return. If he had been slightly better this season, he would be gone as well. Can't have that stigma of being a sophomore at Kentucky.

I disagree.
1) This incoming class is not as good as our past classes, for both UK & everyone else. So I think you may see more upperclassmen in the first round next year (not a lot, maybe it goes from 5 to 8 or 10), and maybe more foreign players too.
2) We have at least 2 FR that we hope, expect, need to be, contributing players next year (Green & Washington), that are undersized (for their position) NBA players and thus will need to "show more" to be 1st round picks next year. In other words they will need to prove to be elite players, & probably be around 2-3 years. 6'1 pass first PGs don't go in 1st round often. Nor do 6'7 PFs. Swanigan was a monster this year and is projected late 1st early 2nd.
3) As another has pointed out we have had other "contributing players" return (left off his list was WCS who did it twice, & Poythress did a 2nd time).

Reactions: brianpoe
There is not another program in the country that could lose that much and even be ranked in the top 25 the following season. Let's see if Cal can pull it off.

But, but, but........Cal just rolls the ball out there......

Reactions: JohnBlue_
All of Cals hairs are going to be grey by the end of the year. I hope fans aren't too hard on him next year, especially the beginning.

Back to the OP though, if cal pulls off a great season next year then that alone should shut up the rest of the naysayers especially from the growing anti cal movement on this board. But it won't

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT