ADVERTISEMENT

Football ***** UK Football Spring Practice Notebook - April 11 *****

Jeff Drummond

Nov 25, 2002
LEXINGTON, KY
Hello HOB. Good Thursday morning to y’all. I’m back over on campus for spring football practice No. 11. It’s the last practice before the “spring game” on Saturday, which will likely be more of an open practice session for media and fans. It’s defense day, so we’ll have DC Brad White and select coaches and players from that side of the ball joining us at approx 10 ET. Stay tuned for the latest news and notes….

BRAD WHITE Q&A:
  • On what they have got accomplished… A lot of young guys have banked a lot of valuable reps.
  • On what he wants to see Saturday… Competitiveness, how they perform with fans in the stands, who can step up. And have fun.
  • Interesting to see young mid-year guys come in and compete these days compared to the past. In a lot of ways, they are more prepared for it, but it’s still hard. And they try to let them know that what they’re seeing now doesn’t exactly translate to the way it escalates in the fall and the intensity of games.
  • Will sit down as a staff after spring and evaluate their portal needs.
  • Proud of this group coming to work every day and gelling. “I think they truly care about each other.”
  • On the Smith twins… Easy transition. Maybe it’s a bit easier when you have a brother to walk into an unknown situation with. What I like about them, they branch out with guys all over the team and can do their own thing. Both have had really solid springs

UK LBs TYREESE FEARBRY AND D'ERYK JACKSON:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News