ADVERTISEMENT

UK/Auburn Tickets - How Much Would You Pay?

Sep 5, 2020
Season Opener - First time in Jordan Hare in over a decade - Less than 20,000 seats available - ZERO tickets being sold to either fan base (minus Auburn students)

How much would you pay to go? Let’s say it’s a pair of tickets lower bowl - corner of the end zone.

$0.00.

It should be “students only” if less than 20K at a school where they care about FB.

We should go “students only”if we could find 12K who would actually show up.

Season Opener - First time in Jordan Hare in over a decade - Less than 20,000 seats available - ZERO tickets being sold to either fan base (minus Auburn students)

How much would you pay to go? Let’s say it’s a pair of tickets lower bowl - corner of the end zone.
The travel situation is so skewed by coronavirus that I cannot say. Under normal circumstances, I might pay $150-200 for a pair of tickets in the lower corner. But not now. The game is on TV, and I don't want to take a chance of getting sick.

I wouldnt waaay overpay, but I understand the rarity of us playing there (fix the SEC sched model already Birmingham!!!!) But if youve got a line on a pair for $200 Id pull the trigger. Doesnt sound unreasonable, especially considering we have a legitimate expectation to win the game.

Im waiting to see what the market bears out before making any such plans or considerations, at home or for road games. Im reconciled to watching all the games on TV but am open to ponying up depending on cost and the hassle with the Covid foolishness.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I wouldnt waaay overpay, but I understand the rarity of us playing there (fix the SEC sched model already Birmingham!!!!) But if youve got a line on a pair for $200 Id pull the trigger. Doesnt sound unreasonable, especially considering we have a legitimate expectation to win the game.

Im waiting to see what the market bears out before making any such plans or considerations, at home or for road games. Im reconciled to watching all the games on TV but am open to ponying up depending on cost and the hassle with the Covid foolishness.

I would think that would be on the low side. Only going to be 17-18k tickets. AU has announced they are taking care of their students first, then their big boosters followed by parents. With approximately 25k students, if half go that is 3/4 of the tickets, another couple 100 for parents. That leaves 4-5k for big boosters and season ticket holders. I dont know if it will reach the UGA/ND price but AU normally sold out. Some were paying over 1I for a single ticket to the ND game. With only 4-5k available to the public I would be a little surprised if you got thg hem for less than 500 each. My cousin is an AU grad and said he was going and will pay whatever it takes. I am on his mom's side, his dad's side is the one with money.

Correction- I didn't see that was for a pair of seats. I don't know anyone that loves football as much as me. 200 for one ticket would be my max unless it's between the 20s.

I'd say $200-250 a ticket for lower corners. would be pretty cool and intimate to be there with only 20,000 others in the stands.

I originally planned to go the game and I think UK was charging $90 ea, not sure about that though since they never did charge me. I would say no way you would get in the stadium for less than $200 ea, more than likely well over that. I looked at tics for the Marshall game sat and they started at $75! That's Marshall!!!

Bama-UGA tickets just hit StubHub, right now cheapest listed $758 per ticket and more of those than AU tickets. Season opener I would be surprised if you got tickets anywhere near$200.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
I would think that would be on the low side. Only going to be 17-18k tickets. AU has announced they are taking care of their students first, then their big boosters followed by parents. With approximately 25k students, if half go that is 3/4 of the tickets, another couple 100 for parents. That leaves 4-5k for big boosters and season ticket holders. I dont know if it will reach the UGA/ND price but AU normally sold out. Some were paying over 1I for a single ticket to the ND game. With only 4-5k available to the public I would be a little surprised if you got thg hem for less than 500 each. My cousin is an AU grad and said he was going and will pay whatever it takes. I am on his mom's side, his dad's side is the one with money.
Pretty sure the SEC has dictated that if fans attend then the home team is required to provide 500 tickets to the visiting team in the lower level.

Bama-UGA tickets just hit StubHub, right now cheapest listed $758 per ticket and more of those than AU tickets. Season opener I would be surprised if you got tickets anywhere near$200.

How in hell are they still getting the really scarce tickets now? Was this a long term contract, probably negotiated right after our TWO CONSECUTIVE TWO OOC NOBODY wins.

It is against the law for you to scalp your ticket but there is no problem with them doing it on a wholesale basis? Selling for $575 a shot, wonder what thy paid for them, sure shuts the family out. And the sheep are just fine with it.

$0.00.

It should be “students only” if less than 20K at a school where they care about FB.

We should go “students only”if we could find 12K who would actually show up.

You do know that UK lowered the student allotment from an already low 5,000 to only 2,500, don't you? I think it was part of getting rid of the 6,000 seats we are never going to need. I wonder what the student allotment will be for our first home game.

So, since they only allot 2,500 for students normally what do you think the chances are of letting 12K attend? And students losing interest during our decade of non-support and the ensuing two consecutive TWO WIN seasons shouldn't be that surprising really, after all wasn't the season ticket holders down about 20,000 from our high in 09 even during our best season in almost EIGHTY years?

Not that you were directing this at me, but the $200- that's all I'd pay. Would have paid that with or without the restrictions. With the pther costs of travel and such it just doesn't make sense for me to go for more bread than that. Love to be there to see them win @Auburn, but I survived not seeing the win @UF live and in person. (Couldn't get the time off to go, but did cash in on that prediction)

Last edited:
Pretty sure the SEC has dictated that if fans attend then the home team is required to provide 500 tickets to the visiting team in the lower level.

I dont know about being required to do anything for visitors other than provide tickets for parents. All I know was the AU administration said they were taking care of their students first, parents 2nd, visitor parents and their season ticket holders . Things in Alabama dont always go by rules, who you complain to and where is it. That's why the SEC office doesnt need to be in an SEC state.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
Not that you were directing this at me, but the $200- that's all I'd pay. Would have paid that with or without the restrictions. With the pther costs of travel and such it just doesn't make sense to go for more bread than that.

I dont know who said that first. This is a pretty important game for both teams, opener for both teams, extremely limited number of tickets. Like you even with good knees I wouldnt pay what people are going to be asking when I can watch on 70inch Samsung with more letters in the description than I got fingers on one hand. Now if I were under 30 I probably buy a ticket.

How in hell are they still getting the really scarce tickets now? Was this a long term contract, probably negotiated right after our TWO CONSECUTIVE TWO OOC NOBODY wins.

It is against the law for you to scalp your ticket but there is no problem with them doing it on a wholesale basis? Selling for $575 a shot, wonder what thy paid for them, sure shuts the family out. And the sheep are just fine with it.

No idea Jauk, poster on our board said the first had hit StubHub and the cheapest were 575. Maybe the wont sell I have no idea what happens then. When we went to ND lots paid $1k for a ticket and people were offering more for a ticket a few days before the game. A buddy of mine bought 5 Rose Bowl tickets at $1300 per, him, wife and 3 kids. Yes, he is out there a little, He also went to the ND game, the SEC championship game and the NC game,but his company has access to all the games in Georgia,for free.

Reactions: Girthang
No idea Jauk, poster on our board said the first had hit StubHub and the cheapest were 575. Maybe the wont sell I have no idea what happens then. When we went to ND lots paid $1k for a ticket and people were offering more for a ticket a few days before the game. A buddy of mine bought 5 Rose Bowl tickets at $1300 per, him, wife and 3 kids. Yes, he is out there a little, He also went to the ND game, the SEC championship game and the NC game,but his company has access to all the games in Georgia,for free.

I miss getting to see every game, but I don't miss the travel time and expense. More power to him

With what he is spending he should get some freebies.

I always liked what this woman I know said about an officer in a company we both knew, she said he isn't a purchasing agent, he is a spender. Also reminds me of working at the Test Site, by Oct 1st (end of fiscal year) all the engineers had to turn in a wish list of things they would like to have, any money in the budget not spent by then had to be spent. The theory being if you didn't spend all the money you wouldn't get that much next year.

I dont know about being required to do anything for visitors other than provide tickets for parents. All I know was the AU administration said they were taking care of their students first, parents 2nd, visitor parents and their season ticket holders . Things in Alabama dont always go by rules, who you complain to and where is it. That's why the SEC office doesnt need to be in an SEC state.
From a LSU site...article on LSU ticket plans.

• Per Southeastern Conference policy for the 2020 football season, 500 tickets will be made available to visiting teams.

• Per Southeastern Conference policy for the 2020 football season, 500 tickets will be made available to visiting teams.

I wonder if there will be any fights between our fans------or between them and the sellers.

I understand the policy, what I dont understand is the consequences if they dont 500 tickets, forfeit? Fine? Or an official complaint from the visiting team? AU is dirty, if there is some loophole to avoid giving a visiting team tickets they will use it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT