ADVERTISEMENT

UK Athletics is a dumpster fire

Only Championships this AD is worried about.

F9k05GsWMAAcDjW

Yeah I’m seriously sick of Barnhart he’s done a good job overall but EVERYTHING since the last Citrus bowl for basketball and football has a been a joke considering what those guys are making

And he drags his feet on NIL. Tennessee embraced NIL from the get go. Remember where they were and where we were when NIL started. They’ve passed us up big time because get so much more NIL money than we do

Hey, girls soccer may actually make the tourny lol, Mitch made sure to talk about that during his BS segment on the pregame show!

Last edited:
1. Cal 9 Mil until 2029
2. Stoops 9.4M until 2031
3. Elzy has the Ky women nest to last in sec but inherited a top half program
4. mingione has been bad../last season was his first decent one since year 1

I could care less about volleyball track…etc Even cheerleading has fallen way back since firing rhe naked lakehouse stuff

But good ole Mitch got a fat extension this year as rhe good ole boy swamp is doing its thing in Lexington

Last edited:
Our basketball coach is a sloppy, overrated, vastly overpaid mess that seems to have mouth diarrhea.

I think Stoops has done an incredible job overall building a foundation from nothing, but he has the same deficiencies in his coaching today as he did in 2013. His absolute ceiling if every single card falls his way is Levis’ junior season. To be fair, that’s great. But the more likely finish any given year with Stoops will forever be more like 7 wins and some meaningless bowl that serves no function except chest-beating over a bowl streak. We will never break through the ceiling we’ve already seen with Stoops. Not saying he needs to go by any means. Just being sober about his tenure looking ahead.

I say all this to say, Mitch is lucky our university seems to put as much weight on a rifle team championship as revenue sport success, because otherwise I see two overpaid and very limited coaches that we have no earthly hope of cutting loose even if warranted at some point thanks to Mitch’s “negotiation skills”.

Mitch is a very poor fundraiser. But he is a good AD. If we want a better football program, need to bring in a fundraiser and embrace NIL.

Basketball is what it is. With NIL, we’ve lost our competitive advantage (cheating). Much more parity in basketball now.

Mitch has benefited more than anyone in the world in the new
landscape of SEC money. He's not a good AD and never has been one.

• Haha
Reactions: TCurtis75
Not to interrupt a fine rant, buuuuuut,

“CONFERENCE
At the conference level, the SEC leads all Division I conferences with eight institutions in the top-25 – Florida (5th), Tennessee (6th), Georgia (7th), LSU (9th), Alabama (12th), Arkansas (13th), Kentucky (18th) and Texas A&M (24th).”

Somebody needs to take a firehouse to put out our overall 18th ranking!!

And that is a bit of a drop from the year prior:

“2021-22 LEARFIELD College Directors’ Cup Final Top 25 Point Standings
1. Texas – 1449.50
2. Stanford – 1352.25
3. Michigan – 1245.25
4. Ohio State – 1184.50
5. Florida – 1180.75
6. North Carolina – 1087.25
7. Arkansas – 1050.75
8. Notre Dame – 1021.00
9. Kentucky – 979.75”

Last edited:
Reactions: Girthang and Hjack
1. Cal 9 Mil until 2029
2. Stoops 9.4M until 2031
3. Elzy has the Ky women nest to last in sec but inherited a top half program
4. mingione has been bad../last season was his first decent one since year 1

I could care less about volleyball track…etc Even cheerleading has fallen way back since firing rhe naked lakehouse stuff

But good ole Mitch got a fat extension this year as rhe good ole boy swamp is doing its thing in Lexington

Good post in regards to #3.

Changing coaches does not guarantee success

Many on here need to try and comprehend that issue.

Reactions: Girthang
All Stoops has to do is win the 4 guaranteed wins, get 2 SEC wins, and beat UofL and that looks less likely.
Uh, you count U of L twice, with the whole “4 guaranteed wins,” and then your finish. But “all he’s done” is win 3, 4, or 5 SEC wins a year, owning half of our double digit winning seasons in history, and defeating 12 ranked teams in the last ten seasons.

He has defeated three ranked teams in bowl games named “Gator” and “Citrus,” bowl games we had not been invited to in the 60 seasons prior to Stoops.

He has broken our 41 year drought for lack of double-digit winning seasons (the fourth worst drought in P5) and our 34 year drought without a post season national ranking. In head-to-head comparison to Frank Beamer’s first 11 Hall of Fame seasons at Virginia Tech, Stoops has won 72 games to Beamer’s 68, gone 4-2 in bowls compared to Beamer’s 2-4, and has defeated more ranked teams than did Beamer on his road to the College Hall of Fame.

But other than all that Stoops is just turble, turble!!!

And look at the financial ruin befallen the University as result of Stoops!! Those repeated sellouts from the EKU game forward to Alabama will have 75,000 more spectators than most of our seasons, and hence the huge cost of printing (virtually) that many more tickets sold at $60.00 an average pop, along with the financial drain of selling out the parking passes and concessions!

FARRRRR BARNHART!!

You’d almost suspect these folk of trying to run a successful and profitable business!!

It’s no wonder we face the shame of being ranked 9th nationally in ‘22, and 18th nationally in ‘23 in all Sports by Learfield!

Yeah I’m seriously sick of Barnhart he’s done a good job overall but EVERYTHING since the last Citrus bowl for basketball and football has a been a joke considering what those guys are making

And he drags his feet on NIL. Tennessee embraced NIL from the get go. Remember where they were and where we were when NIL started. They’ve passed us up big time because get so much more NIL money than we do
Yeah, he sure needs to be more like Tennessee who “embraced” NIL. CI posters always want us to emulate the dirtiest programs in the country. This is the only place where fans want our AD to be like dirty ass Tom Jurich and Tennessee.

Reactions: Girthang
Yeah, he sure needs to be more like Tennessee who “embraced” NIL. CI posters always want us to emulate the dirtiest programs in the country. This is the only place where fans want our AD to be like dirty ass Tom Jurich and Tennessee.
People wanting to embrace Jurich and Pitino after the dumpster fire they created at UL is beyond me.

People wanting to embrace Jurich and Pitino after the dumpster fire they created at UL is beyond me.
They lost more than a banner: they’ve lost a decade of true competiveness in the sports that count the most.

The Jurich/Petino/Petrino/Ramsey slow motion implosion over a 5 year span is one of the blackest eyes in collegiate sports history, perhaps exceeded only by the stench of the Penn State fiasco, as it involved child victims.

Uh, you count U of L twice, with the whole “4 guaranteed wins,” and then your finish. But “all he’s done” is win 3, 4, or 5 SEC wins a year, owning half of our double digit winning seasons in history, and defeating 12 ranked teams in the last ten seasons.

He has defeated three ranked teams in bowl games named “Gator” and “Citrus,” bowl games we had not been invited to in the 60 seasons prior to Stoops.

He has broken our 41 year drought for lack of double-digit winning seasons (the fourth worst drought in P5) and our 34 year drought without a post season national ranking. In head-to-head comparison to Frank Beamer’s first 11 Hall of Fame seasons at Virginia Tech, Stoops has won 72 games to Beamer’s 68, gone 4-2 in bowls compared to Beamer’s 2-4, and has defeated more ranked teams than did Beamer on his road to the College Hall of Fame.

But other than all that Stoops is just turble, turble!!!

And look at the financial ruin befallen the University as result of Stoops!! Those repeated sellouts from the EKU game forward to Alabama will have 75,000 more spectators than most of our seasons, and hence the huge cost of printing (virtually) that many more tickets sold at $60.00 an average pop, along with the financial drain of selling out the parking passes and concessions!

FARRRRR BARNHART!!

You’d almost suspect these folk of trying to run a successful and profitable business!!

It’s no wonder we face the shame of being ranked 9th nationally in ‘22, and 18th nationally in ‘23 in all Sports by Learfield!

I have never understood the dislike for Barnhart here. Is he perfect, of course not, but he has built an outstanding athletic program for UK, one that evert UK fan should be proud to support. Everyone wants to win championships but only 1 team does.that per sport a year. He has managed to retain coaches that were wanted by other programs.

I guess it's the same group that want to get rid of Stoops. He hasn't gotten UK that championship, but he had an undermanned UK team playing for a championship the 9th or 10th game of the season multiple times.

I have never understood the dislike for Barnhart here. Is he perfect, of course not, but he has built an outstanding athletic program for UK, one that evert UK fan should be proud to support. Everyone wants to win championships but only 1 team does.that per sport a year. He has managed to retain coaches that were wanted by other programs.

I guess it's the same group that want to get rid of Stoops. He hasn't gotten UK that championship, but he had an undermanned UK team playing for a championship the 9th or 10th game of the season multiple times.
He said we live in a microwave society once and ruffled the feathers of the Karen’s.

I guess it's the same group that want to get rid of Stoops. He hasn't gotten UK that championship, but he had a undermanned UK team playing for a championship the 9th or 10th game of the season multiple times.
He’s scared to take risks. He does not like making moves. With NIL he took the approach to sit back and wait for the NCAA to clean it up, we got burned on that. And frankly nobody is gonna give him the benefit of the doubt bc of his bland personality and the way he has said many times he doesn’t really care what fans want. He just seems like somebody who is stuck on amateurism and unwilling to move on to the semi-pro way of doing things. We are never gonna be ahead of the curve with NIL or anything as long as he is here.

Following rules get you zero in this era. These dirty programs are not getting penalized.

He’s scared to take risks. He does not like making moves. With NIL he took the approach to sit back and wait for the NCAA to clean it up, we got burned on that. And frankly nobody is gonna give him the benefit of the doubt bc of his bland personality and the way he has said many times he doesn’t really care what fans want. He just seems like somebody who is stuck on amateurism and unwilling to move on to the semi-pro way of doing things. We are never gonna be ahead of the curve with NIL or anything as long as he is here.
He didn’t cheat like FSU, Tennessee, and the next teams to get hit you mean. Sugarcoating cheating and being a dirty program by saying it’s taking risks, too funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT