ADVERTISEMENT

Ugo, is Ugone…

He was the third-youngest player on the team, behind only Wagner and Dillingham. Not sure he is NBA-ready, but his youth leaves room for development. I wish him well.

I did not expect him to stay …

I’m glad he’s the second to decide not to go to Arkansas which isn’t being talked about surprisingly. That makes Bradshaw and Ugo 2 of 3. The less of our former players on their rosters the better. They also will never touch Reed, Dilly, or Reeves. Which means they won’t even have the best of what turned out to be a 1 and done tournament team lol.

For all I care let him declare he's a she and go average 6 and 8 in the WNBA . Guy has zero skills other than being tall. He can piss off . And I say that knowing we need bodies , but we dont need his . but but but he blocked 10 shots in a game once .. yeah once . Hes simply not UK material in any form or fashion

Reactions: Fox2monk
He is the least our concerns. Not a fit in this system. And let's be honest, outside of the Ole Miss game he wasn't very good most of the time.

And thus ends the long, tired, frustrating era of reading these draft announcements from multiple guys per year who have no chance at being a first round pick and potentially go undrafted.

Finally.
It seems like we have had more guys go to the draft that weren't ready than any other school. I'm with you in hoping those days are over.

I expected him to transfer, sure. He’s not one bit what the NBA is looking for. He’s a below the rim guy who can’t shoot at all, and doesn’t really show any promise in that area. If this were 1982, maybe he’s got a shot. The bigs in the NBA will run circles around and are stronger too.

He can make money playing basketball for sure, but it likely won’t be in the NBA.

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

This is a real good example of what wore me down with Cals system...it wasn't the sure shot Wall and Davis guys...it was things like this.
Best of luck young man. I'm afraid you will need it.
The difference in one and done talent was astronomical after 2017, in my opinion.

He was the third-youngest player on the team, behind only Wagner and Dillingham. Not sure he is NBA-ready, but his youth leaves room for development. I wish him well.

I did not expect him to stay …
Ugo's problem is he lacks speed, athleticism and MOTOR. Whoever convinced him to hire an agent should be fired. Awful decision.

I wish him luck, but I don't think he would have ever done anything else other than what he has done already. A few points and rebounds to go along with a few blocked shots a game, most of the centers we played against had way better numbers and were a lot better offensively.

Ugo's problem is he lacks speed, athleticism and MOTOR. Whoever convinced him to hire an agent should be fired. Awful decision.
I read an article the other day where he said he wasn't entering the portal but was leaving his options open like eh could return. I thought if he hired an agent he couldn't return. Has something changed?

I read an article the other day where he said he wasn't entering the portal but was leaving his options open like eh could return. I thought if he hired an agent he couldn't return. Has something changed?
Per about 15 years ago, you can hire an agent and return to school, so long as you repay anything paid to you by the agent and cease representation when you return. But doubt they really even enforce that any more, or they just find a NIL way around it.

Everything I’ve read is that he’s to the NBA regardless of what happens.

Well, Ugo's future is likely playing in a minor league overseas. I'm sure he can do some things not
allowed by Cal and I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see an NBA player there so I hope he continues his education.

A site for ugo---cause he gonna need it!!

rr

• Haha
fwiw Jamie Shaw expects him to land at Bama.
I was told by a source close to the recruitment that this process would not take very long, suggesting a decision to come within ten to fourteen days after entering the transfer portal. A source told me recently that Alabama, Oklahoma, and Louisville all made a push.

With the intel I currently have, I have placed an RPM for Kentucky transfer Ugonna Onyenso to ultimately choose Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT