ADVERTISEMENT

Ugo in the portal

I don't hate him, just disappointed actually. Did he even sit down with Pope and discuss if he had a role on the team going forward..nope. not that I know of.
His handlers have given him pathetic advice but at what point will he make decisions for himself.
I wish him the best as he searches for a place to play. Somebody will take him. Eastern, Morehead St, N Kentucky, are probably in need.

Id love to have him back and it’s odd to me that most UK fans don’t. All we hear about is we can’t keep kids but our fan base runs them off before they ever make a decision. Not that I think they read this and make a decision off of it but here we are with a chance to get one back but now we are saying he doesn’t fit Popes style???
How do we really know popes style, I figure Pope will do multiple things and work around his talent.
kramer im out GIF

Reactions: BluestBlood
Why the hate for Ugo? He played for the Blue and White… low class.
Because he wasn’t that great, but acted like he was a pro, and tried to go pro at every opportunity. Here we see a legit player like RJ Davis and Bacot and both them returned for 5 freaking years. Yet our baby deer and all his team mates can’t wait to leave! So why should we love them when they don’t produce?

Last edited:
I hear you. I would take Onyenso back, if he really wanted to come back. I don't think that is the case. If we wanted back, all he would need to say is that he's withdrawing from the draft and returning to UK. But that's not what he said. He said he's withdrawing from NBA draft consideration (meaning he had no options there) and entering the portal, which likely means not UK. Regarding Pope's style, I'm referring to the way his teams have played at BYU in the last few years. They shoot the 3 a lot- and their big men handle the ball, pass the ball, and also shoot the three. They are a wide-open, 5-out kind of style. They may post up guys at times, but it is rare for their big men post on the low post. They often set up at the high post and back-cut quite a bit. I just don't see Ugo being a very good fit for any of that.
He did this same crap last year. He just isn't very good right now

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Rarely do I not want a player back . I was not upset L ware left , he just wasn’t the level of player UK needs to compete for a FF .. same with UGo whose lone talent seems to being tall .. he can go wash windows for all I care

Why the hate for Ugo? He played for the Blue and White… low class.

1. He played badly

2. Played with minimal effort on several occasions. Noticeably so and in very big games, too.

3. Entered the transfer portal after both his seasons here.

I don't hate him. Just never thought he was good enough to play here.

Unfortunately he had a couple of fluky games which duped our dumb coach into thinking he should play way more than he should.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Ugo seemed like a good kid, but you could see last year when he was not sure about coming back to Kentucky something was off. He is and has been getting bad advice from his greedy handlers.

Listened to Sunday Morning Sports Talk on WLAP and they had Krysten Peek who is an NBA scout and Anthony White asked her about Ugo's chance of being drafted and she said ZERO!!! Said she hoped he kept his option to return to college open.

I guess he must have failed to show NBA teams his scoring prowess outside the paint!!!
I would have been happy to see his scoring prowess inside the paint. Dude couldn't hit a 2 footer to save his life.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
Because he wasn’t that great but acted like he was a pro and tried to leave and go pro at every opportunity. Here we see a legit player like RJ Davis and Bacot and both them returned for 5 freaking years. Yet our baby deer and all his team mates can’t wait to leave! So why should we love them when they don’t produce?
He is truly not self aware, and would not be a good fit in Pope's system.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'm sure Cal will reach out, afterall, Ugo was a great fit for UK in Cal's system, so he has to be a great fit for Arkansas and worth every dime he commands from them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT