ADVERTISEMENT

UConn vs. UNCheat in Madison Square Garden tonight. Who you got?

Kentucky vs Carolina is a highly intriguing matchup. These Tarheels aren't that great defensively. Probably better than us, but not by a wide margin.

Kentucky vs Carolina is a highly intriguing matchup. These Tarheels aren't that great defensively. Probably better than us, but not by a wide margin.
Their size in the paint is what worries me. I can see Mitchell with two fouls five mins into the game trying to defend Bacot. It’s really a shame our coach couldn’t find a center in the portal.

Their size in the paint is what worries me. I can see Mitchell with two fouls five mins into the game trying to defend Bacot. It’s really a shame our coach couldn’t find a center in the portal.
Well, we have "1" The other the NCAA has a thumb up their ass on.

Amazing how well UConn plays in the garden. One of my favorite memories was walking out of MSG after that 2009 team beat them there and Wall was Superman. I soaked it all in. Their fans are so annoying and that put them in their place.

Reactions: ukfan041
Should have gotten ware fom Oregon and konecht. Both are playing well for iu and UT. Yet the brilliant uk coach apparently showed zero interest in both

Never thought I'd see a Cal team suck at defense as much as we have. Ulis need to rip in to our boys and teach them how to guard.
I think it's past that point. Ulis is an excellent communicator and teacher, but he's likely staying back in the shadows in practice so as to not offend Cal. Cal would get smoked by both of these coaches tonight.

I think UCONN is the best team so far this year! Hurley can coach his ass off too…beautiful offense! UNC is good, but they don’t scare me. I think we get them in Atlanta

We have a big who can play (Ugonna is likely cleared to play), but not a coach who demands that they get after it on the court. I'm wondering whether Cal properly utilized Z in helping the other two guys along.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
This is the guy! I love his game. A little raw but I would take him all day over Bradshaw. JMHO.
Agree wholeheartedly. For what this team needs, Ugo is the one we want healthy and in the line-up. I just believe Bradshaw will demand shots that we'd be better served having someone else take. Ugo will give us D and boards w/out demanding the ball on offense.

• Love
And exactly what will he add? He is in reality an untested freshman, since ccc didn't have the sense to play him last year
He got early season PT and looked more than serviceable I thought. Then, he disappeared for the rest of the season. He looks like he can push guys around more than Bradshaw. We're gonna need him back for front court depth.

After one game?
Lmao nope. Just in general. I just don’t think Bradshaw gives us what we need. Like @nickhorvathsuxazz stated, we desperately need rim protection, rebounding and toughness without the need for that player to take 8/10 shots a game. Plus, Ugo is the only guy on the roster that checks all those boxes. He’s a wide body, with a solid base. He’s a banger. Exactly what this team needs.

EDIT: Big Z could provide that to some extent, but not like Ugo could IMO. Plus, nobody knows what’s gonna happen there, unfortunately. Would love to have him too. He would be a matchup nightmare. A 7’2” big that can handle on the perimeter, drive and shoot the ball. He’s a unicorn at the college level.

Last edited:
I was really struck by the size on the floor last night. UCONN has real height and length, and Bacot is a load for UNC. Even Oscar had trouble with his strength and size last year.

It would take all 21 feet of our centers to handle either team. That game with UNC is gonna be rough.

Lmao nope. Just in general. I just don’t think Bradshaw gives us what we need. Like @nickhorvathsuxazz stated, we desperately need rim protection, rebounding and toughness without the need for that player to take 8/10 shots a game. Plus, Ugo is the only guy on the roster that checks all those boxes. He’s a wide body, with a solid base. He’s a banger. Exactly what this team needs.

EDIT: Big s could provide that to some extent, but not like Ugo could IMO. Plus, nobody knows what’s gonna happen there, unfortunately. Would love to have him too. He would be a matchup nightmare. A 7’2” big that can handle on the perimeter, drive and shoot the ball. He’s a unicorn at the college level.
Sounds good about Z but to play devils advocate, he’s never played on the college level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT