ADVERTISEMENT

TyTy Washington traded to OKC Thunder

Whenever I see Ty Ty getting tossed around the league like a ragdoll as part of trade packages, I always think of this scene and can't help but wonder what he could have become with a second year at Kentucky:

456f7128-ed20-4dbc-9376-5ae7843fb679_text.gif

He’ll be lucky if he gets a year or 2 there. With SGA, Jalin Williams, Giddey, and Wallace there won’t be much of an opportunity.

He may not but wherever you catches on at, I think will get a steal. He’s still only 21. That how old MJ was entering the league. I’m not saying he’s even in the same galaxy as MJ, I’m saying he still has time to make a career for himself.

• Haha
Reactions: STL_Cat
Iwouldn't worry. Presti didn't trade for 2year first round pick to cut him. He'll let him grow in value then trade him to someone.

Shocked that Rudy Gay still playing.

Reactions: Zissou87
He may not but wherever you catches on at, I think will get a steal. He’s still only 21. That how old MJ was entering the league. I’m not saying he’s even in the same galaxy as MJ, I’m saying he still has time to make a career for himself.
He needs to go to a bottom dweller with limited guards right now. The Thunder are about to be really good again.

Reactions: UKAlum88
He didn't stay due to the injuries he suffered. Got freaked out and left when he did. He was playing really well at end of year in G-League Playoffs and when he got chances with Rockets. Runs pick and roll at an elite level. Needs to get in better shape--leaner and stronger-but think he'll eventually find a place and be a good pickup for some team.

He didn't stay due to the injuries he suffered. Got freaked out and left when he did. He was playing really well at end of year in G-League Playoffs and when he got chances with Rockets. Runs pick and roll at an elite level. Needs to get in better shape--leaner and stronger-but think he'll eventually find a place and be a good pickup for some team.
I’d like to recruit players like him every year. He was more skilled than a lot of five stars we get.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Tyty Washington never, ever looked like much of an NBA player to me. Good luck to him, he’s going to flounder in G League teams riding buses for the next few years and end up overseas.

He needs to work much harder on his body than he obviously ever has. Not sure he’s going to do it. If you’re 21+, a pro athlete, and still have a body full of baby fat … you’re not putting in the work. Not sorry to say it. He doesn’t do anything good enough to be an NBA player.

Oklahoma Ciry does good with guards they have another good one with Giddy. He is an assist machine. Ty Ty will get plenty of shots. If he doesn't pick it up now with another cat playing and pulling for him he may never make it

I’d like to recruit players like him every year. He was more skilled than a lot of five stars we get.

Me too he was a good college player and if he stayed a potential UK legend. Unfortunately he missed the NIL by a year right? Or maybe we could of thrown some money to get him to stay.

Me too he was a good college player and if he stayed a potential UK legend. Unfortunately he missed the NIL by a year right? Or maybe we could have thrown some money to get him to stay.
Um, that Porsche he was driving was via NIL.

He needs to work much harder on his body than he obviously ever has. Not sure he’s going to do it. If you’re 21+, a pro athlete, and still have a body full of baby fat … you’re not putting in the work. Not sorry to say it. He doesn’t do anything good enough to be an NBA player.
I agree with you about his baby fat, but he did do one thing very well - had a better than 3:1 A/T ratio.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I agree with you about his baby fat, but he did do one thing very well - had a better than 3:1 A/T ratio.
Just looked it up. Was 3.36, which was 38th best in the entire league.

And he also shot a very respectable .488 from 2, which isn’t surprising given his strong midrange game, even though it’s not that valued in the NBA.

Last edited:
Eh at the end of the day, TyTy was able to go from a 4 star recruit to one and done and at least drafted all within a year or so. He probably won’t stay stateside much longer but he made the most out of his situation.

Whenever I see Ty Ty getting tossed around the league like a ragdoll as part of trade packages, I always think of this scene and can't help but wonder what he could have become with a second year at Kentucky:

456f7128-ed20-4dbc-9376-5ae7843fb679_text.gif
A second year at UK quite likely would’ve been disappointing given his apparent disregard for conditioning. Last time I saw him he was carrying WAY too much doughy body fat to be an NBA guard.

Failing to stay in shape is a pitiful reason for losing an NBA career.

I actually see him being traded again before the season starts as another package deal. Hope he finds the right team the will play him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT