ADVERTISEMENT

Typical Stoops team in a big game

While I share the disappointment of the game and coaches decisions, I cannot agree with this being a "big game". I would have liked to have won this one (and every game), and understand that going to a bowl provides benefits to programs versus not going.

However, Kentucky had a mediocre record this year with the only real highlight of beating only one end of season ranked team all year (Louisville). We had the opportunity to playe in a mid-level bowl against another team with a mediocre record. I just don't get why everyone gets so worked up about bowl games that in reality have little to no meaning in the whole scheme of things - unless you are vying for the National Championship.

Calling this a big game (and most but not necessarily all bowl games) is a gross overstatement considering we have several games that I would easily consider bigger during the regular season - and we lost all of them other than Louisville. Alas Stoops carries on the Kentucky tradition of finding ways to lose yet another game that we should have won.

Reactions: law1127
While I share the disappointment of the game and coaches decisions, I cannot agree with this being a "big game". I would have liked to have won this one (and every game), and understand that going to a bowl provides benefits to programs versus not going.

However, Kentucky had a mediocre record this year with the only real highlight of beating only one end of season ranked team all year (Louisville). We had the opportunity to playe in a mid-level bowl against another team with a mediocre record. I just don't get why everyone gets so worked up about bowl games that in reality have little to no meaning in the whole scheme of things - unless you are vying for the National Championship.

Calling this a big game (and most but not necessarily all bowl games) is a gross overstatement considering we have several games that I would easily consider bigger during the regular season - and we lost all of them other than Louisville. Alas Stoops carries on the Kentucky tradition of finding ways to lose yet another game that we should have won.
You, sir, are incorrect.

Reactions: ManitouDan

Anytime you're the only game being played in the county (first half anyway), it's a big game. The country had a chance to watch us and our style. We choked.

It was a chance to try to make the season feel better against a name team. Albeit a mediocre year of them with many sit outs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT