ADVERTISEMENT

Two new additions to Men's staff

Townes sounds like he has a great resume..

Although, the Bucks did deal with quite a few injuries the last few years, especially this year lol. Probably not a real issue, though.

I feel like this board gets excited every time we get a new strength and conditioning coach and it's all pretty much the same.
Lol yeah it has always made me chuckle. People don't understand that when a new strength coach is hired it isn't going to necessarily lead to greater physical abilities or all of a sudden having a stronger team. 95 percent of it is determined by the individual and how bad he/she wants to improve their conditioning. The coach can show you some good exercises but at the end of the day the players are responsible for how seriously they take it and how well they perform each rep. There are no secret formulas to getting strong it takes a lot of hard work.

It's easier to add strength and endurance when you are 23 than when you are 18. Any competent guy with the enthusiasm of someone who is new and needs to prove himself ought to do well with this crew. Just keep them focused and disciplined.

I feel like this board gets excited every time we get a new strength and conditioning coach and it's all pretty much the same.
Maybe this team we'll get a little less of this avoiding contact crap:

Pink Panther Dancing GIF

And more of this:

Cats Leaping GIF

It's easier to add strength and endurance when you are 23 than when you are 18. Any competent guy with the enthusiasm of someone who is new and needs to prove himself ought to do well with this crew. Just keep them focused and disciplined.
It was amazing my strength difference at 23,vs 18

As long as he doesn’t get into public scuffles at girls basketball games he should do fine. Being a strength and conditioning coach for a bunch of a division 1 athletes has to be one of the easiest jobs in the world. I’m a little jealous.

As long as he doesn’t get into public scuffles at girls basketball games he should do fine. Being a strength and conditioning coach for a bunch of a division 1 athletes has to be one of the easiest jobs in the world. I’m a little jealous.
Maybe but some are better than others.
I like his educational background along with the fact he's worked with NBA players.
Seems to be a basketball only guy where Rock was mainly a football guy who took a stab at working with the basketball program.

Reactions: chroix
Maybe but some are better than others.
I like his educational background along with the fact he's worked with NBA players.
Seems to be a basketball only guy where Rock was mainly a football guy who took a stab at working with the basketball program.
I don’t disagree. I think the best ones have a lot of knowledge on nutrition and do the exercises with the people they’re leading. Anyone can google workout routines but being able to tailor a nutrition plan to athletes based on their individual needs is tougher. And personally, I lose respect for anyone who tells me to do something that they aren’t capable of doing themselves (this is in regards to a trainer leading the exercise personally).

Oh, and being able to effectively and reliably reduce injury and muscle fatigue is a big one. But that may be more on the trainer side than strength and conditioning side.

Reactions: chroix
Lol yeah it has always made me chuckle. People don't understand that when a new strength coach is hired it isn't going to necessarily lead to greater physical abilities or all of a sudden having a stronger team. 95 percent of it is determined by the individual and how bad he/she wants to improve their conditioning. The coach can show you some good exercises but at the end of the day the players are responsible for how seriously they take it and how well they perform each rep. There are no secret formulas to getting strong it takes a lot of hard work.
Actually there is a secret formula for getting strong but the NCAA drug testing doesn't permit usage 😏

• Haha
Reactions: rob_47
The S&C guy from two coaches ago, Rob Harris, looks to be at Austin Peay. This last guy, Braden Welsh, I'm assuming follows Cal to Arkansas?

I’m not sure I can point to one programs strength & conditioning coach and feel like he is head & shoulders above others.

I do remember Huggins UC teams of the late 90’s & early 2000’s. They always seemed jacked! Might have been more of a recruiting type than the weight room?

Ugo and Bradshaw faked their injuries because the nothing more than helps a bigs stock than leg and foot injuries. Thiero faked a back injury because he didn’t want the minutes. DJ faked an ankle injury because he was shutting it down and the same goes for Justin Edwards who was shutting it down too. Tre Mitchell wanted to stop playing well since faked a shoulder injury.

I see why these you all hated the kids. Instead of entertaining you like they were supposed to they faked injuries.
Thanks, Mr's Doubtfire.

Oh, and btw, Thiero did.

In the fitness world, a lot of fake gurus try to connect themselves to high level athletes and then promote themselves as cutting edge when they actually don’t know what they’re talking about.

Our strength coaches on the football side seem really good and use a proven approach.

Remember this coach who worked with NBA players and was the strength coach at Memphis: Frank Matrisciano

Of course! The dude’s name is Rock. We seemed to all assume that after three months of working with the team that the entire roster would be built like The Rock.
I fed him ice cream in an ice cream eating contest in my youth at GD Ritzys if anyone remembers those in Lexington.

Ugo and Bradshaw faked their injuries because the nothing more than helps a bigs stock than leg and foot injuries. Thiero faked a back injury because he didn’t want the minutes. DJ faked an ankle injury because he was shutting it down and the same goes for Justin Edwards who was shutting it down too. Tre Mitchell wanted to stop playing well since faked a shoulder injury.

I see why these you all hated the kids. Instead of entertaining you like they were supposed to they faked injuries.
You're off to a splendid start with another sock account.

Reactions: KFuqua and chroix
Makes sense, the way to get a better role is to fake an injury and sit out. Y’all are always trashing players with made up BS. No connections but you’re an expert on players health because a message board poster alluded to it.
So, I guess the guy who started his account yesterday had all the connections to Kal's staff. Do tell us more.

I’m assuming this closes the door on those Ulis joining the staff rumors?

I’m not sure I can point to one programs strength & conditioning coach and feel like he is head & shoulders above others.

I do remember Huggins UC teams of the late 90’s & early 2000’s. They always seemed jacked! Might have been more of a recruiting type than the weight room?
Kansas players seem to be always fit but that might be the penitentiary meal plan prepping and mop bucket workouts they do.

I'm sure some are much better than others, but I don't thinkt here's any way for us to separate the variables of team performance. I'm sure some completely ass S+C coaches have been covered by high end talent for years and visa versa.

I didn’t say I had connections, I just laugh at fake frauds like you and you internet buddies that act like you do. You’re a garbage human being who starts and spreads rumors to trash kids who don’t play up to your standards. LOL at you dick riding losers always white knighting for trash.

Tell me some rumors dumb boy. You’re a Klutch expert right? Tell me about how Aaron Bradshaw isn’t gonna play a second. Tell me about how Justin Edwards is shutting it down.

You’re a joke and so is the trash group of losers running around this board trying to bully other posters. None of you paths cowards are man enough to stand on your own. Well except for y’all message board boy girlfriend Nocihttp.
Go away lil piggie. The Kal board is --> that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT