ADVERTISEMENT

Two future max contract players walk into a bar...

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Bartender asks, "What will it be?"

One of the future max contract player says, "I'll take a shot."

Bartender replies, "A shot? At the final four? You're going to need at least four future max contract players if you're playing for John Calipari to do that."

Bartender asks, "What will it be?"

One of the future max contract player says, "I'll take a shot."

Bartender replies, "A shot? At the final four? You're going to need at least four future max contract players if you're playing for John Calipari to do that."
Not Laughing GIF by Hey Mikey!

“My boy,” lol, you’re so predictable, lame and your attempt at humor was weak. Hardly my boy but that’s your only go to comeback.
You read it as an attempt at humor.

That's a failure to connect on your part, but you've been making a lot of those since the Oakland loss and you keep trying to wrap your mind around it.

I'll help you out. We have a coach who can't win with superior talent.

Does that help, or do you still need to go off and ask 20 existential questions about the deeper meaning of all of our losses?

You read it as an attempt at humor.

That's a failure to connect on your part, but you've been making a lot of those since the Oakland loss and you keep trying to wrap your mind around it.

I'll help you out. We have a coach who can't win with superior talent.

Does that help, or do you still need to go off and ask 20 existential questions about the deeper meaning of it all our losses?
No. I am fully aware of our coaches many failures and his need to go and I didn’t fail to connect anything. You framed it as a joke, it bombed but you’re not the first and won’t be the last. Don’t let this kill your comedy dreams, chin up my man.

No. I am fully aware of our coaches many failures and his need to go and I didn’t fail to connect anything. You framed it as a joke, it bombed but you’re not the first and won’t be the last. Don’t let this kill your comedy dreams, chin up my man.
I bet you're the type of fan who logs in and expects all the fans to stop moping about, and then you enter into threads and end up moping even worse as you passive aggressively attempt to defend Cal. Kind of easy to pick up on at this point.

Seriously, dude, you've been having an existential crisis since the Oakland game. It's pretty apparent why your passive aggressive, snarky protesting is being exhibited.

"Hey, fans! Can't we stop complaining around here? There's no real use in complaining anymore! It doesn't help anything!"

Shut up with your psycho babble bullshit. You have no idea what you’re talking about. No one can accuse me of defending Cal, especially not you. Maybe an improv class can help?

• Love
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
SOS I really like you as a poster going back years.. but man, you have to let this go. I think 99.9% of us are in agreement that Cal needs to go. But this constant need to bring him into every topic needs to stop. No one is being convinced who isn't already in agreement that Cal has nuked this team.

I always give you a pass.. but some of these other posters can't go 5 minutes in this forum without whining about Cal, in a topic that has nothing to do with him. Don't be like them.

Three legged dog in the old west walks into a saloon, barkeep walks over and asks “how can I help you?” Dog replies “I’m looking for the man that shot my paw.”

SOS I really like you as a poster going back years.. but man, you have to let this go. I think 99.9% of us are in agreement that Cal needs to go. But this constant need to bring him into every topic needs to stop. No one is being convinced who isn't already in agreement that Cal has nuked this team.

I always give you a pass.. but some of these other posters can't go 5 minutes in this forum without whining about Cal, in a topic that has nothing to do with him. Don't be like them.
That's fair. It's just been hard watching what I love slowly get burned to the ground. Thanks for giving me a pass, brother. We're all BBN, and you're one of the best, @LineSkiCat14 .

I know it was just a joke by SOS, so I'm not saying I believe he thinks this way. But peripherally it did raise an issue I’m curious about, which is: How many fans still believe that a college team having 3-4 starting freshmen with designations such as “5-star,” “projected NBA draft pick,” or now “future max contract player” means that team should be the favorite to win an NCAA title (or even be one of the best college teams) that season? Who still doesn’t understand why all that “talent” can’t dominate (or even beat) teams with AA and All-Conf. players surrounded by experienced upperclassmen? When Matt Jones continues calling the #1 ranked high school recruit the best player in college (or the “#1 player” in college), who doesn’t flinch and thinks that statement sounds perfectly reasonable and obviously correct?

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I got bad news for a lot of you as long as the con artist is here this year it’s going to be hard to not bring it up in about every thread. I’m still PISSED OFF and will be until he’s totally gone. Every negative move he makes or lose he has is just going to magnify it 100x worse….

Reactions: Fox2monk
I got bad news for a lot of you as long as the con artist is here this year it’s going to be hard to not bring it up in about every thread. I’m still PISSED OFF and will be until he’s totally gone. Every negative move he makes or lose he has is just going to magnify it 100x worse….
Especially watching all our rivals hit the elite 8 and UCoNN on the verge of another title. They seem to figure it out quite easily in this time. Why can’t we?

Especially watching all our rivals hit the elite 8 and UCoNN on the verge of another title. They seem to figure it out quite easily in this time. Why can’t we?

Weellllll idk a out that.

Unc was a disappointment
Kansas was a disappointment
Duke, for who they faced, also a disappointment.
Tennessee still couldn't get to a F4.

Did they do better than UK? Sure. But in the years when UNC and Duke bow out early.. and we, say lose in the elite8.. does that make our loss any more validated? I don't think so.

Our rivals objectively failed. It just took them a other game or two. Not one of them got a Final4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT