ADVERTISEMENT

Twin Towers?

Is it assumed that we are only getting one of Oscar/Hunter? Not here to debate which one I would prefer. Just curious if there is any possibility we get both. Scholarships work out.

I don't see why not. They could both play together. Oscar has shown that he can hit the open 18 footer. And Hunter last season shot something like 42% from 3 point range. With Oscar under the basket, Hunter can be knocking them down from 3 point range. Our with Hunter under the basket, Oscar can be knocking down the 18 footer. We've got plenty of scholarships available.

I don't see why not. They could both play together. Oscar has shown that he can hit the open 18 footer. And Hunter last season shot something like 42% from 3 point range. With Oscar under the basket, Hunter can be knocking them down from 3 point range. Our with Hunter under the basket, Oscar can be knocking down the 18 footer. We've got plenty of scholarships available.
Just platoon em.

Is it assumed that we are only getting one of Oscar/Hunter? Not here to debate which one I would prefer. Just curious if there is any possibility we get both. Scholarships work out.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Lol clearly you’re kidding. Might as well put Ware at point guard

I agree with this. Essentially Oscar is size of a PF anyway, he can be one on DEF.
But not really a "twin towers", since they wouldn't both be trying to post on the block at the same time, and Oscar is short to be a "tower".

And no, platooning them would not work.

Oscar is not coming back, not sure why people are getting their hopes up about it.
Its Dickinson or bust

Not sure Oscar is considered a tower but Ugo and Bradshaw are 7 footers as well as Hunter. If Oscar doesn’t come back, I’d love to see Hunter and Bradshaw at the 4-5. When is the last time we have started 2 7 footers?

I think Hunter said he's only interested if Oscar leaves..

One can throw his teammates under the bus. The other one can lob insults at the coaching staff.

200.gif

You can't say that on this board. People will bash you. At least I was bashed in my recent thread.

I agree. Platoon. Cal and the people who bash platooning don't know their butt from a hole in a ground.

It worked. Replicate success. If it's not broke don't fix it.
Yeah I’d say it worked pretty damn well actually.

Reactions: Farsight
Lol clearly you’re kidding. Might as well put Ware at point guard
Because with the right coach & with both Oscar & Dickinson's ability to step away from the basket & knock down shots. Somehow you equate that to Lance Ware playing point guard. Now that's really, really intelligent of you isn't it

Because with the right coach & with both Oscar & Dickinson's ability to step away from the basket & knock down shots. Somehow you equate that to Lance Ware playing point guard. Now that's really, really intelligent of you isn't it
Oscar’s ability to step away from the basket and knock down shots?? Yikes. Teams give him that shot.
You’d have two slow bigs who clog the lane. Defensively would be abysmal. Imagine Oscar at the 4 trying to cover a stretch 4 😂 😂 😂 . Good thing your opinion doesn’t matter

Oscar’s ability to step away from the basket and knock down shots?? Yikes. Teams give him that shot.
You’d have two slow bigs who clog the lane. Defensively would be abysmal. Imagine Oscar at the 4 trying to cover a stretch 4 😂 😂 😂 . Good thing your opinion doesn’t matter
You're right their defense would be abysmal, if you are dumb enough to play man to man defense for 40 minutes. Any coach with a thimble full of basketball brains if he had Oscar & Dickenson 2 of the top-10 players in college basketball would find a way to play them both major minutes. Yeah Oscar would struggle to cover a stretch 4. But there's this thing called a zone defense, something that's foreign to some people. Now go ahead & tell us how playing them both together would clog the lane offensively. During the 1976-77 & 77-78 seasons we had 2 big guys Rick Robey & Mike Phillips playing together neither could score outside of 10 feet. Those 2 teams did all right. And in those days you had no 3 point shot to make defenders come out of the lane. With the 3 point shot it would be easier to play 2 bigs today than it was 40+ years ago.

1992 just called, it wants it's roster back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT