ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly Donovan AKA Norlander said this about Lanier

Agree, but if we get both than Krisa doesn’t have to play as much and that is better for everybody. Krisa is the only add I didn’t like
You’re going to love Kriisa now he’s wearing Blue. lol. We won’t be able to shut u up Dontworry. lol. Man he’s a killer I’m telling you. Hate guys like him on other teams but he’s a great player and is going to have some big moments and impact. He’s really a good young man to but he does talk a little trash to the other teams. lol. I like that.

You’re going to love Kriisa now he’s wearing Blue. lol. We won’t be able to shut u up Dontworry. lol. Man he’s a killer I’m telling you. Hate guys like him on other teams but he’s a great player and is going to have some big moments and impact. He’s really a good young man to but he does talk a little trash to the other teams. lol. I like that.
My only concern with him is he plays out of control and turns it over a lot

Last edited:
My only concern with him is he plays out of control and turns it over alto
Yeah I know what you’re saying. Hopefully with this new system he’ll calm down a little and get more catch and shoot opportunities. He can light it up when he gets hot. I agree tho, needs to play Uber control more and should have enough talent around to be able to. Still going to love his fire.

Jeff Goodman said Kriisa has matured. I really hope that is the case because it’s already hard enough to get an entirely new team to gel and play well together without team chemistry issues or distractions.
You can't tell everything from clips of course, but watching him, he actually seems like a really good team mate. It looks like he's only an asshole to his opponents.

8pie0o.jpg

You can't tell everything from clips of course, but watching him, he actually seems like a really good team mate. It looks like he's only an asshole to his opponents.

I keep thinking of Brock Cunningham when I see people talk about Kriisa. Texas Longhorn that was like a bull in a China shop, ticking the other team off all the time with his all-out play but his team absolutely loved him. Not at all the same type of game, just the same type of guy that is hated by everyone but those that play with him.

I keep thinking of Brock Cunningham when I see people talk about Kriisa. Texas Longhorn that was like a bull in a China shop, ticking the other team off all the time with his all-out play but his team absolutely loved him. Not at all the same type of game, just the same type of guy that is hated by everyone but those that play with him.
Sorry to be off topic, but laughed at the Wojo picture. Never forget Packer screaming “What’s he doing to Wojo.” What a drama queen. Hope he is ok.

I think he was hurt worse by Turner destroying him, lol. Coach K absolutely lost that game by keeping his pet Wojo in there instead of letting Avery check Turner IMO.
Turner did earn his spot in Kentucky lore for that game, but Evans going beast mode is an oft forgotten aspect of that game.

In just 24 minutes, he had 14 points, 2 made 3's, and 11 boards, 6 of which were on the offensive glass. It was the quintessential Evans game.

Turner did earn his spot in Kentucky lore for that game, but Evans going beast mode is an oft forgotten aspect of that game.

In just 24 minutes, he had 14 points, 2 made 3's, and 11 boards, 6 of which were on the offensive glass. It was the quintessential Evans game.
Great point. I seem to remember that he was the most active guy on the glass during that stretch run of the game. He played elite defense as well.

What a fun group that was.

Two things:

It came out today that lanier has cut ties with all schools except two which are tennessee and kentucky.

Like a lot of us, I've watched a lot of film on Chaz. And I can see Antonio Reeves game in this kid. And maybe he is better driver.
And craftier too.
I think he has more quickness than Reeves but maybe not as strong.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Lanier’s decision comes down to fit vs role. At Kentucky the fits perfectly in popes system, at tenneseee he will be in the dalton Knecht. I think the difference is Lanier in the pope system can get 15-20 points

Two things:

It came out today that lanier has cut ties with all schools except two which are tennessee and kentucky.

Like a lot of us, I've watched a lot of film on Chaz. And I can see Antonio Reeves game in this kid. And maybe he is better driver.
And craftier too.
If he is anywhere close to Reeves we need to lock him up. That dude was a baller.

Lanier’s decision comes down to fit vs role. At Kentucky the fits perfectly in popes system, at tenneseee he will be in the dalton Knecht. I think the difference is Lanier in the pope system can get 15-20 points
Barnes raving about big Igor. Big guy that is offensive minded and can shoot. Mentioned Knecht as similar with size and scoring ability.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I am not trying to be smart but Knecht averaged almost 22 PPG. last year in Barnes system. I think the angle has to be the Kentucky name on the Jersey and the history of the program. Sell him on how many players Kentucky has put into the NBA.

Two things:

And craftier too.
Yeah I think he plays better though contact and drawing fouls. Reeves little floaters are at a big time level though. Would be a great fit for us for sure.

Reactions: ukfan1622
I am not trying to be smart but Knecht averaged almost 22 PPG. last year in Barnes system. I think the angle has to be the Kentucky name on the Jersey and the history of the program. Sell him on how many players Kentucky has put into the NBA.
Knecht was the first player since Durant Barnes had that was like that, but I get what you are sayin.

Eh, I'm well past done on the whole "UK puts people in the NBA" thing. Great players will make the NBA regardless. Pope doesn't want that angle.

If what Barnhart said about UK NIL is true, we should have the money to pay this kid close to a million, if not more.

Dillingham made $770,000
Edwards made $560,000
Wagner made $560,000
Bradshaw made $520,000
Sheppard made $420,000
Reeves made $150,000

Even with the market taking an upturn of say, 20%, going by these numbers, the same guys would made about $100,000 more each this upcoming season.

That said, I'd imagine the market for our roster looks something like this:

Carr, Williams, Brea, Garrison: $400,000-$500,000 each
Butler, Oweh, KK: $200,000-$400,000 each.
Perry, Chandler, Noah: $100,000-$200,000 each.

Even at a maximum cost, you're spending $2 million on the top four; $1.2 million on the middle three; and $600,000 on the bottom three.

That's $3.8 to $4 million right now (at maximum).

Mitch said we had around $5 million committed, and that was before the recent surge of around $700,000 from the BBN NIL fund.

That puts our salary cap at around $5.7 million (at minimum).

It doesn't even factor in the extra coach's salary money we would have had to pay Cal (he would have made $3 million more than Pope this upcoming year); or the fact that we were willing to pay Hurley $7 million more a year than Pope. Where will that extra money go? It was there before and I know it didn't suddenly disappear.

That said, I'd say a safe estimate is that we still have a minimum of $1.7 million to $2.5 million in NIL available for the remaining roster spots.

You can give Lanier $1 million of that without blinking an eye and still have around a million remaining (at minimum).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT