ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Mitchell: no love from espn in their transfer rankings.

It's pretty insane not to have him listed higher, but he may not fill it up stat-wise like the others. Fit-wise, he is the best possible player we could've gotten, imo.

I transposed our stats from the Canada trip, adding Onyenso and Bradshaw, to see what our seasons' stats would be and Mitchell ended up with 26.2 MPG, 11.6 PPG, and 6.2 RPG. That's a really effective player for us.

Last edited:
They had Reeves way too low last season. So it goes. Mitchell is a GREAT fit for this particular roster, and that's all that matters. I just really hope Cal utilizes him properly if/when the two 7' are back.
Yep. True. ;)
Last season, Illinois State guard Antonio Reeves was ranked as the No. 36 transfer in the portal by ESPN.

All Reeves did in his first season at Kentucky was rank second on the team in scoring with 14.4 points per game off the bench while shooting 39.8% from 3-point range on his way to being named SEC Co-Sixth Man of the Year.

His 80 made 3s rank sixth all-time at UK by a first-year player, behind only Jamal Murray(113), Malik Monk (104), Brandon Knight (87), Patrick Sparks (82) and James Young (82) and Reeves scored in double figures in 26 of 34 games, had 10 games of 20 points or more, including four of his last six, including a career-high 37 points in a win at Arkansas in the regular season finale. - 247.

The more years you have left to play the higher you're ranked in the portal.
I'm sure Ware at IU is near the top.

Time will tell. He just needs to do his role, and not do to much. I said the same thing about Toppin, but as we seen that was bad from the start. He did to much and that was to much bad. Tre will have to know his role and do nothing special or try. He's a school collage player, so just know your role.

Probably the fourth or fifth option on a loaded team. He’s not going to get much love outside BBN.

He is unselfish. He came here to win, not get showered with accolades.

He will be a big part of the team, but Wagner, Edwards, Reeves, and maybe Bradshaw will grab most of the headlines.

I'll probably catch hell for this, but I prefer this guy over Hunter Dickinson. Tre's not the typical player UK deserves, but the one it needs right now.
He looks pretty damn good to me. I’m glad he’s here. I think Dickenson is a really solid college player but he may not have been the best locker room or playing style wise kinda guy for us.

Probably the fourth or fifth option on a loaded team. He’s not going to get much love outside BBN.

He is unselfish. He came here to win, not get showered with accolades.

He will be a big part of the team, but Wagner, Edwards, Reeves, and maybe Bradshaw will grab most of the headlines.
Tre is gonna be that dude who you know what you’re gonna get every night from. He’s gonna be a big part of our success.

He looks pretty damn good to me. I’m glad he’s here. I think Dickenson is a really solid college player but he may not have been the best locker room or playing style wise kinda guy for us.
Dickinson would not have fit at all, IMHO.

He wasn’t really what we needed to go with what we had.

Our 5 man needs to be mobile. We don’t need a space eater in the paint. Not with dynamic guards and wings.

I hope between Mitchell, Onyenso, and Bradshaw, we have enough at the 5, but with two of the three coming off surgery, I am concerned.

One more quality big man would cover our bases. Hope Cal has something up his sleeve.

Nahh, c'mon now. Yes he shit the bed against K-State, but look at his overall season and impact on UK for f*ck's sake. He's the reason UK even made it to the second round, too.
Just hope he took it to heart and is driven not to let it happen again.

I remember we called Darius Miller “Disappearous Miller” his Junior tear because he was inconsistent. If Reeves can play like Miller did his last season (become consistent), I will be happy.

Dickinson would not have fit at all, IMHO.

He wasn’t really what we needed to go with what we had.

Our 5 man needs to be mobile. We don’t need a space eater in the paint. Not with dynamic guards and wings.

I hope between Mitchell, Onyenso, and Bradshaw, we have enough at the 5, but with two of the three coming off surgery, I am concerned.

One more quality big man would cover our bases. Hope Cal has something up his sleeve.
I’d love to see Somto show up in the fall if possible. If not January or a Grad transfer we may not know about yet.

Truthfully, I don't care what these people think. I think Mitchell is the perfect guy for this team. Maybe that should be considered: who is the best transfer for his new team? Not "who is the best individual talent?" I don't think he's a great NBA talent but for this young team and new offense, he's great. He showed this offense fit him while the team was in Canada. He's a guy who has played in multiple systems and places, and UK needed someone who could come in and blend, and he clearly has learned how to fit right in. He's a stretch 4 or 5, can make 3s, can pass and make plays. He can bang and rebound. He fits exactly what the team needed.

Last edited:
It's pretty insane not to have him listed higher, but he may not fill it up stat-wise like the others. Fit-wise, he is the best possible player we could've gotten, imo.

I transposed our stats from the Canada trip, adding Onyenso and Bradshaw, to see what our seasons' stats would be and Mitchell ended up with 26.2 MPG, 11.6 PPG, and 6.2 RPG. That's a really effective player for us.
Fit wise he's number 1.

They had Reeves way too low last season. So it goes. Mitchell is a GREAT fit for this particular roster, and that's all that matters. I just really hope Cal utilizes him properly if/when the two 7' are back.
I really wonder if Cal knows how to use anyone properly anymore- how he uses the players this year will either make us a really good team or a so-so team, IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT