ADVERTISEMENT

Trazarien White into the portal

Don't sleep on Chandler.
I believe he's going to be great eventually, but probably a rotation piece off the bench all or most of next season - and that is very important to winning also. The fact that he's 20 instead of 18 makes a difference, but he hasn't played in 2 years. I think it'll take some time to get him playing close to his potential. On the other hand, I also don't think he'll stay in college more than a couple of years, so we need to at least get a great sophomore season out of him.

I’m actually not wild about him even if he did light us up last year. He’s a fairly ball dominant player who took the most shots on that team by a good margin while having a negative assist to turnover ratio. He also takes a ton of mid-range shots and doesn’t make enough of them to justify it (33% on 143 non-rim 2s according to Torvik). Doesn’t really seem like a great fit for what we’re trying to do in my opinion.

I’m actually not wild about him even if he did light us up last year. He’s a fairly ball dominant player who took the most shots on that team by a good margin while having a negative assist to turnover ratio. He also takes a ton of mid-range shots and doesn’t make enough of them to justify it (33% on 143 non-rim 2s according to Torvik). Doesn’t really seem like a great fit for what we’re trying to do in my opinion.
Appreciate the good analysis. This is the kind of good basketball stuff I come to this board for.

Kentucky needs dudes and this is a dude. You get him on campus and coach him up to a team specific role later.

Yeah I tend to agree with you. Go back and watch the highlights of that UK game. Scored majority of his points on layups in isolation on Edwards or Mitchells typical uninspired defense. Edward’s man D on him was unbelievably putrid that game.

Sophomore year

19 points 7 boards against UNC. Took 9 free throws.
19 points 3 boards against OK. Took 6 free throws
2 points in 16 minutes against UConn.

Junior

27 and 10 boards against Kentucky. Took 13 free throws
28 and 5 boards against Arkansas. Took 15 free throws.

34 points and 15 boards in 2 games against Amari Williams and Drexel last season.

5 games against top 6 conferences in last 2 seasons and averaged 19 points and 5 rebounds. Sure it's a small sample size, but he passes the eye test.

Reactions: hmt5000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT