ADVERTISEMENT

Trainwreck: Woodstock '99

Mar 1, 2020
Has anyone watched this docuseries? Watched it yesterday and my god, just when you thought it couldn't get worse, it did.

I saw it. I remember myself and sone buddies thought about going. Glad we didn't. The heat coupled with the price gouging of water and you just knew Limp Bizkits "Break Stuff" was going to ignite the crowd. I loved the documentary though. Nobody seems to remember the 94 Woodstock. There were some great acts there.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
I saw it. I remember myself and sone buddies thought about going. Glad we didn't. The heat coupled with the price gouging of water and you just knew Limp Bizkits "Break Stuff" was going to ignite the crowd. I loved the documentary though. Nobody seems to remember the 94 Woodstock. There were some great acts there.
I remember 1994 and all the mud. That one is overlooked.

I don’t know why but this commercial has been stuck in my head for 30 years now. There was a contest on MTV to win a trip to Woodstock 94, and part of the prize was a private RV instead of a tent. So the ad had people lined up forever to use a porta potty and the contest winner pops out and goes ‘I’ve gone to the bathroom twice already, and I’m going again!’

The things that stick in an 11 year olds mind

I watched it and thought it was really good. I remember when all that happened. We had talked about going because the lineup of bands was insane. Glad we did not go.

That whole scene was just an encapsulation of the very late 90s and early 2000s. Angry times.

Reactions: GeraldV
I know it ended bad, but I still thought it was wild to see Fred Durst be able to just move the crowd like that.

No one ever confused Nu Metal as being a positive musical genre, but damn if it wasn't fun.

It was definitely a sub genre 17-year-old me was head over heels into. Most of it didn't age well or become timeless, and Lim Bizkit ended up being more of a punchline than anything else.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Going to have to check it out.

As a side note, I went to Sonic Temple festival last month and Limp Bizkit was there and put on a great show.

It was a mix of angry music, a delusion from predominantly young males that they were allowed to act rapey and aggressive, and corporate greed.

I was into some of that music back then, as was nearly everyone. When I think Woodstock however, Korn and Limp Bizkit don't come to mind. The whole Woodstock thing was supposed to be a vibe, not what was hot at the time, and at that time, it was angry music about life being shit. Festivals have probably gotten a lot better since '99 as you don't see a lot of guys being bro dudes acting like they need to be aggressive towards everyone and have this idea that they're allowed to touch random women or scream "Show us your t!ts!" at a female performer on stage. The corporate greed will always be there but society knows that now and you've just gotta be prepared to spend money.

I’ve always wanted to meet and talk with a person who went to the original WS in 1969.

Never have met anyone who even knew someone who attended.

Anybody ever know someone who went?

I bet it was crazy!

I’ve always wanted to meet and talk with a person who went to the original WS in 1969.

Never have met anyone who even knew someone who attended.

Anybody ever know someone who went?

I bet it was crazy!
1969 was the era of old timey mail and I got a letter from a college friend who lived on Long Island in which he said he was thinking of going to Woodstock. I had no idea what he was talking about, He wound up not going, but that was the closest I ever came to knowing someone who was there.

Summer of 1970, 4 of us went to the Drive In to see the movie. The owner of the car drank himself into a stupor and so we had to drive him home and carry him into his apartment. As a reward, we borrowed his car for awhile. The Summer of Ad Hoc Rewards.

Reactions: Kybluedude
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT