ADVERTISEMENT

Trailer: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Nope. Not here for time traveling and it’s making the rumors look true. I want no part of this.

Reactions: RunninRichie
If the rumors of the plot are true, yes... in the most horrible of ways.

I sure we seen worse I didn't mind the last one. Never will there be anything like the first three. So good McDonald's sold them.

I think they're running out of scary/edgy titles.

Indiana Jones and the Stolen Change at the Car Wash
Indiana Jones and the Forgotten Debit Card PIN
Indiana Jones and the Awkward Grocery Store Clerk Interaction
Indiana Jones and the Slow Defroster
Indiana Jones and the Road Trip to Indiana

Good night, sweet prince...

b7d611996a0cf05fa1b7b207b7a93243--indiana-university-man-cave.jpg

Reactions: Kooky Kats
If they really want to bring some excitement to the franchise, they just need to go all out.

Indiana Jones and the Peehole Full of Fishhooks (Which One To Pull First?!)

I think they're running out of scary/edgy titles.

Indiana Jones and the Stolen Change at the Car Wash
Indiana Jones and the Forgotten Debit Card PIN
Indiana Jones and the Awkward Grocery Store Clerk Interaction
Indiana Jones and the Slow Defroster
Indiana Jones and the Road Trip to Indiana
Indiana Jones and the Enlarged Prostate

I'm fine with the original trilogy. Not every movie needs a franchise, a reboot, a remake, a reimagining, a return after twenty or thirty years, etc. Mangold is directing which is a positive though. He's the epitome of "solid director."

Last edited:
Looks cool to me.

Hollywood has been rebooting and remaking stuff since it started. But for some reason we have this belief it is a brand new thing and ruining the movies.

Looks cool to me.

Hollywood has been rebooting and remaking stuff since it started. But for some reason we have this belief it is a brand new thing and ruining the movies.
Well yes, but it happens more frequently now. Back then it made sense to remake a silent film like Ben Hur and give it the colorful "THIS IS HOLLYWOOD" treatment. We're now being served constant reboots, our childhood hero's back as 80 year old's trying to do what they did when they were 40, and remakes of films that only came out twenty years ago.

A24 seems to be the only studio allowing directors to use their own imaginations, so thank god for them. Hollywood and the studio system will always exist, but they're stuck in a deep nostalgia fever dream. As Tarantino said recently, he thought the '90s weren't a great decade for films overall, but compared to now, the '90s were a golden age.

Yeah, the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull would have been better by just casting someone else other than Shia Lebonehead as his son. That guy seems to scream in every movie he is in.

When you hire writers for reasons other than talent.... we seem to always get tired old reboots instead of new and interesting stories. Tarantino has said this is the worst decade of movies in US history. I tend to agree with him. We can't even make good superhero movies and they had decades of solid storylines to pick from to adapt and they went straight to modern feminist storylines. 86% of comic book fans were male and hollywood decided to shit on that 86% to try to get women interested in comic book stories.

The newest trailer just came out and it still looks like shit. Hollywood doesn’t know what made these movies and heroes special in the first place. Indy was a normal guy who got by with his wits, intelligence, and a bit of luck. Now he’s a freaking super hero. Oh and they’re gonna carry on the franchise with a female lead now… awesome.

It was a long time ago, he may have changed his mind

I hadn't watched Crystal Skull since it came out until last month. On my second viewing it wasn't as atrocious as I had remembered it. It is certainly the least of the 4. I will admittedly probably end up paying to go see this one.

Disney takes these beloved franchises and buys em up because they know these franchisees are cash cows. Then they proceed to shit all over that cash cow by shitting on those that made it a cash cow… the fans. If you’re so inclined to cater to the younger generation, then give those kids their own movies to watch. Stop taking movies we love and turning them into a parody of themselves.

It's amazing how these companies saw Tom cruise make bank on top gun sequel by giving fans exactly what made them love the movie.....then repeatedly do the exact opposite.

It defies any degree of rationale explanation. Are these execs really that stupid?
Yes, but Tom has control over how his movies are made. Harrison has no control like that.

It's amazing how these companies saw Tom cruise make bank on top gun sequel by giving fans exactly what made them love the movie.....then repeatedly do the exact opposite.

It defies any degree of rationale explanation. Are these execs really that stupid?
Ignorance. They think they know what the fans want. These modern movies are just used to push the message nowadays.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT