ADVERTISEMENT

Tounde Yessoufou

TCurtis75

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
According to KSR and X, he is no longer considering UK which is sudden since he has always said UK was his dream school. He is down to Arizona State, Baylor, and SoCal. I hope that means good news for Wilson after his official visit this past weekend.

I look at this as a positive, makes me think the Staff feels good about Wilson. Or he saw the writing on the wall

Reactions: TM2013
I’ve been of the opinion that wing recruits would be turned off after the Jasper signing as I expect him to be more of a SG(and a very highly paid one).

On paper there are already 3 conceivable starters for the 2 wing spots. Sophomore(former top 40 recruit) 21 plus year old Chandler and senior former top 75 recruit Otega to go along with Jasper.

I expect Tounde to be a very high dollar player as well. Very cool prospect though. I would think he’s planning to slide into VJ’s spot at Baylor next year.

Reactions: chroix
I’ve been of the opinion that wing recruits would be turned off after the Jasper signing as I expect him to be more of a SG(and a very highly paid one).

On paper there are already 3 conceivable starters for the 2 wing spots. Sophomore(former top 40 recruit) 21 plus year old Chandler and senior former top 75 recruit Otega to go along with Jasper.

I expect Tounde to be a very high dollar player as well. Very cool prospect though. I would think he’s planning to slide into VJ’s spot at Baylor next year.
I assumed of the 3, Baylor would be the choice.

Another “UK is my dream school” recruits that @Son_Of_Saul can add to the list.

I much prefer when one or both parties call it for whatever reason, and everyone can move forward. Would rather know we are out of the running, than stick around in a distant 4th place just hoping for good news.

• Love
Reactions: NociHTTP
With that list maybe he wants to stay out West
I think it could be that or he just expected to be the primary wing player. Either way, I am disappointed, but not completely surprised. We are not likely to get everyone we want unfortunately. Let’s hope we can still land either Cenac(seems to be trending Houston), Wilson or Bundalo and/or Ament.

Too bad. I really liked his game.

We will hopefully have Oweh back at the 3, so we are covered there.

We need a true 4 and while Yessoufou could have filled that role, he was a little on the small side, so I think Wilson or Cenac are better candidates for that job.

Reactions: true blue1
The best strategies can backfire. I believe we were suppose to be one of his first visits, but he or pope moved it to later. I can understand pope thinking the visit was a sure thing because of the way the kid talked about UK. I really love his game, too bad.

Yessoufou was a confusing recruit for me in trying to determine how desirable he would be for UK. As a freshman, Yessoufou had the look of a player that might add the most to a team as a PF. At least I don't think his 3pt. shooting is consistent enough yet to help spread the floor much, if you think that's important for a SF. But then he is short for a PF at 6'5" - basically he looks to have a similar build to Oweh, although Yossoufou may be a little bigger. On the other hand, the reports talk about a great motor. The recruiting service ON3 flat out states that they are ranking him as high as they do based strictly on what he might become in the NBA, not what he might do for a college team next season (in fact, that is the basis for how ON3 ranks every high school player). So, I tend to think the value of Yessoufou for UK would be tied to how likely he would have been to come back for a 2nd season - and I haven't read anything about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT