ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest player Bennett or Patrick Patterson

I would go in order: Hayes, Bennett, Magloire, maybe even MKG before Patterson. But certainly the first 2 are Hayes and Bennett (you can debate their order).

Between those two is Bennett. There was a picture of him his freshman year sticking his tongue out at the other team's bench an flexing his muscles. James Lee was another tough dude. My dad told me a story of a player for Rupp that chased a guy off the floor for the other team (Tennessee I think) that was roughing up Kentucky's best player. It might have been Allen Feldhaus. Do any of you remember this?

Between those two is Bennett. There was a picture of him his freshman year sticking his tongue out at the other team's bench a flexing his muscles. James Lee was another tough dude. My dad told me a story of a player for Rupp that chased a guy off the floor for the other team (Tennessee I think) that was roughing up Kentucky's best player. It might have been Allen Feldhaus. Do any of you remember this?
Taunting people and flexing at them doesn’t make someone tough. In fact, it often means the opposite. There’s gotta be a better example than that.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Between those two is Bennett. There was a picture of him his freshman year sticking his tongue out at the other team's bench an flexing his muscles. James Lee was another tough dude. My dad told me a story of a player for Rupp that chased a guy off the floor for the other team (Tennessee I think) that was roughing up Kentucky's best player. It might have been Allen Feldhaus. Do any of you remember this?
Bennett was tough but James Lee would have probably chewed up Bennett and spit him out. Freshmen Bennett with the Geri curls didn't look that tough.

There's been a bunch of them but in my book, if had to pick the toughest, you would have to go to our champions.
1 James Lee
2 Jamal Magloire
3 Wayne Turner

Reactions: nighthawks8
My answer to the post, as stated, as between Patterson and Bennett:
I'd take Bennett.

Continuing on with respect to other responses ... I think it's important to be mindful of the size of these individuals.
Maglore was 6'10, 260.
Patterson was 6'8", 235.
Bennett was 6'7", 210.
Hayes was 6'6", 242.

Hayes was the leading rebounder as a Sophomore, Junior, and Senior -- more rebounds than Erik Daniels as a junior; more rebounds than Marquis Estill as a sophomore. Nobody else was even close when Hayes was a senior.

Bennett was the team's leading rebounder in his last season. Bennett played his first three years with Kenny Walker. When Walker was a senior and Bennett was a junior, Walker had 272 rebounds and Bennett had 252 rebounds.

Of course, the per-game rebounding stats of all of these guys pale to insignificance compared to Frank Ramsey and Cliff Hagan.

Go 'Cats ! ! !

Reactions: Adolph B. Calipari
You must not be old enough to remember Bennett. He didn't back down from anyone. He didn't taunt, he caused people to wither.
Hence why I said there a must be a better example than that. The example you provided (pointing at the bench and flexing) is taunting. And that sounds like an example of someone acting small, not tough.

Charles Hurt

charles_hurt2.jpg

Andre Riddick literally choked a dude in the NCAA tourney. He got ejected and we lost the game to UNC due to his absence, but he was a tough dude!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT