ADVERTISEMENT

Topeka paper: Self reiterates sky isn't falling

The sky shouldn't fall on Self and Kansas. The full weight of the laws and ethics governing the sport that are supposed to be upheld by the NCAA should fall on them, with many game forfeitures, post-season bans and loss of scholarships. It used to be a program that "lost institutional control" with a coach personally tagged a liar and cheater automatically was sidelined for at least a couple years.

It's a dirty, cheating program, and he's the head crook.

They are still a good team. Talented roster, but as the article suggests, they are flawed.

No consistent scoring threats after Dick and Wilson, but they have guys that can get going at times - like McCullar and KJ Adams.

Their biggest flaw, as @David Sisk pointed out recently, is they really struggle against physical play. Something we get a heavy dose of every single game in the SEC.

SEC isn't the best basketball league in the country (Top 3, certainly), but we sure as heck are the most athletic and physical.

They are still a good team. Talented roster, but as the article suggests, they are flawed.

No consistent scoring threats after Dick and Wilson, but they have guys that can get going at times - like McCullar and KJ Adams.

Their biggest flaw, as @David Sisk pointed out recently, is they really struggle against physical play. Something we get a heavy dose of every single game in the SEC.

SEC isn't the best basketball league in the country (Top 3, certainly), but we sure as heck are the most athletic and physical.
I'd feel better about this if I had ANY reason to think that the Refs will let them play tomorrow. I just checked, and Oscar and Wallace both already have 2 fouls.

The sky shouldn't fall on Self and Kansas. The full weight of the laws and ethics governing the sport that are supposed to be upheld by the NCAA should fall on them, with many game forfeitures, post-season bans and loss of scholarships. It used to be a program that "lost institutional control" with a coach personally tagged a liar and cheater automatically was sidelined for at least a couple years.

It's a dirty, cheating program, and he's the head crook.
Old post, but interesting that one poster made fun of the post with 0 posts, 0 likes, etc, while 3 posters with 40,000, posts had legitimate likes for the thread.

You have to wonder if he might be a Kansas fan, along with some other fans on here trying to run off our #1 class next year.

Last edited:
Old post, but interesting that one poster made fun of the post with 0 posts, 0 likes, etc, while 3 posters with 40,000, posts had legitimate likes for the thread.

You have to wonder if he might be a Kansas fan, along with some other fans on here trying to run off our #1 class next year.
Agreed... except for their motive.
I don't think anyone is worried about the group of 18-yr old kids coming here next year.
#1 class does not mean what it did 20 years ago... the entire landscape continues to flip more and more away from 18-yr olds in building a team (let alone a program). The #1 class only gets you future pros on your team, not winning games or championships. If you think a #1 class actually matters, then you've bought the lemon CCC has been selling. It is all the keeps him around... false hopes on a #1 class... year after year.

Agreed... except for their motive.
I don't think anyone is worried about the group of 18-yr old kids coming here next year.
#1 class does not mean what it did 20 years ago... the entire landscape continues to flip more and more away from 18-yr olds in building a team (let alone a program). The #1 class only gets you future pros on your team, not winning games or championships. If you think a #1 class actually matters, then you've bought the lemon CCC has been selling. It is all the keeps him around... false hopes on a #1 class... year after year.
Next year might be a down year for talent but we still are signing the best available, and with the cheaters we haven't done that very often lately. And I think that Cal has hit the recruiting trail a lot harder this year. And the money is a lot more competitive now that everyone can buy players, not just the cheaters while our coaches have to stay squeaky clean. Our normal one and dones are likely to stay around longer now that they can LEGALLY have more than spending money here, and still make a mint like Cal's best usually do when they go pro.

Look at Oscar, do you really think he would still be here if he couldn't keep his LARGE family from living in starving conditions. Conditions that most of our fans can't imagine still exist. I would think less of him if he didn't take care of them like he can NOW.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT