ADVERTISEMENT

Top Gun 2...

USSLair

Senior
Apr 9, 2017
Kentucky
Original is in a class of it's own. The era, music, cheesy action movies. It's great.

Why I ask would they ruin the original? Goose is dead, Ice Man is fat as shit, who knows about the black guy.

Is this going to be about a former Navy polit flying a commercial airline?

Last edited:
Val Kilmer has lost a little weight but judging by his recent instagram posts, he's morphed into a Gary Busey doppleganger. Hollywood is out of ideas. So why not throw out the old favorites onto a wall and see what sticks?

Reactions: Moopyj and Willy4UK
What's your point?

Look bud, it wasn't my fault Iceman wouldn't take a shot, it wasn't my fault his jet wash caused me to get in an irrecoverable flat spin, and it sure as hell wasn't my fault Goose hit his head on the GD canopy -- so back off.
As long as you can sleep at night...

I am from that era and Top Gun sucked.
3cc17995_92125-Val-Kilmer-chomp-gif-Top-Gun-I-7HKt.gif

Have zero clue how Cruise is going to make this movie work. He is the only one of the original main cast that has maintained himself and can legitimately still pull off being Maverick 30 years later.

IceMan literal looks like IceCreamMan now.

agreed. Iron Eagle was way better imo
Bullshit -- I'm not the one who ditched my bird in the Med and left a teenager to do the hard work by himself. That'd be, uhhh...Chappy.

Sure I hesitated for a second before engaging -- MY BEST FRIEND HAD JUST DIED AND I'D LOST MY GIRLFRIEND DAMMIT -- but after that I picked up Iceman's slack and splashed three bogeys.

TeamGlen(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)n(n)#

Yeah. In the new one there's a alien Death Star that is threatening to blow up the world and Viper is the President and Charlie figures out a way to disarm the Death Star's shield but Maverick has to implant the device. Mav escapes and leads the attack that weakens the Death Star but runs out of photon torpedos before the job is done. Ice parks his RV in front of Clark's house and then flies a kamikaze mission that saves the world. Mav tells Charlie that she completes him but she tells him he can't handle the truth. Mav jumps off the couch and gets hurt and is in a wheelchair for a while. After his wife joins a weird sex group, he contemplates law school but ends up a bartender.

Who wins in a dogfight? doug masters and chappy in F16's or goose and mav in F 14's?

Last edited:
Will need a new leading lady.

The last time I saw a picture of Kelly McGillis she looked like late era Shelley Winters. But put me down as 'would.'

By the way, back when she and I were both around 30, she was starring in a Shakespearean play in Washington, at the old Folger's Theatre which was very near where I used to live on Capitol Hill.

One night, she just came into a neighborhood bar where I used to get drunk. Alone. I tried to pick her up. She was actually pretty cool about it, but of course I failed.

That's how you know this is a true story. In the bullshit version she came back to my place and we recreated the sponge bath scene from Witness.

Reactions: GhostVol
Have zero clue how Cruise is going to make this movie work. He is the only one of the original main cast that has maintained himself and can legitimately still pull off being Maverick 30 years later.

IceMan literal looks like IceCreamMan now.

Ice Man isn't fat any more thanks to oral cancer. He tweeted that he can't wait to film the sequel.

fd55b9fd3a143ea4a4c60568c6b2de8e

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT