ADVERTISEMENT

Top condiment / sauce

What is your favorite (2), couldn't go without, condiments or sauces?

• Ranch

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Honey Mustard

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Sirachi

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Blue Cheese dip

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • Mustard

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Honey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mayo

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • BBQ sauce

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Other

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
Ranch and honey mustard. Blue cheese and sweet and sour sauce are next up.

Salsa is the best selling condiment in the US, so I've read. Should be on the list. Is it a condiment? I would say so.

Tough decision. But there are 2 that I absolutely use more than others. Ketchup and Ranch.

I don’t believe ketchup would ever be at the top of anybody’s list. But it pairs wonderfully with one of my favorite foods….the Fry. I just don’t think I could go without it forever. And while it may not have the popularity of BBQ, Honey Mustard, etc., it’s versatility can’t be matched.

Ranch is the Deion Sanders of sauces. Makes a great dipping tool that has an argument as number one overall and then pivots to the salad category…..where I believe it’s objectively number one. Like ketchup and fries, Ranch really shines when paired with wings. I just can’t imagine a life without it. Blue cheese is a legit player in the wing game, but it can’t switch positions to other foods like Ranch can.

Reactions: chroix

I’ve been chasing a chimichurri that I had in Disney, of all places, ever since 2016. Have not had anything close yet.

I chose BBQ sauce and Other. The other is a tie between sweet teriyaki and Dale/Allegro sauce.

I’ve been chasing a chimichurri that I had in Disney, of all places, ever since 2016. Have not had anything close yet.
This is my go to chimichurri and it's wonderful. I add a shallot to the recipe but it is not authentic. I think that it really adds more flavor to the sauce. Also the parsley should be the Italian/flat leaf type (slightly bitter) and not the curly garnish (little flavor) type.

Last edited:
Reactions: funKYcat75
Russian dressing is missing from the list. Nothing better than a sandwich grilled roast beef, caramelized onions, and cheese with russian.

This is my go to chimichurri and it's wonderful. I add a shallot to the recipe but it is not authentic. I think that it really adds more flavor to the sauce. Also the parsley should be the Italian/flat leaf type (slightly bitter) and not the curly garnish (little flavor) type.

That sounds good. Think I’ll give it a try. Thanks

Reactions: DSmith21
This one is a no-brainer for those of us that have good taste. Mayonnaise. It stands alone by itself and is easily the most versatile ingredient in many other recipes.
You think adding a dash of black pepper to something makes it spicy, don't you?

Its "Sriracha" 😉

My votes are mustard and BBQ sauce. Mayo is a close third but I can manage without it. I've gotten to the point I don't even use ketchup on fries anymore. No idea. But mustard is a must for dogs and burgers etc. And I love smoking meat too much, and I enjoy making sauces for it just as much.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
My first would be from several hot sauces. My second would be Miracle Whip because I might have been poor, but the really poor kids ate mayonnaise sandwiches all the time, and I seriously think about that every time I taste mayonnaise. Not eating it. ( Not a condiment elitist, just rough memories)

Baby Rays Mild Buffalo sauce on Wings and a side of Ken's Farmhouse each to dip each wing in.

Ice cold can of Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout to wash it all down.

Paradise.

I once saw survey results saying that the food people would most not be willing to give up was....CHEESE.

That surprised me at the time. Then I only ate cheese on a pizza. Now I eat it more, but still it would not be at the top of my list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT