ADVERTISEMENT

Top 3 point shooter in the nation; Pitino’s boy in the portal …Walter Clayton Jr.

Thanks for the video. He looks slower than I had guessed he would be. But would still take a chance on him.
Kid transferred from Lake Wales his junior year of HS and led Bartow HS to 2 consecutive state championships …most people thought he’d go football cause he’s 6’2”, played safety and would hit you …had offers out the ying yang …but he loved basketball more …so he took a scholly to a smaller school and of course wants to make it to the NBA hence the draw for him to Pitino …kid grew up hanging around hood ballers so he’s got an edge …I definitely wouldn’t consider him slow

His Coach is up here at the gym I’m at and just told me he’s gonna explore …it’s not a foregone conclusion that he’ll follow Pitino to St John’s fwiw

that has nothing to do with it and you know it. You should quit posting really.

If you want an even playing field with the likes of uga, vandy, nd st, Texas tech that's fine. Because there isn't no differences those teams will get guys like that. For us not to take the program the name the head coach edge we will keep losing to power 5 teams.

I'd like to think we can get players better and have an edge.

Right but the issue is that recruiting players you speak of is over. There is no uncommitted high school senior star that is going to come in. The incoming class is great ranking wise but if you are going to supplement them with depth you will have to go to the portal.

If Kentucky loses the 6 seniors, the 2 freshman and a surprise transfer what other options do you have.

I don’t think anyone expects to be a contender if we do what we have been doing the last few years, but without the portal this year Kentucky is likely in the NIT.

Either we roll with 7-9 scholarship guys next season, with none proven to be power 5 level yet, unless Livingston comes pack, or Kentucky hits the portal. It’s the system we have now unfortunately.

If you want an even playing field with the likes of uga, vandy, nd st, Texas tech that's fine. Because there isn't no differences those teams will get guys like that. For us not to take the program the name the head coach edge we will keep losing to power 5 teams.

I get your argument in theory, but clyburn can play at a lot of power 5 schools, he is a really good player

Among players with over 100 3-Pt attempts over the course of the season, Clayton ranks 41st.

#1 is Luke Avdalovic from Pacific with 51.1%. Among the main 6 conferences, Chico Carter of South Carolina had 47.6%, Other notables include Luke Frampton of WKU (46.2%), Joey Hauser of MSU (46.2%), Kobe Brown of Missouri (45.5%)

You do know, that's exactly what he did with Reeves.
We all know he had Wheeler written in ink as our PG, and he had top FR Wallace and Livingston that he probably wanted to play at the 2 & 3. Yet brought in Reeves to threaten his FR starting position.
Next!
By the way, starting isn't the most important thing, minutes are. And it's not an all or nothing proposition. I believe Lamb came off the bench in 2011 but played 28.4mpg. Miller did in 2012 for 26.1mpg. Ulis from the bench was 4th in minutes in 2015 at 24.5.

Not to mention, I think next year will be his last year at UK, regardless of the outcome. We struggle or anything less than a F4, BBN will get more restless and he will be fired or negotiate an exit (half his payout) or walk away (yes I know it's a lot of $, but he already has 2X that, more than he could ever spend); or he wins it all (not likely) and exits on top with a smirk on his face and opens other jobs if he wants to keep coaching. The only way I think he might return is if he gets close (lose in F4) and thinks he has an even better chance the next year. So I think he will do anything that his stubborn arrogant attitude lets him do to win next year.
Reeves never started until injuries and “whatever” made it possible, even necessary

Reeves never started until injuries and “whatever” made it possible, even necessary
It wasn't injuries that benched Wheeler. You can argue that he was starting Fredrick over Reeves, but Reeves was still playing starter minutes, AND it couldn't have been much longer before Reeves was starting over Fredrick as bad as Fredrick was playing.

You say I should quit posting, because I proved your weak-ASS wrong!!!
#1 Alabama relies upon a mid-low-major transfer, Sears, to be their #2 scorer. Yeah, I'd hate to be in their shoes right now. There are several guys in the NBA right now who played for mid-low-majors, but they aren't good enough according to you. And you think I should quit posting, when you are the one saying stupid-ass shit.

Along with Clayton, Junior Joseph, Quinn Slazinski (originally from UL), and Cruz Davis all entered the portal from Iona. I could see all of them going to St. Johns.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
Reeves and this guy should start and then the freshmen could come along at a nice pace. But idiot Cal won’t bring guys that would take his precious freshmen’s time, and Mitch doesn’t have the balls to tell him this is how it has to be. We cannot sustain this one and done shit and it’s not benefitting UK at all. So sick of Cal I can spit nails.
Yea this guy start over Edwards, nice plan

That ^ was a STUPID thing to say. So are you saying, had the no-penalty transfer portal been around 5-10-20-30 years ago, you wouldn't have taken mid/low-level school guys like NBA players:
Damian Lilliard (Weber St)
Steph Curry (Davidson)
JJ Barea (Northeastern)
Keven Martin (Western Carolina)
Rodney Stuckey (Eastern Carolina)
Donovan Mitchell (Louisville)
Ja Morant (Murray St)
Pascal Siakam (NM St)
Paul George (Fresno St)
Fred VanFleet (Wichita St)
Christian Wood (UNLV)
Or go further back for all time greats like Rodman, Pippen, Bird, Malone, Stockton, Robinson, Nash, Gervin, Parrish.
Or how about this year, just in the SEC, Kentucky's 2nd leading scorer (Reeves), #1 Alabama's 2nd leading scorer (Sears), LSU's best player (Williams), Auburn's best player (Broome), or the Arkansas lane protector at C. Or last year Grady was playing at All-SEC level (making 3's at a level only bettered by Ford and Lamb at UK) until he had an injury and tried to play through it that has taken down many professional athletes (plantar fasciatis). You could create a top 10-20 team just from non-P5 transfer portal players. So to add 1 or 2 as a contributing piece, not as your star player, but to fill a void, is the smart thing to do.
Mitchell IIRC was a 4 star kid that played in the Big East or ACC at a program thats top ten to 15 in nearly every category, Im not sure he fits on that list. A couple other guys while not playing in the ACC/BEast are not at slouch programs playing slouch competition either Wood being the most striking example. That said when you can get a kid that can play at a high level at ANY D1 program he is worth a look. Those who say otherwise just arent paying attention. When that kid comes from a legendary conference he stands out even more but coming from MAC or CUSA etc isnt a dead set "he cant do it here" situation.

Reeves and this guy should start and then the freshmen could come along at a nice pace. But idiot Cal won’t bring guys that would take his precious freshmen’s time, and Mitch doesn’t have the balls to tell him this is how it has to be. We cannot sustain this one and done shit and it’s not benefitting UK at all. So sick of Cal I can spit nails.
Not nice. Idiot enough to make 9 million per year. How does that compare with yours?

Unless he is too slow to get himself open vs P5 level players (which I doubt), I would take him in a heartbeat!!!

But given that his coach (Pitino) is transferring, there is a strong chance he follows him.
But St. Johns ain't Kentucky! Although I'm sure Pitino will sell him on playing in NYC at Madison Square Garden.
Ain't Kentucky? Since when were WE relevant? I know, I know, Coahveed.

Umm last season when we were in contention for a number one seed and walloped the two teams that played in the title game.
I don't go by early season numbers, and neither should you. That's participation level trophy stuff right there. You go by how you finish, or at least when conference level tournaments start. No where was UK "relevant" when it mattered. When was the last time UK was Final Four material throughout the entirety of a season?

I don't go by early season numbers, and neither should you. That's participation level trophy stuff right there. You go by how you finish, or at least when conference level tournaments start. No where was UK "relevant" when it mattered. When was the last time UK was Final Four material throughout the entirety of a season?
Why do you care if they when they were relevant for the whole season? You don’t go by early season.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Why do you care if they when they were relevant for the whole season? You don’t go by early season.
Answer the question:. When was the last time UK was a relevant Final Four contender type program? Relevant for the whole season includes early wins against top tier teams. Just answer the question.

Answer the question:. When was the last time UK was a relevant Final Four contender type program? Relevant for the whole season includes early wins against top tier teams. Just answer the question.
That is really easy. 21/22. Without injuries that team had a chance to win it all.

Now I admit that a read the context of your post incorrectly originally. I think I agree with you. February and March matters.

Now that’s funny

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT