ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Lloyd ain’t it

Agree. He’s definitely not it. Halftime reporter asked what they needed to do in seconds half. He said just okay better. Sounded familiar tho not sure where I heard it. Lol

Didn’t watch the whole game but as usual just look at the 3 point shooting for the story. 5-28 is a death sentence in 2024.

Sweet 16? Thatd be nice! Cal is a bum. Has been a bum. And will continue to be a bum. He isn’t capable of taking any team to the sweet 16 anymore and he never will. Our AD is too much of a pansy to do anything about it. Two absolute disgraces. I would take ANY coach right now.

Agree. He’s definitely not it. Halftime reporter asked what they needed to do in seconds half. He said just okay better. Sounded familiar tho not sure where I heard it. Lol
It's funny you say it sound familiar, because Arizona fans' complaints about Lloyd have been identical to complaints about Cal all season long. They complain he starts guys who haven't earned it, that every game some random guy gets hot and Lloyd can't adjust to stop him, lazy defense gives up wide open shots, etc.

I’m reluctant to judge coaches by tournament results. It’s such a volatile event and even the greats of the modern era have their duds in it. Even applying this to Cal, I’m far more upset that we don’t win the SEC anymore, don’t don’t win many big games against ranked teams anymore, are in danger of losing the all-times wins lead, etc. than I am a couple of upsets in the tournament (although we lost those for many of the same reasons we’re not special in the regular season).

I wouldn’t write off Lloyd just because of three disappointing tournament results. That’s a small sample size, especially when his teams are having the kind of seasons to make that result a disappointment in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: VAWildcat15
Great regular seasons in a terrible conference and then craps his pants.

Lloyd has now lost in the Sweet 16 or earlier three straight years as a 1 or 2 seed

What has Cal done the last 3 years?

What’s crazy is even with Lloyds ho hum/craps his pants tourney results it’s STILL better than John Calipari’s tournament results the last 3 years.

Thoughts on that? Because I’ve not seen you use the same energy for Cal that you’re using here for Lloyd.

Not saying Lloyd is it at all but it’s wild that if we fired our current coach right now and hired Lloyd, based on the last several seasons, Lloyd would be more successful than our $9 million per year coach.

It's funny you say it sound familiar, because Arizona fans' complaints about Lloyd have been identical to complaints about Cal all season long. They complain he starts guys who haven't earned it, that every game some random guy gets hot and Lloyd can't adjust to stop him, lazy defense gives up wide open shots, etc.
This was my first time watching extended action of them since the 2OT thriller against FAU around Christmas time. Arizona played just like UK in that loss.

Lloyd will be fine. Hell its not like he got a phone call to gauge interest in a job that Barnfart never had any intention of advertising anyway.

The knock on Lloyd has been his inability to advance far in the tournament so far. I would like to see him have a little more success in the postseason to consider him in the future, but I also realize all of the possibilities have their shortfalls.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Didn’t watch the whole game but as usual just look at the 3 point shooting for the story. 5-28 is a death sentence in 2024.
That's what's both great and horrible about this tournament. One bad shooting night and you WILL go home. Could happen to any team. I wish from E8 on it was best of three. Would extend the season a couple weeks to the middle of April and would give you a more "accurate" champion.

But that's not the tourney. And that's what makes it both infuriating and special.

Be hilarious as hell if 3 ACC teams made the FF after all the shit talking about their weak conference this season. IF you had Clemson in you're E8, the black choppers are coming for you, you psychic alien freak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT