ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Hanks Best Movie?

I'm not saying it was because of Tom Hanks, because it wasn't, but The Green Mile is one of the best movies ever made. It was a long movie, but not long enough.

Come on, it's a fantastic drama. It's definitely one of his best 5 movies. Probably my fourth favorite.

It's an ok movie but nothing spectacular from him. Nowhere close to an all time great movie or even the best from King adaptations. As far as best movies ever made, I guess it would crack top 500 to 1,000.

One of the best movies ever made?
How many thousands of movies have been made? If it was in the top 100 it would be one of the best, no? Name them. Name 100 movies better than that one. I'll wait. That movie took you through every emotion possible. If you didn't love some characters and hate some others, then you are not qualified to judge movies. I'll stand by my statement and the informal environment it was posted.

How many thousands of movies have been made? If it was in the top 100 it would be one of the best, no? Name them. Name 100 movies better than that one. I'll wait. That movie took you through every emotion possible. If you didn't love some characters and hate some others, then you are not qualified to judge movies. I'll stand by my statement and the informal environment it was posted.

Well, when you said one of the greatest films of all time I wasn't sure what you meant, just knew it wasn't close. Since you now said top 100 here is AFI's top 100 and I don't see Green Mile sniffing it.

http://www.afi.com/100years/movies10.aspx

Gotta go with Forrest Gump, watch it anytime I'm channel surfing and run across it. Castaway and Capt. Phillips are good also. I really like SPR too, but the scene where the kraut kills the GI that had released him, is really sad, so I hardly ever watch it.

Well, when you said one of the greatest films of all time I wasn't sure what you meant, just knew it wasn't close. Since you now said top 100 here is AFI's top 100 and I don't see Green Mile sniffing it.

http://www.afi.com/100years/movies10.aspx

I will agree that a movies worth is a subjective value, but you have to admit that some of the movies on that list fail miserably in comparison to TGM. It's main detraction seems to be its length. I've watched Citizen Kane one time. I'll never watch it again. I'll catch TGM the next time I have the opportunity.

BbodPjyIAAMIQ2K.jpg

tom-hanks-the-love-boat-1977-BP8HYY.jpg

hanks-happy-days-feature-1.jpg

The real answer is Philadelphia.

I liked him best as an actor in Saving Private Ryan. Loved Road to Perdition but not necessarily because of him (loved the story and the other actors- Paul Newman, Jude Law, Daniel Craig, etc.). Nothing in Common (with Jackie Gleason) is underrated.

The best movie Tom Hanks has been in is clearly Saving Private Ryan.

His best performance is probably Cast Away.

I will always watch Apollo 13, Big and Forest Gump if they are on TV.

Most underrated and hilarious is the Burbs followed closely by Joe Versus the Volcano.

On the flip side, Forest Gump is on the most overrated movie list. A true piece of shit that everyone thinks is awesome for some reason.

You are the 1st person I have ever seen to say Forest Gump is overrated.

Saving Private Ryan, Catch me if You Can, The Terminal are probably my 3 favorites of his.

The guy has a monster resume though. I can't argue much with a lot of the other movies people have called out here.

Forrest Gump by a landslide. BUT his best role would have to be cast away. To be able to carry a movie and make it successful when you're the only character throughout the movie takes talent. Matt damn did a good job as well but not as well as hanks did

Not one mention of BIG...!?

After a wish turns 12-year-old Josh Baskin into a 30-year-old man (Tom Hanks), he heads to New York City and gets a low-level job at MacMillen Toy Company. A chance encounter with the owner (Robert Loggia) of the company leads to a promotion testing new toys. Soon a fellow employee, Susan Lawrence (Elizabeth Perkins), takes a romantic interest in Josh. However, the pressure of living as an adult begins to overwhelm him, and he longs to return to his simple, former life as a boy.

He was also really good in Beetlejuice...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT