ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Golden!

Is he ready for UK? Maybe so but if not I think he will be a great coach sooner than later.
I don't think he is ready for the melting pot that is UK but I was at the SEC tournament and I came away impressed with this young coach. I would be inclined to bring in a more seasoned coach, or at least one that has proven himself more on the big stage. But this guy has the tools to be an exceptional coach.

he wouldn't have gone 23-10 with this roster. can just about guarantee that.

i liked him at san francisco but wanted to see at a p5 job. he's done well at florida. if he makes a sweet 16 run then bring him on.

but honestly.....literally anybody else other than the guy who is currently in the seat

I don't think he is ready for the melting pot that is UK but I was at the SEC tournament and I came away impressed with this young coach. I would be inclined to bring in a more seasoned coach, or at least one that has proven himself more on the big stage. But this guy has the tools to be an exceptional coach.
You may be right, but I would take my chances, and believe he could handle it if given the chance. Pitino was only 37 when he came here and that worked out pretty good.

Todd Golden still has to prove himself over some time. He seems like he has "potential". That is years down the road.

Reactions: jgraf_1
You may be right, but I would take my chances, and believe he could handle it if given the chance. Pitino was only 37 when he came here and that worked out pretty good.
Pitino had been to a Final 4 and had made the NBA playoffs as a coach. He may have been young, but he had already shown that he coach at a high level. Taking on Golden at this time would be way more of a gamble.

Pitino had been to a Final 4 and had made the NBA playoffs as a coach. He may have been young, but he had already shown that he coach at a high level. Taking on Golden at this time would be way more of a gamble.
It would be no more of a gamble than bringing back what we currently have and will not change. I will take that gamble all day long!

This right here!! Literally Cal has made Uk all about himself and his draft picks. It was great while it worked and we were winning but now it’s just him saying he’s accomplishing things helping people go to the NBA not Uk anymore… so damn backwards
It was either that or face his failure as a coach.

If Todd Golden makes a run this year, then I think he needs to at least be considered. He's young, has a good style, can recruit, can coach, and is still hungry. Don't underestimate the value of a coach who is still growing. That means peak years of Golden are still ahead of him.

It looks to me like Golden is all business about his job as head coach, players seem to like him and they play hard for him. I think he would be a good candidate for the job, he just signed an extension, I'd say he's happy where he is though. Money will make you listen sometimes when you have time to think about it. Right now, we have a humanitarian posing as a coach who is not enthusiastic about winning, just collect his paycheck.

I would take Todd Golden right now. Young, 38 year old coach that plays an exciting style of ball!
Nodding Lol GIF by SoulPancake

I can't stand Pitino, but he was far more experienced than Golden is right now. It's not just about age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT